VCT job yesterday

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I don't know how anyone can like doing VCT. It's as boring as watching the grass grow.
I did this job at $1.50/SqFt. 444 square feet, $666 bucks (didn't like the number so I went $650).
I don't know how some of you all can do this work for any less, took 6 hours even with air flow.
I used Hillyard stuff, Stripped, 2 coats of sealer, 4 coats of wax.
vt2.jpg

vt1.jpg

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Good Job 8) .

The total job took 6hr or 6hrs of putting down finish?

That's good money. Anytime you can make $100 an hr without the truckmount running, your doing good. I too hate watching finish dry on small jobs and try to sell some carpet cleaning, so I have something to do while the finish drys.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
not bad......

bathrooms are a bitch to do around, i dont care who you are....

6 hrs for 444 feet though :| :| :| :|

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
He still made a killing good job. You should take any vct job that is willing to pay more than .75 a square. It's good money

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
WHISKER said:
I don't know how anyone can like doing VCT. It's as boring as watching the grass grow.
I did this job at $1.50/SqFt. 444 square feet, $666 bucks (didn't like the number so I went $650).
I don't know how some of you all can do this work for any less, took 6 hours even with air flow.
I used Hillyard stuff, Stripped, 2 coats of sealer, 4 coats of wax.
vt2.jpg

vt1.jpg

6 layers of sealer/wax?

That is old school, you can go with Betco Best or Johnson Timessaver and have 2-3 layers of finish. With a blower at a 45 degree angle you are looking at 15 minutes dry time.And a better shine

The answer is better production

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Yea, that's what I was thinking applying the recommended 8 layers of ultrachem.
But, you have to do what’s best for your customer. On a small area like that you might as well put down the best stuff money can buy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom