VCT appearence

Used&Abused

Name
Jason Harned
Ok gents & gals,super worn vet tile poor maintenance by housekeeping , after waxing seems to have stiletto indention or pits. I feel that the vet would be way to hard to make a dent on the service,I will take any advice please

Used&Abused

Name
Jason Harned
Sorry for the delay.so the floor is covered with pits

BCA3F2CC-B317-4CBC-B7DE-53C7DC87892A.jpeg

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
If the dimpling is in a traffic pattern, it is from walking or wheeled carts with stuff stuck to the wheels. If it is everywhere it is a textured surface.
Either way all you can do is clean the old and put down new. In theory you could screen the finish and fill the low spots, but how many visits are they willing to pay for?

• Wow
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Used&Abused

Name
Jason Harned
If the dimpling is in a traffic pattern, it is from walking or wheeled carts with stuff stuck to the wheels. If it is everywhere it is a textured surface.
Either way all you can do is clean the old and put down new. In theory you could screen the finish and fill the low spots, but how many visits are they willing to pay for?
Thank you for your input but the dimples are absent after stripping & they only show up after wax is applied before any traffic is on it

Name
Doug B
super worn vet tile poor maintenance by housekeeping
the dimples are absent after stripping & they only show up after wax is applied
Are you sure the dimples are absent after stripping or just not visible because the area is not shiny. On a stripped and dried area you can use a drywall sanding sponge to lightly sand the surface. This will show you the contrast between the highs and lows. Then you will know for sure.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
As you described, it is exactly what you suspect. Heels. They will wear into the floor, and will appear because of the gloss you apply.
Even my Terrazzo floors in my churches have em. For goodness sake, no sand screening🤷🏼‍♂️😂

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
As you described, it is exactly what you suspect. Heels. They will wear into the floor, and will appear because of the gloss you apply.
Even my Terrazzo floors in my churches have em. For goodness sake, no sand screening🤷🏼‍♂️😂
No I wouldn’t waste time screening either. Perhaps that wasn’t clear.

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Thank you for your input but the dimples are absent after stripping & they only show up after wax is applied before any traffic is on it
Ok. So the dimples show up after waxing only. In the auto painting world we call those “Fish eyes” and it happens when there is moisture in the air lines. That being said, is the floor dry after you completed rinsing the stripper off and before applying the wax?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Some high solids finishes do similar when applied over a damp or poorly rinsed floor.

And especially if fans blow directly onto the surface to speed drying.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom