Vinyl siding cleaning

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
What is the best product to clean white vinyl siding with green and black mold and some thing that looks like liken on it.

scotty747

I do alot of this type of work and usually heat will do just fine. If you want to prespray it bleach and sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide will loosen it up pretty good. I have a huge diesel power washer but in a pinch i have used my truckmount to finish a job but its slow because of the low volume.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Chems will loosen most of it up with a good scrub brush, but a pressure washer will "Peel" it right off vinyl siding pretty easily..

2011-05-03_11-10-36_288.jpg

2011-05-03_11-11-22_952.jpg

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Alfalfa said:
What size unit did you use on it, how many btu's?

My unit is 4 gallons per minute, up to 4000 psi. It's on the smaller end of commercial units, but gets most of my jobs completed in decent time. It's the GPM volume that makes a big difference over smaller units. I used cold water on this job, and probably around 1500 psi. If the vinyl siding is in nice condition, it really comes off easy. If your cleaning higher than your shoulders, an extension pole with a 90 degree adapter will keep you from forcing the water under the siding, as you can come at it from a downward angle.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do you have to worry about recovery there or can it just land on the ground?

Cold water did the job on that one! That volume sure makes a difference.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Alfalfa said:
Do you have to worry about recovery there or can it just land on the ground?

No recovery needed in NYC except for graffiti removal, and enforcement on that is limited to city contractors only.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom