Video......WTF??

Bob Foster

So Frank. Not to put you on the spot but why don't you list what you think is wrong with what he did. You have one year in the business and I bet you know about 5 years worth of information if you been paying attention while you've been hanging around here.

No pressure - but let's see what you have learned. I'm sure people will help you out.

lesterj2

that is ridiculous and i aint talking about the carpet...
i wouldnt havent even uploaded that crap of me degrading my companies name...
im not talking down on anybodys work but damm that is ridiculous...

lesterj2

well to me 1st off he's wetting the carpet to much... never did i see a dry pass to remove some of the muddy water, LOL...
just kept packing it on top of each other... and then i wouldnt have brought that muddy water onto my custys floor..
thats just what i can tell from the 60 second clip...

how about you do the schoolin' tonight Bob... :wink:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Well, my 1 year in business is actually a year I spent, a couple of years ago, working for a hack that used only Simple Green and a shopvac setup with a hose hooked to the sink. I currently do not own 1 piece of carpet cleaning equipment, but will be setting up a van in about a month, and have spent the last 6 months trying to learn as much as I could. As far as this guy:
His pressure looks too high, looks like he is also using too much detergent, you could almost see it foaming behind the wand as he strokes.
His wand stroke is too fast, and inconsistent.
Carpet in that condition should get a good prespray, dwell time, a 175 scrubbing before extraction.
I love the way he shoots solution right down through the gap between the linoleum and carpet.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
At least wear some clean shoes for crying out loud. If ya can't clean the carpets at least look proffesional. 8) :lol:

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Bob Foster said:
So Frank. Not to put you on the spot but why don't you list what you think is wrong with what he did. You have one year in the business and I bet you know about 5 years worth of information if you been paying attention while you've been hanging around here.

No pressure - but let's see what you have learned. I'm sure people will help you out.

I'll answer: He's not using a Powerhead w/ CTS-450...bubbles do the trick!

Ok here is a list of what I see wrong.

1. The carpet looks like it wasn't vacuumed.
2. Possibly no pre-spray was used. Just detergent.
3. The carpet was not scrubed and that carpet needs a good pre-scrub
4. The jets are badly worn and that is the most pos wand I have seen in a while. A cut pile carpet should never streak.
5. A cleaner should work their way out of a room.
6. 1.5 inch whip hose
7. No speaka Engles.

Bob Foster

You taking notes Frank? Listen to the advice here. It's all good.

Blue carpet as you read in the remark can be very unforgiving. So can pink carpets.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Always taking notes. Best no BS advice on the net.
I did forget to mention the pre-vacuum.
I think i will need a little more wand time to experience worn jets and unforgiving blue carpets, thanks Bob.

gary mackay

Turd World Carpet Care, they specialize in "basic carpet cleaning", preconditioner, spot treatment, & a TJ hotel room till it dries are extra!

tim

lets add no aggitation, no glide, no chop strokes to get it clean, no heat
CHAD- poor chemicals, no heat, no aggitation, no dwell time, no good

Lefty724

Name
E
danielc said:
Ok here is a list of what I see wrong.

1. The carpet looks like it wasn't vacuumed.
2. Possibly no pre-spray was used. Just detergent.
3. The carpet was not scrubed and that carpet needs a good pre-scrub
4. The jets are badly worn and that is the most pos wand I have seen in a while. A cut pile carpet should never streak.
5. A cleaner should work their way out of a room.
6. 1.5 inch whip hose
7. No speaka Engles.

LOL, spit my beer all over my laptop!!!

B

Bill G. Martin

Has California become a a Third World Country ?? They sure do stuff different there.

Bob Foster

Essentially what you saw could not have been done more wrong than it was from about every angle you could think of in the business.

1. Should never have made a video that did not put him and his services in the best possible light
2. He obviously had poor equipment probably because he didn't know any better
3. I guarantee he has never taken any educational programs because if he did he wouldn't have done step two.

Forget about the carpet and what he did and didn't do to it.

The first thing you do in this industry is get educated and do a ride along with a reputable pro.

i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cX12YXs7rki]

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I never rode along with anyone and feel I do the best job have the best price and have the best equipment possible Foster

Bob Foster

So you never did a ride along. But I bet if you could have in the first weeks or days of your business you likely would have because your curiousity and sense of value would have lead you to accept one.

But you also realize the value of educating yourself and the value of doing a good job. This place is one big ride along.

When I started I had no experience in this industry so I worked for two weeks with the guy I bought my first truck from. Then I had the good sense to start my never ending education process that included 5 IICRC courses and sought out the boards. IICRC education teaches the basics and the rest is up to one's own quest for knowledge and professionalism. This place is a great resource for that process.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have a few more classes behind me than you and that don't me squat. Odin actually called me a hack for doing what I was doing in carpet repair the otherday, so that says alot about the IICRC. the learning curve may be adjusted slightly but it depends on the person and what they want to achieve. I speak to guys all the time on the board who want to average $100 an hr and I ask how many jobs you got today 1 $175 and I can do it in an hr and half? What is the rush if it is your only job. I averaged over $800 a day this week(because of restretches and clean) on immediate pays and have some on invoices that may bring it to $875 when I calculate everything. I don't vacum like werner, first off he does it wrong, there is no additional agitation for pet hair etc when you slowly go over a carpet you got to bring it back and forth.
Hate to tell the vacuum guru he has the technique wrong he could save himslef time with a good forward and pullback with a pile lifter then vacuum and prescrub with a real machine

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Matt Murdock said:
I have a few more classes behind me than you and that don't me squat. Odin actually called me a hack for doing what I was doing in carpet repair the otherday, so that says alot about the IICRC. the learning curve may be adjusted slightly but it depends on the person and what they want to achieve. I speak to guys all the time on the board who want to average $100 an hr and I ask how many jobs you got today 1 $175 and I can do it in an hr and half? What is the rush if it is your only job. I averaged over $800 a day this week(because of restretches and clean) on immediate pays and have some on invoices that may bring it to $875 when I calculate everything. I don't vacum like werner, first off he does it wrong, there is no additional agitation for pet hair etc when you slowly go over a carpet you got to bring it back and forth.
Hate to tell the vacuum guru he has the technique wrong he could save himslef time with a good forward and pullback with a pile lifter then vacuum and prescrub with a real machine

I'd be willing to bet that if we took two loaded nylon rugs equally soiled and let Werner Vac One with his vac and you show your supposedly superior technique, I would drop less soil out of Werner's carpet than yours with a Badger.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you are probably correct and I shouldn't have said he does it wrong. I should have said in my opinion. I can guarantee you this sweendog, no one gets carpets cleaner than I do as often as I do. I know I am the best out there

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
FREAKIN ILLEGALS!

FIND OUT WHERE THEY ARE AND REPORT THEM SO THEY CAN BE DEPORTED!

G

Walrus said:
FREAKIN ILLEGALS!

FIND OUT WHERE THEY ARE AND REPORT THEM SO THEY CAN BE DEPORTED!

We take them out in the Swamp down here at night and use them for Gator Bait!! To hell with deporting them; I wanna keep 'em here' as gator turds!!

P.S. All above good advice; Newbs should take a few classes; However stupid you are you can learn something from them even if you don't wanna get certified.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Matt Murdock said:
you are probably correct and I shouldn't have said he does it wrong. I should have said in my opinion. I can guarantee you this sweendog, no one gets carpets cleaner than I do as often as I do. I know I am the best out there

If you determine the pile of the carpet, you can let the vac brush do the work for you rather than kill yourself moving it back and forth so many times. UNless, its a really thick carpet then a very short chopping stroke brings up more.

I never claim to be the best, I just out work the best. :D

G

I wonder what the linoleum floor, where had that puddle, looked like after it dried.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom