Very interesting use of a Sebo DuoBrush

Bob Foster

First, a job always goes better with a view.

View2.jpg

PV1.jpg

Scrub2.jpg

Here's something that I discovered today.

It occurred to me to see what would happen if I post-groomed with a Sebo. It works beautiful and leaves a wonderful hand and even drier than it already was.

SEBOP1.jpg

Finish.jpg

Bob Foster

Yes I CRBed with a Whittaker GLS with mild brushes. I tend to use it on almost everything but change the brushes to suit the carpet. It can be a dangerous tool with too stiff a set of brushes on it. I pushed it as far as I dared on this carpet.

-JB-

Name
JB
*Disclaimer
SEBO America does not endorse nor condone the statements made in this post. !dork!

Bob Foster

In most circumstances scrubbing a carpet should only be done with a lubricant such as a pre-spray. This carpet was still slightly damp so it had the advantage of some lubrication.

The reasoning that the Sebo DuoBrush would be appropriate for this application is because the DuoBrush's original intended use was as as tool for use on a dry carpet with their powders.

duomachine.jpg

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Bob Foster said:
And you can buy a SEBO DuoBrush from JB.

Click here http://www.sebo.us/johnburris

Maybe he'll sell you a pro vacuum too :idea:

Sorry, the $49.99 Bissell is a pos lol - I went thru 6 of them ages ago, till I discovered what a pro vac really is. It's worth the investment, just like your Judson.

Bob Foster

I might revisit this vacuum stuff. I do prefer a bagless system.

The Bissel lasts me 5 or 6 months and I usually get rid of them because I can't seem to clean the stink out of them. They definitely are cheap POS but regardless, I know they pull all kinds of stuff out that other vacuums don't.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I would think that unless you really enjoy cleaning the brushes thoroughly after each use, that you would have to only use it only for scrubbing, or only for grooming.

Bob Foster

I agree about the cleaning. All these CRBs get very dirty. I happen to own two Sebo's so I could set one up just for grooming.

The only place I use the Sebo for pre-scubbing is on the stairs and with the odd portable job. IMO it's not aggressive enough as a pre-scrubber for most broadloom.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The sebo duo is nice, I sold mine to Phillip member here.

For stairs, you can also use a makita 9227c w/ a beige fiber pad and or tuway (Rick G sells both) pad for prescrubbing stairs and upholstery. It'll do a better job than the Sebo since you have more control of it on the steps/uph. I use mine on the trashed steps/risers and some uph fabrics, than rinse with the SS uph pro.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Foster said:
It occurred to me to see what would happen if I post-groomed with a Sebo. It works beautiful and leaves a wonderful hand and even drier than it already was.

SEBOP1.jpg

Finish.jpg

am i missing sump'um???

that's not what you're calling "groomed" is it??? :shock:

..L.T.A.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
tmdry said:
The sebo duo is nice, I sold mine to Phillip member here.

For stairs, you can also use a makita 9227c w/ a beige fiber pad and or tuway (Rick G sells both) pad for prescrubbing stairs and upholstery. It'll do a better job than the Sebo since you have more control of it on the steps/uph. I use mine on the trashed steps/risers and some uph fabrics, than rinse with the SS uph pro.

For steps I use a 12" oreck. Works great. Rotates for the lip and riser and really pulls out hair.

Bob Foster

meAt said:
am i missing sump'um???

..L.T.A.

I normally don't groom my carpets and using the Sebo is actually more work than grooming them but it really fluffs them up nice. I guess my point is I am trying to take things a step farther to do an even better job than I already am.

Maybe in the end I might start to post groom if customers will really seem to appreciate it. My experience has been they actually like the wand marks. I really don't think it's simply a case that they are tolerating them.

The better the work I do, the happier my customers are which leads to more referrals making my business even more successful.

Bob Foster

Willy P brought me over a really good brush with a broom handle for agitation. It works very well on stairs too.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
meAt said:
Bob Foster said:

SEBOP1.jpg

Finish.jpg

am i missing sump'um???

..L.T.A.

No offense Bob- but I much rather see wandmarks nice and straight then that mess. If you don't groom then just leave the chevron with your wand.

If I was your customer I wouldnt like that end result no matter how clean or how fluffy and soft it is. It just doesn't look good.

Bob Foster

None taken Zalan. On the high end stuff I might just try the same process but then rake it after. Or maybe just use the Sebo with a little more uniform a stroke to make it appear better.

Remember, this was a first attempt and your opinions are appreciated.

Bob Foster

Larry, the more I look at that picture the more I agree with you. I can't leave them like that.

Good lesson learned.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Do you really feel that way, or are you letting peer pressure get to you ?

Personally I like the carpet to lay all on the same way with a brush, usually on the lighter side.

Bob Foster

Hoody said:
Do you really feel that way, or are you letting peer pressure get to you ?

Personally I like the carpet to lay all on the same way with a brush, usually on the lighter side.

No. Larry's right. I prefer a brush to a gandi groomer too.

Bob Foster

chrissalter said:
I think it looks good. maybe more uniform lines facing the door.

To make the lines look less noticeable they should be in the direction of the light. I Seboed the direction I did because I used the Whittaker the opposite way.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Foster said:
No. Larry's right. I prefer a brush to a gandi groomer too.

hell, i don't care if you groom or not, Bob.
(that's some other mOnkey bUtt's thing, not mine)

I just thought maybe I missed a pic ...cause I've never seen something like that called "groomed"

i do think it looks like hell though.
Not cause of the Sebo brush use, but cause the lines are all haphazard and inconsistent .

the biz we're in is about appearance .
Nice straight (square to the room) consistent length/size lines (whether wand marks or sebo brush) just "shows" better to the eye

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom