VCT FLOOR FINISH

scotty747

zep is a very good finish for the price. i use it all the time. 3 coats at least. every coat makes a big difference in the final appearance. Johnson is ok from lowes but it isnt as good as the zep. regular johnson wax from a janitorial supplier like vectra is best. when i use zep i use 2 coats of high traffic and a top coat of the high gloss. i dont use any wax from bay city. there no better than zep.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I had to use it on a small job and I knew that it was a one time deal.

If I was to maintain or have to apply finish periodically I'd go to betco/sparten/butchers.

Walt

Zep from homedepot is crap. You will work harder and longer. I've always figured that it was really worth spending the extra 20 bucks and getting something way better. Few coats, better shine, and lasts longer.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
500 Sq. Ft would be a minimum charge for me, so it would not be a issue chemical cost. I have not used ZEP for a few years, but was not impressed. For cheep finish I have not found anything better then Perforce from Sam’s Club at $10.00 Gal. For $15.00 a gal I can get Betco. You might take into account if your customer plans to burnish,as some finishes are made for low maintenance and some respond better to high speed buffing.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Just remember its like anything in this world

"You Get What You Pay For"

If they have plans on burnishing dont put that ProForce crap from sams on any floor. If you burnish it scratches very easy and looks like crap after burnishing.

CarpetKING

I have used a bunch of floor finishes over the last 7 years and Spartans I-SHINE is no doubt the absolute best. You get a great shine and its fairly low maintenance. Has great durability. You wont be disappointed. I think I pay about $90 for a 5 gal bucket.

Back
Top Bottom