VCT sealing (URINE contamination)

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I have to clean and seal the sub floor of a hoe that has VCT, that was covered with carpet. I usually do this on concrete, was wondering about he VCT. Any thoughts?

Thanks

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
how long do you have? is it a day job? Can you get to the boards underneath?

If just a day job and the sub floor is wood get some betco sure cure seal. then a couple coats. If you can get at the subfloor from underneath spray a good enzyme on the wood it will help and then seal or skip the seal and go straight to finish

Bucey

Name
FFA?
sorry about the lack of info. The sub flooring is concrete. Military housing. I do have a few days on this if needed. New padding, tackless strip, and carpet will be installed after completion of the sealing.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
just scrub it and get it nice and clean seal if needed. When you clean it use a stripper or Gossh from judson(if wax removal isn't an issue those will kill any smell if pad is being installed and carpet you won't have any issues

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I pretend I know what I am talking about
030.jpg

027.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I was going to use OSR. There is a lot of urine on this floor, as well as poo. this place was the worst I have seen! Always wonder how people live in this stuff?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you can but I thik your wasting your time. once you seal it its done, with no wood to worry about and if you use a stripper or gossh even if there is no wax your okay

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom