VCT ?

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I scrubed and striped the vct with a black pad. Then rinsed with water and applied 3 coats of unitex brillant 25. The tile shined very nice, even had that wet look. The woman in charge of the building wanted it buffed. I didn't buff it because it looked awesome. Question is, how do you buff this floor. All I have is a 175.

F

FB7777

you're going to need at least an electric burnisher with an RPM of 1200 or higher

you should be able to rent one from a local rental depot or other rental center

Perhaps even a local supply house can you let you 'try-out' a used or demo machine :mrgreen:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I always wait 48 hours after waking to burnish. I like the white pad with hogs hair. you have to be carefull sometimes it can swirl. The blue ice pad is nice to

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i use a 2000 rpm electric buffer.. i use aqua pads in the winter and champange in the summer.. idk why but it works great..

Ryan

C&S said:
i use a 2000 rpm electric buffer.. i use aqua pads in the winter and champange in the summer.. idk why but it works great..

I've never heard of that I will have to try it.

If you planning on doing a lot of vct invest in a propane burnisher! Used their not that pricey if you pick up a used one?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
you mean you didn't buff it because you don't have a buffer

take any of the above mentioned pads, except the hogs hair, and put it under your 175 and buff it, with 3 coats it probably will not look any different if you use an electric, want more shine then you will need propane machine

or put a few more coats on it to add depth and she will probably think you buffed it, a few hours cure time after the last coat is fine, 48 hours is really not necessary

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
he has a buffer, he does not have a burnisher. as mentioned above you can get results using your low speed but if you are going to be doing more vct or any other flooring that requires finishing and burnishing, you need to purchase a uhs (ultra high speed) burnisher either electric or propane. to make life easier on yourself buy an electric 1500 rpm unit to start out with. right now you should be able to find used ones on craigslist for 3 to 5 hundred dollars.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Can I use white pads under my 175 after 2 hours. And how do you price this. One price for strip and wax and one price for strip and wax and buff. The floor looked really nice when I left after 1/2 hour.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
One of the service companies called this morning.. We take care of 3 office depots. Not sure of the Sq feet. But they called and asked if we could do a scrub and recoat tonight at a different store. (other company bailed) I said umm sure she said its not as big. I said how much smaller? she said its 8,000 sq feet smaller. so it shouldnt take 4 hours hopefully. Its still alot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom