VCT

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
How much vct can you strip & clean per hr as an average? I have a 175 & powerflite wet vac with front mount squeege (haven't got to use it yet) and mop buckets.

I'm doing a job this weekend with my son and it's a 40 miles down the road. I wondering if the new wet vac will speed things up so I can get the job done in one day

Thank You

G

put down stripper, work that 175 with an extractor sucking up waste. To bare floor; about 500sqft per hour easily.

jcdsog

the wetvac will definately help you out.

be generous with the stripper and do like a 20x20 section at a time. or however much you feel comfortable with without letting the stripper dry. wetvac all the stripper up then mop and rinse with clean water a couple of times and you should be good to go.

once u get done, put down some sealer and then wax.

good luck.

Fon Johnson

Wow, so many variables! Depending on crew, equipment and conditions, you can strip anywhere from 50 sq ft to 20,000 sq ft per hour. Given your 2 man crew with a 175 and a floor vac I would say to expect about 200 to 300 sq ft per hour if you're not real experienced. If you want to get it cleaner than most would with your setup, strip it, pick it up, flood mop it, then pick that up, then rinse again with the mop wrung out. This allows you to suspend dirt and stripper slurry so you can vacuum it up. This helps to reduce the trash in the finish. This is sort of mimicking the action of rinsing with an auto scrubber.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yeah i use to re-flood the floor to help float the nasties and touch up things that were missed...

funny in all the years i have done this, i have never sat down and figured out how man sqft an hr...

stripping is the easy part...DETAIL work is the bitch and the thing that slows down production

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have a tank on the 175. I like to scrub after I pick up the stripper and lay down some netural cleaner then pick it up with the wet vac.

my old vac was a shop vac with the pos squeege that never seem to do a good job and took forever.

Thank You

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom