Very expensive prespray

BUSY BEE

I've been mixing CTI Exteme Clean boosted with Bridgepoint Citris Solv for the last few weeks with good results. Then came across a nasty apt where I needed an extra kick so I added Oxyblaster with the 2 mixes and the results have been great. My question: is this an expensive version of Cobb's Powerclean?

99% of the time Ultra Pac and the nike shuffle will remove all stains followed by a dry slurry rinse. OJ used whene needed. 1 gallon of ultra pac and 5 lbs slurry costing around 50 bucks will deliever over $4000.00 in sales and happy customers.

CleanEvo

lancehollister said:
99% of the time Ultra Pac and the nike shuffle will remove all stains followed by a dry slurry rinse. OJ used whene needed. 1 gallon of ultra pac and 5 lbs slurry costing around 50 bucks will deliever over $4000.00 in sales and happy customers.

Nice! That's what I use... love it!

Mikey P

Administrator
OXy Blaster is awesome on Tile. I'll give Taf that.

But to use it on CPT is a waste.

@ $64 a tub I won't be buying it again.

Cobbs or O2 will do the same if you use enough.

Besides , do you all know that prochem adds a luricant to the mix so your wands slides easier . Just be sure to always shake the bottle as the lube settles on top and always i mean ALWAYS tell people to be carefull stepping from carpet to tile whene used as they will fall. Its slick.

If the lube factor dont get you then the power factor should.

CleanEvo

I've gone for a little slip and slide many times.

But seriously, if you do use it, you gotta tell your customers to stay off the carpet. I had a customer come down the stairs after I pre-sprayed, he stepped onto his porcelain tile and landed on his ass quicker than I could scream NOOOO!! I thought I'd be talking to my insurance co, but he just laughed it off... I'm pretty sure he was quite sore for a few days.

BUSY BEE

You guys are gonna laugh, but who makes Ultra Pac and O2?

For the past 20 years, I've only used Steam Genie and CTI Pro's Choice products for carpet cleaning.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Bill, I'll have that sampleof GSR for you in a couple of days. When you come in I'll show you a few of the boosters I carry and we'll see if you like any.

BUSY BEE

packfancjh said:
Bill, I'll have that sampleof GSR for you in a couple of days. When you come in I'll show you a few of the boosters I carry and we'll see if you like any.
Right on Chris, I'll see you soon.

CleanEvo

Willy P said:
http://www.ultrachemlabs.com Give it a pop Aris- you'll love it.

I know Willy, you've mentioned it a few times.

It's not that I don't want to try it, it's just that I've tried a few different things recommended on the boards and I've always been dissapointed. When I finally went back to UltraPac, it was like going back to an old, stinky and ugly friend that you could rely on after being let down by all the sweet talking con men. When I use UltraPac and DrySlurry the carpets are clean with minimal effort and residue, and I can play with the dilution depending on the soiling. 90% of the time i'm using 50% of the recommended dilution, so even though UltraPac is expensive, it really isn't if I consider all the factors.

There is a Janitorial supply store here in Chilliwack that sells me the UCL floor finishes and the Cleaner & Conditioner (awesome stuff), if I can talk him into a sample of Clean, I'll try it.

TimP

Mixing all that up is probably expensive.

CTI extreme clean the way you mix it on the container is cheaper than ultra pac and will out clean ultrapac.

However they are right that ultra pac will take care of most stuff when it comes to residential. But at 35 bucks a gallon and 4 oz per gallon it's not cheap. Extreme clean is a 2 oz per gallon and is about 30 bucks for a tub so what makes more sense? Not to mention you can get them in buckets for even less money.

If you want to go lower on the PH scale in the CTI line go with Pro-zyme, same dilution as extreme clean. If you want a liquid I'd go with Judson O2 prespray at truckmountdirect.com 2 oz per gallon dilution and about 35 bucks a gallon which is what I use for most residential.

Also a good emulsifier rinse does help to make things easier on you.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
dirk is right last time i bought a oxyblaster tub it only cost me 39 dollars pls shipping. i love to do tile and grout cleaning mixed with a finish emulsifier it works the best.

i also carry ultrapac on the truck for my bad residental but i rinse rinse with all fiber rinse.

you guys that rinse with the slurry does the carpet resiol quickly?

TimP

dealtimeman said:
dirk is right last time i bought a oxyblaster tub it only cost me 39 dollars pls shipping. i love to do tile and grout cleaning mixed with a finish emulsifier it works the best.

i also carry ultrapac on the truck for my bad residental but i rinse rinse with all fiber rinse.

you guys that rinse with the slurry does the carpet resiol quickly?

Emulsifiers resoiling carpet is a Myth. If you follow directions on the container it wont happen. The problem is when cleaners rely on emulsifiers to clean their carpet and make cocktails to get it done. All an emulsifier does is help the rinsing process by creating wetter water.

I'm in the process of cleaning my schools that I also did last year and rinsed every bit of it with emulsifier. The schools have probably 1/3rd as much dirt in them compared to last year when they were doing them and the only spots you can see is spills. Resoil is not apparent at all. Inadequate cleaning or extraction in the first place is the cause of resoil.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
prochem adds a luricant to the mix so your wands slides easier

That's a new one to me. Who told you that one? Sounds like an over zealous salesman to me.

The separation is the solvents that rise to the top. I'm a longtime and huge fan of Ultrapac it's great stuff, but a lubricant to make your wand side better? Nah, you can just attribute that to the chem itself.

CleanEvo

MicahR said:
prochem adds a luricant to the mix so your wands slides easier

That's a new one to me. Who told you that one? Sounds like an over zealous salesman to me.

The separation is the solvents that rise to the top. I'm a longtime and huge fan of Ultrapac it's great stuff, but a lubricant to make your wand side better? Nah, you can just attribute that to the chem itself.

You've used UltraPac and you haven't noticed the carpets getting a little slick? It's like butter!

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Interlink now also sells a Ultrapak like prepray, called Megapak. They gave me a free bottle to try, far as I can tell it is looks and acts just like Ultrapak. Works great.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Sure they're slick, but Prochem adding a lubricant to make it that way?

Maybe we can get a chemist to chime in, but that sounds a little out there to me.

Surfactants are slippery I'm guessing that is probably what that is.

Fletch

CleanEvolve said:
Willy P said:
When I finally went back to UltraPac, it was like going back to an old, stinky and ugly friend that you could rely on after being let down by all the sweet talking con men.

You pegged that one! The smell is terrible, but the results are extraordinary! I've tried many of the non-butyl "wonders" and have been less that satisfied. I like Extreme Clean, but going around nuking every carpet seems unnecessary in most cases. I don't like the "feel" of residential carpet after Extreme Clean. Sometimes nuking is the best option, but rarely the sensible cure-all option for me. (Trashed carpet is an exception, but Ulta-Pac seems to do well on these if boosted too).

I now use all those Magic Wand orange terpine/peroxide "miracles" as just boosters to ultra-pac. They rarely work satisfactorily on their own for me. The Ultra-Pac carpet does not look dingy a few weeks later like the other products I have tried.

I would like to try Grease Eraser to see if it performs equally or as well as Extreme Clean without the Butyl. I don't enjoy the smell and potential health issues.

My approach is, if a cheap laundry detergent that does not fully clean your clothes, it is worthless. It is no better to use a pre-spray that does not clean well. Saving pennies to nuke everything and void warrantees, or to go cheap and have less than the best results, is crazy.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bill;

Since you inquired about our PowerMax powder,

it consists of:

1. Surfactant Blend with chelating builders

2. d-Limonene for grease cutting

3. Percarbonate for oxidizing stains (pH -10.5)

4. Oxygen-stable actual enzyme for stain removal.

Dollar-for-dollar, I think it is an exceptional product.

We also make hi-solvent liquid presprays.

Larry

tim

Prespray seems to be a personal choice. Cost of prespray is my last consideration. I can turn $5 into a couple of hundred so I want what works best for my type of soil. My experience is that Extreme Clean is higher ph than Ultrapac and does clean the nasties better. I often boost with citrus solve, oxy and Enzall (if there is alot of greasy spills or food/drink spots) or Energy (for olefin or oily deposits from dogs etc). Basic home cleaning,

I use Ultrapac or Judsons and takes care of most homes. If in doubt, I step up the prespray and take less time to accomplish a great clean. Time is money, and more important than a few cents extra for prespray. Extreme Clean is a great cleaner and the most economical heavy hitter I have found. It dissolves well, works well with boosters, smells good and works on a variety of soils.

I have never used Powermax so I cant compare but it does seem to work better for me than Ultrapac on nasties.

TimP

tim said:
Prespray seems to be a personal choice. Cost of prespray is my last consideration. I can turn $5 into a couple of hundred so I want what works best for my type of soil.

I don't happen to agree with you and the rest of your comment doesn't agree with what you're saying here. Cleaning ability is the first concern I agree with you there. But products being equal as far as cleaning ability, then RTU price makes the decision on the product being used. If a product cost less and doesn't perform then yes it doesn't make sense to buy that cheaper product. But if a cheaper product cleans just as well then it's a no brainer.

So try all the products you want and see how they perform. Then calculate your RTU cost and decide what you want to use, it's just that simple. It's called trimming the fat. I look very closely at what I'm spending to clean carpet cause over the long haul I want every penny that is possible to go to my pocket. That's how I see it. I'm in business to make money not distribute it.

tim

TimP, I think you are missing my point. Cleaning comes first...period. Then, if they perform at the SAME level, cost and dilution rate apply, but ONLY when the cleaning is equal. That is why I brought up the economical use of Extreme Clean. It is around 30 bucks and dilutes at 2 oz per 2 gallon of prespray. Some presprays also require heat to help it dissolve or become effective. Extreme Clean does not.

This is not my first rodeo and I have managed to own 3 sucessful businesses, (some going strong for over 25 years) by watching the bottom line but quality is ALWAYS my FIRST consideration. Quality of service and end product is what sets you apart from the rest. My second point was that different cleaners seem to work better under different region's soil conditions and also seems to be a personal opinion as to which cleaner to use. I was merely making my own observation, not claiming to have all the answers.

My personal experience has been that Extreme Clean cleans as well or better than anything I have tried on nasties, and is more economical, but I am not afraid to boost a cleaner regardless of the cost. If it can give me a better clean in a shorter period of time, that will be my choice because labor is the biggest cost in a service business. Why do a half-ass job when a dollar worth of cleaner will make you a hero? Why waste another 15 minutes mixing a new batch of prespray with another product or boost because the first batch didnt get the job done?

Time is money, mix the prespray right the first time, get the job done as efficiently as possible, become a hero, collect the check and referrals. Choose a prespray that works best for you after testing them side by side. If they are equal, choose the product that cost you less money. That formula equals $$$$. I think we are arguing the same point here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom