Vietnamese Wand Review.

Mikey P

Administrator
I got one of Tony's wands in the mail today.

aw29.jpg

I'll never use it so I'll bring it to MF5 to give away to some BDCC.

Now I can only hope that Tony offers better designs then the one he sent me. While this one is made well enough, it is a horrible out dated design (AW29) that only a extreme rookie would use because he (or she, and she could be a person of color so don't try and pigeon hole me here) doesn't know any better.

So why bother to knock it off?

Tony spend your time creating a new design with the help of the group here. If you can't pull that off at least copy good wands like the CMP14"/Greenhorn, the PC Ti or Quad or even the Westpak 14".

I just dont see much of a future in selling crap for very little profit.

Even it it is well made crap at that.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Mikey, that just happens to be the wand sold with just about EVERY TM and POTTY in New Zealand.

Doesn't matter if they bought a Ninja potty or a HM427, they all seem to go out the door with 1.5 whimp hoses and the (un)trusty AW29.

My dad just picked up a 2000 CDS 4.7 in a Hiace, the ONLY CDS sold into NZ and it came with two AW29's that are extremely well worn for hours of use.

I can't get it, guys spend big dollors to buy these good sized TM's and accept what the salesperson tells them and run the whimp hoses and an AW29.

Oh well, I'll stay with my Greenhorn thanks.

John

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I like the AW29. There, I said it.

I never use it, but I do like it. It's so damn light, I fly with it.

Chris A

Name
Chris
buying a knock off wand seems rediculous, you only have to buy one every 10 years! Tops! Get off yer wallet and buy something nice.

Greenie

The longer I know Dirk, the more I understand his inner hackishness...I miss Curt.

ps: that was a short review.

Allow me to ask a few Qs:

Does it have the cheap $19 kingston valve that pops at 500psi and is responsible for 3/4 of the carpel tunnel syndrome in the biz?
Is the Forward assist handle weak and flimsy when you lean on it, are the bolts bottomed out from trying desperately to tighten it?
Is the vinyl sleeve slipping back and forth from the heat when you extract with high flow?
Are all the threaded fittings American standard, or are the threads "a bit off", and difficult to screw replacement pieces and jet assemblies into?
Do the Jets have a half mile of teflon tape on them because of the above?
While we are on jets, does the jet body actually screw all the way into the socket or does it bottom out against the stainless solution line that is welded to (and through the socket) so it protrudes and the jet body hits it before it's fully seated in the threads?
Is the Male QuickConnect interchangeable with industry standard Hansens, Fosters, and Parker? Or is it "off" just a little bit to hang up and be a PITA?
Does it come with an inline filter at the valve?
Are they uniform enough at the wand lips that the same glide will fit 10 wands, or are there discreptancies that allow air leaks?

Did Mikey actually clean with this tool?

Name
I'm Rick James
Greenie said:
The longer I know Dirk, the more I understand his inner hackishness...I miss Curt.

ps: that was a short review.

Allow me to ask a few Qs:

Does it have the cheap $19 kingston valve that pops at 500psi and is responsible for 3/4 of the carpel tunnel syndrome in the biz?
Is the Forward assist handle weak and flimsy when you lean on it, are the bolts bottomed out from trying desperately to tighten it?
Is the vinyl sleeve slipping back and forth from the heat when you extract with high flow?
Are all the threaded fittings American standard, or are the threads "a bit off", and difficult to screw replacement pieces and jet assemblies into?
While we are on jets, does the jet body actually screw all the way into the socket or does it bottom out against the stainless solution line that is welded to (and through the socket) so it protrudes and the jet body hits it before it's fully seated in the threads?
Is the Male QuickConnect interchangeable with industry standard Hansens, Fosters, and Parker? Or is it "off" just a little bit to hang up and be a PITA?
Are they uniform enough at the wand lips that the same glide will fit 10 wands, or are there discreptancies that allow air leaks?

I just got the same one today I'll let you know. So far its better than my Hydra Hoe.

Mikey P

Administrator

Like you need to ask.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what's Lester using now?

the AW29 isn't a bad wand.
No it's not a hi-tech top of the line wand, and needs to be limited to pressures at or below 350psi, but it cleans well with 06 jetting.
and if your TM is maximized for suck and air flow, it will give very respectable dry times.
It's also a light nimble short wand

..L.T.A.

Farenheit251

I had a couple good AW 29s that came with my Century 400 TM. Bought a knock off AW29 from Namco for $129. Came with an 02 on one side and an 03 on the other. Fixed that and used less than a month before the weld that held the jet broke loose.
A wand is where you get the most bang for buck performance wise. A fraction of the price of a bigger TM.
If I need a tool for that would be nice for occasional use I might buy from Harbor Freight,but if it is something I use alot I'll buy quality

Chris A

Name
Chris
Mikey P said:
I'm really beginning to doubt your judgment on just about anything other then gay rock stars.

SNORT! <coffee spewing on laptop> :lol:

Greenie

Mikey P said:
I'm really beginning to doubt your judgment on just about anything other then gay rock stars.

I'm with Mike, the more I know MeAt I think he should fish more and watch the Genies clean less, I seriously doubt he was every a US union worker.

And Lester already has the Viet wand.

And (Brent) The Green One has the step up, the 14" 4 jet, it's not the same animal, Although I must say I was impressed the Viet wand guy actually came through with his offer.

Mikey P

Administrator
The jet "cans/holders" what ever you call them, on this wand will fall off within the first year. Two tiny tack welds.

If I came with a Glide I would give it a shot.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I'm still wondering how many business names this guy is going to go through. He's on what like 7 or 8 by now?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I'm holding my Tongue. I am more then a little pissed at what tony is pulling. I hate stocking shit then having people cutt me off at the knees. Not that I am stocking alot of his stuff (I do not buy the aw29 knock offs I still and will always buy them from Theresa at CMP) but holy shit to come on here and offer them up cheap andto go on ebay and sell them at dist cost WTF.

Hey Mikey doesn't this all fall under the code of ethics (whatever ethics there might be)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie said:
Mikey P said:
, I seriously doubt he was every a US union worker.

Actually I've been a member of 2 different unions
UAW at Chrysler
and two different Teamsters locals.

One local Teamster union SUCKED..completely worthless
The other T-local was pretty decent

The UAW ROCKED!
you could be the biggest alcohol/drug abuser in the world and not loose your job.
You could be the laziest azz in the world and tell your boss to go pound sand, and not get fired

I heard for years how our engineering and manufacturing was second to none and we had nothing to fear from "cheap crappy imports"
All the while thru the '70s and '80s we were pounding out JUNK and getting clobbered by the Japanese in every way.

as far as the AW29 and 29 knock offs, I've seen good and bad ones.. they're not all created equal
As far as cleaning ability, they not a bad wand at all when compared to similar priced 1.5" tubed wands and actually clean pretty well

but, I'm not a CCing gUru, like you....

..L.T.A.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I didn't know Tony was also Vietnamese :?:

:idea: Was this in between South Africa & Canada :?:

Confused down under :?

Ooroo,

:roll:

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The Green One said:
I just got the same one today I'll let you know. So far its better than my Hydra Hoe.

You POS, The Hydra Hoes rock, in 1.5 and 2" LOL

Name
I'm Rick James
Doug Cox said:
[quote="The Green One":36klyic5] I just got the same one today I'll let you know. So far its better than my Hydra Hoe.

You POS, The Hydra Hoes rock, in 1.5 and 2" LOL[/quote:36klyic5]

I will sell it to you. Since you think "it rocks".

Mikey P

Administrator
I made a few short videos of the wand today.

But after learning that Tony is underselling his suppliers here it is time for him to go.

Liars, cheats.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom