VCT question

Name
Evets
We have some really big VCT jobs coming up that a 175 isn't going to work on. Never used an auto scrubber, so my question is will it strip as good as a 175?
Hopefully some of you have experience with this and can give some insights. Thanks!

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Mikey P

Administrator
Auto scubbers are for cleaning, not full stripping.

You can't heal, hover or work corners and edges like you can with a 175.

But you can run a SPP and hack it out, and only WE will notice the lack of clarity, and perfection.

• Eyeroll
Reactions: Kenny Hayes
Name
Doug B
We have some really big VCT jobs coming up that a 175 isn't going to work on. Never used an auto scrubber, so my question is will it strip as good as a 175?
Hopefully some of you have experience with this and can give some insights. Thanks!
I have a 17" autoscrubber I use on bigger areas. It works good. Scrub with the vac off and the squeegee up first. Just go at half of a walking pace. Slow down when needed. I always go along the edges and in corners with a brush whether I use a the autoscrubber or a 175. Also helps to run a squeegee around the edge to bring the slurry way from the wall when vacuuming it up.

I have to fill my tank with clean water (13 gallons) for the head pressure to be there. If I just put in a few gallons the pad doesn't have as much weight pressing it down.

I still use a 175 for smaller jobs and bring it on the larger ones to get into the rooms where an autoscrubber isn't practical.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have a 17" autoscrubber I use on bigger areas. It works good. Scrub with the vac off and the squeegee up first. Just go at half of a walking pace. Slow down when needed. I always go along the edges and in corners with a brush whether I use a the autoscrubber or a 175. Also helps to run a squeegee around the edge to bring the slurry way from the wall when vacuuming it up.

I have to fill my tank with clean water (13 gallons) for the head pressure to be there. If I just put in a few gallons the pad doesn't have as much weight pressing it down.

I still use a 175 for smaller jobs and bring it on the larger ones to get into the rooms where an autoscrubber isn't practical.
What kind of brush?

Do you find that most dont notice that the whole floor didint get stipped?

Name
Doug B
What kind of brush?

Do you find that most dont notice that the whole floor didint get stipped?
I get the brush at HD. Yellow bristle grout brush that screws onto a pole. Works better for me than doodlebug pads. Rinse and reuse.

The whole floor gets stripped. I have a guy that has gone too fast in the past. Some residual left that you can see when it dries. Made him do it again and he goes slower now. He also liked to move the 175 too fast so I had to watch that, too.

Reactions: Mikey P

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
A good emulsifier, in stripping vct works the same as carpet cleaning. Allow the chemical to work with dwell time and it will do its job.
An auto scrubber with a strip, down pressure mold will do the job well. If you think there’s layers of finish than normal, you can use hi-pro pads that are more aggressive. I deal with high low areas that might not strip evenly with an spp on a square scrub afterwards. Yes an auto scrubber will do the job.

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Take your time and charge large. Somebody will try the 25 cent recoat and burnish to be the cheapest. Stripping properly takes a lot of time when you do the edges, around the toilets, and don't destroy base boards, clean up the cove base, and all the little finicky stuff - PROPERELY. Few are willing to pay for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom