Video part #3 Critic needed.

This will will be on my home page. Just seen a typo this will get pulled down. New link, typo fixed.

x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdFZPsBzjuQx]

Makes me want to pull out my carpets and get wood floors "microbiological creatures in carpet"

80% of cleaners have little to no education in their field?? Did you pull that number out of your hat?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Technician is way too close to the front door, you should ring door bell, take 3 steps back, 3-4 feet is a good distance. You don't want to scare the clients. I know that was just for the close up of the IICRC badge.

Lady opens the door, looks only at tech, once tech walks inside, she stares at the camera man(even though she didn't notice him when she answered the door before).

Not too fan of the guy's voice. Sounds like the movie phone guy. Lady's voice would sound much better and more friendly.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
had the wife look at it she didn't like the “microbiological creature” said it sounded cheesy i kind of agree

other than that I like it! makes me want to call you to clean my carpets ….can you match the Stanly steamer coupon I have and do you work weekends :lol:

Shirt tucke in would make me look fatter :) Three steps back on the porch I would have been on the camera mans. The Voice is "voice of america"

No weekend work for me. Unless you have some dye #40 on a urine soaked oriental. :)

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Excellent work! I like the camera mounted on the truck and wand clips. Nice flow of information. Even though it was kinda long @ over 2 minutes, it kept my attention. Ths background music is nicely done, very subtle yet enhances the viewing experience. Great narration :mrgreen:

What software do you use for video and audio? What camera?

Newman said:
Excellent work! I like the camera mounted on the truck and wand clips. Nice flow of information. Even though it was kinda long @ over 2 minutes, it kept my attention. Ths background music is nicely done, very subtle yet enhances the viewing experience. Great narration :mrgreen:

What software do you use for video and audio? What camera?

I have no idea.

A

amazingcleansc

sweendogg said:
aweome video. How did you get tom brokaw to narrate it? :mrgreen:

ha ha! that was the smart ass thing i was going to say

The video always has the technicians back to the camera and in the last shot he has a phone earpiece in. A shot of a friendly technician could go miles

The video is done greatly, from an advertising standpoint I dont like that you describe the SAME EXACT thing almost everyone does, so if they ever had their carpets cleaned, they probably would have seen a tech use a hydroforce and then a wand. Why would they take a chance on you?

All customer sees: Van. Squirt. Suck. If it stays clean.

All the customer thinks about when they think about professional carpet cleaners. Van. Squirt. Suck.

The only thing this video demonstrates. Van. Squirt. Suck.

What if they had a tech that did something wrong in the past. Demonstrating to them the same thing (in their mind) they saw before could turn them off. Especially if the next cleaner's website is only a click away

I would get more of a pulse if I were making a video. I would show different extraction tools being used, use pictures that focus on steam, maybe even rig the house with the air cooler so you can really see the steam! (to the customer Steam=Dry). Make them FEEL the steam. Make them SMELL citrus. Show something dirty being cleaned with one stroke of a tool. Show tile and grout cleaning, maybe they've never seen that before! Show a the customers hand being dry as she feels the carpet after the technician is leaving.

From the point of explaining about the IICRC. I think if you showed a shot of all your master textile cleaners and promise that one of them is who is coming to your door to clean, (and show smiling faces, make sure everyone combs their hair and shaves) it would have a greater impact on someone

I love production value. It just focuses on how you are the same more than how you are different.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Here comes Honesty...

Yawn...kinda boring...you tried for the feel good factor a bit but I don't think you hit it.

I thought my commercial was boring. lol...I'll post it in another thread.

and it should say (if you insist on using it) "Carpet is the biggest investment you will make for your home"
Not "It's the second biggest investment you will make"
You just made it sound not as important.

Kind of a dreary commerical.
You need to have the face of the Tech
It looked like one of those undercover sting operations. lol
I'll have more once I watch it again.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Good God...no body cares about your equipment....no body

And pulling the van into the driveway is a no no.

I am laughing as I write this because I think I did the same thing in my vid...the van was in the driveway.
LMAO...I'm going to have to watch mine again and critic IT.

Brian Robison said:
Good God...no body cares about your equipment....no body

I am laughing as I write this because I think I did the same thing in my vid...the van was in the driveway.

Is your tech wearing 80's high tops in the first part of the video? :roll: Plus the no uniform is a no no in my book.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
[quote="Brian Robison":gnv1cs7y]Good God...no body cares about your equipment....no body

Is your tech wearing 80's high tops in the first part of the video? :roll: Plus the no uniform is a no no in my book.[/quote:gnv1cs7y]

LOl...I was waiting for that one.

Brian Robison said:
[quote="Mountain View Carpet Care":7lerpa42][quote="Brian Robison":7lerpa42]Good God...no body cares about your equipment....no body

Is your tech wearing 80's high tops in the first part of the video? :roll: Plus the no uniform is a no no in my book.[/quote:7lerpa42]

LOl...I was waiting for that one.[/quote:7lerpa42]

How much do you have to pay yellowpages? Monthly charge as well?

Brian Robison said:
I don't remember the charge...I will have to look it up.
It was probably around $1000.00

They charge you so much a month to? Is the video yours to Own? Can you have it where you don't have top advertise for Yellowpages?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mountain View Carpet Care said:
[quote="Brian Robison":q9xyfqim]I don't remember the charge...I will have to look it up.
It was probably around $1000.00

They charge you so much a month to? Is the video yours to Own? Can you have it where you don't have top advertise for Yellowpages?[/quote:q9xyfqim]

Yes, I own it. I can put it anywhere.
It's a little outdated now..I need to do another.
I got the info of the nice lady who did the work...I will contact here directly next time for a better deal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom