Vinyl plank

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Installing vinyl plank in my office. God, I hate angles. Why can't they make rooms square? There goes the rest of my day

IMG_20190113_152826.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: LCCFL and Fat Mike

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
looks like carpet was down before

are you finishing with 1/4 round.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
looks like carpet was down before

are you finishing with 1/4 round.
There was carpet there before. Probably going to finish with 1/4 round. See how when it looks when I'm done. Got the vinyl at a store closing sale. Starting to realize why it was so cheap. The click system looks pretty Mickey mouse.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I’ve been out of flooring for over a decade now. I didn’t realize that click vinyl was available. In my day it was only in plastic laminate.
I have a really nice sample from home Depot. It really does click together nicely. If I was smart, I would have bought that product but I'm a carpet cleaner so I bought something cheaper and am going to spend the next 2 days putting it together.

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
still is, and/or some kind of pressed/glued wood/paper
some of it good, some crap

you have to don't you?
isn't that a floating floor that needs a 1/4" space at walls?

..L.T.A.
Yeah, it's a floating floor. I am trying to just stuff it under the existing baseboards but will probably have to put down 1/4 round anyway.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
im Installing a nice lvt tomorrow, did one last week also.

easy installation, angles are easy i get crazy cuts sometimes in mobiles

no glue necessary. some areas people want glued down and you can with a wetset

this floor has an attached backing. really dont need a poly film underneath but its what was sold

Reactions: Cleanworks

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Did my kitchen with a "cheap" click lock.... it going on 9 yrs and very few "bubbles" But then I have threatened the family with their lives if they dont clean shit up... 3 months into 2 dogs and still decent shape...Dirty as hell.. but still looks good, no scratches

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
No, I was using an old rug scrap. That's what comes of doing it your self. Frustrating trying to keep it all locked together as you're working on it.

did you buy a dead blow hammer and tapping block? shouldn't come apart on you. even the cheap ones lock pretty good. unless its that super flimsy lvt that you can easily fold in half

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom