Video......WTF??

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
well after thinking I may be wrong I tested it myself, not scientific just what drew more and looked better and my method won. Walk real slow behind your vac with no pullback and you will draw less. You are going to need additional agitation the manufacturers may be lying when they suggest how to vacuum but I digress. sweendog may be on to something, it is much easier bringing a decent vac and slowly walking through it but I would be more than happy challenging sweedog or ron to a vac off on technique and cleaning.

TimP

All I can say is why the hell would you pull that crap off of the carpet.

It seems to me if you use the wand shown in this video you gotta be a hack, no way around it.

Those who use a greenhorn or the like are educated and know how to clean carpet. That's what it all comes down to.

Like Crowley I took my IICRC courses before getting into the biz and never did a ride a long. And I don't think Rex would of been too keen on letting me ride with him anyway, I suppose I could of found someone. I have quite a few patches now but they don't mean nothing when it comes to cleaning, it just should be the first stepping stone for someone new to the biz. I know a hell of a lot more than after taking the classes now. In fact I would of done things a lot differently knowing what i know now. I just recently got into VCT stripping and waxing and I had no where to really turn to get started with no experience with doing the work other than the IICRC. But after going to the class I can make a purty floor. But I never did experiment on a customers floor I always practice first before saying I can do the work too, and that makes a difference. Although you still constantly improve and learn as you go.

Anyways I don't agree with anyone saying their the best, I just try to do my best but I know there probably is always someone out there who is better than me.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Matt Murdock said:
well after thinking I may be wrong I tested it myself, not scientific just what drew more and looked better and my method won. Walk real slow behind your vac with no pullback and you will draw less. You are going to need additional agitation the manufacturers may be lying when they suggest how to vacuum but I digress. sweendog may be on to something, it is much easier bringing a decent vac and slowly walking through it but I would be more than happy challenging sweedog or ron to a vac off on technique and cleaning.

Hmm.. guess I should have read farther down.. :oops: I agree that Ron might be able to vacuum quicker if he pile lifted ahead of his vacuuming to dig crap out. MY error!! (I do the same thing when I know a carpet is completely impacted with dry soil: Pile lift than vacuum. well Dry CRB machine and then vac. )

Understanding both sides now I'd say I'd badger equal amounts out if you two had a clean off. Ron may still have an upper hand if Time was not a consideration. But realisticly you still have to factor time vs results. And though I still error on the side of results. I know I can't charge enough in our area to keep the cleaning division alfoat. People respond well to 0.35 to 0.40 cents a foot in our area and our small time to dabble with 0.55/sqft was not recieved well.

Yet your clean off idea sounds kinda of fun. A new MikeyFest event. The 2010 Cleanoffs.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
San Bernardino, where this guy is located is abgout half an hour away from me.

My husband Mike has only cleaned one carpet, ours. and he noticed the streaking and lack of dry passing right away, he then said, "isn't that too much detergent? it's foaming!" I said "that's what we call a hack Dear."

Take care,
Lisa

duckster

Matt Murdock said:
you are probably correct and I shouldn't have said he does it wrong. I should have said in my opinion. I can guarantee you this sweendog, no one gets carpets cleaner than I do as often as I do. I know I am the best out there

Better yet, ready made organ donors.

Back
Top Bottom