VLM OP EXPERTS NEED ADVICE WITH ORBITEC CX20 OP MACHINE PLEASE HELP ENLIGHTEN ME

Uncle Billy

Name
R Antonelli
Masters of the Carpets,
Could some of your Masters of VLM please give me there opinion on the history and experience if you own one. Is this an A list machine or just another OP machine that's average

To my knowledge its an Orbitec CX20? Now are Orbitec & CCS Machines related I hear all the time that the Trinity is one of the most desired because of the builder and design of the machines. I have the opportunity to buy this machine at a i THINK a fair price, it was used on 3 jobs I have seen it it looks like new. If someone that knows the facts could give me the solid details and if this is a good machine I would appreciate.

I want to get a feel if this machine is a good investment for RESIDENTIAL CARPET the machines is like new with verified little use, cost about is $1700 shipped.

I know everyone has there favorites I hope this dosen't turn into a Ford vs Chevy discussion. My biggest concern is how does is compare to the rest of the OP Machines on the market?? Being a newer company I would be doing more residential to start. Whats your recommendation?

The most important question where does it fall in the line of OP Machines when it comes to Orbot, Trinity, CCS, ect.... I really want to know if it has the same orbital motion as the King of The Hill Trinity CM??

Not that it makes a big deal but I have taken my IICRC CCT and passed.....

Thank You Very Very Much!!
Robb

View attachment 2955

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Ive had the 17 inch version for 5-6 years. Very durable and capable.

But VLM is not a stand-alone system, especially for residential. Buy a truck-mount first.

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mine sits in my garage and I just can't find a use for it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
CCS is a better KNOWN mfg. due to John's constant bulletin board presence. Orbitec is lessor known because of Clark's subdued personality. I have owned machines from both companies. I currently own and regularly use an Orbitec machine (ONLY ON COMMERCIAL CARPETS!!!) and love it. Basically, you can't go wrong with either company.

You'll just pay way more money, unnecessarily, with one of them.

hogjowl

Idiot™
CCS is a better KNOWN mfg. due to John's constant bulletin board presence. Orbitec is lessor known because of Clark's subdued personality. I have owned machines from both companies. I currently own and regularly use an Orbitec machine (ONLY ON COMMERCIAL CARPETS!!!) and love it. Basically, you can't go wrong with either company.

You'll just pay way more money, unnecessarily, with one of them.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's going to work well, will do anything you need it to do. It's just not as pretty as the newer units but there are many of those units still used in the field everyday.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Johnny are you a product of the kalifornica school system?

WTF does "PROLLY" mean?

Did you mean TROLLY?

Or BY GOLLY?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Uncle Billy

Name
R Antonelli
I have a Prowler 13 also and I thinking of adding a Strong CRB to my line up

Ive had the 17 inch version for 5-6 years. Very durable and capable.

But VLM is not a stand-alone system, especially for residential. Buy a truck-mount first.

Uncle Billy

Name
R Antonelli
ORECK WITH BIG WHEEL KIT

Use the search feature and you'll find a lot of info here on both machines.

Can I ask how do you guys feel about the Oreck LB9000 with the Big Wheel Kit?

Could the people that have posted please list there preferred method of CC on residential. If its not preferred what method do you usually use and what works the best?

I am really interested in what people are using? or what there favorite method is

Thanks Again
Robb

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
For residential we will HWE (rotary powerhead in traffic areas) unless low moisture is requested. Just the opposite for commercial we use low moisture unless HWE is requested.

Scott Rogers

Can I ask how do you guys feel about the Oreck LB9000 with the Big Wheel Kit?

Could the people that have posted please list there preferred method of CC on residential. If its not preferred what method do you usually use and what works the best?

I am really interested in what people are using? or what there favorite method is

Thanks Again
Robb

There is only one Universally accepted cleaning method approved by all Major Carpet manufactures period!!! Hot water extraction.

That said specialty methods. Op, swing machine Bonnets, CBMs, Dry Compound, Dry Foam, ect. have their place in certain situations. whether combined with HWE or used for a particular circumstance.

But HWE is the king and most thorough method!!

Reactions: hogjowl

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Jimmy won't let go of his machine, cuz despite his disparagement of VLM over the years, he's a closet encapper.

(Jimmy: cuz=because.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Doh... Those items are both supposed to be disabled. Mainly because of supply issues with both and qualty issues out of one. That said, in my business I mostly ran Snake Skins becasuse they were less expensive (both in terms of cost per use and cost per towel), more agressive and dollar for dollar a marginally better value. That said, over all athe gladiators were a better towel for residential work, and they did out last the Snake Skins.

The main reason I SWITCHED to Snake Skins, however, was that there were some "batch to batch" issues witht the Gladiator Pads & prolonged periods of unavailability. They're a great towel, if you're into a good batch. Not so much when your in a batch of "Russian Roulettes" and sometimes you couldn't get either... The Snake Skins were just more consisitent and always on tap... Like McDonalds, they may not be the best burger in town but at least you know what you're getting, how much you're paying and the expectation is always met. They did the job especially on commercial and did it economically.

After a time though, my supplier for the Snake Skin pads got to be a tad flaky, so the item was removed from the site (or at least I thought so)... I'll correct my oversight shortly. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

In the mean time these are what I was transitioning to when I sold my company: http://encapstore.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=230

I have had nothing but good reviews and I can tell you that, personally, they saved me a lot of effort, time and labor cost. The pad life is great too... Especially if you have them stiched with 3 or 4 over-lapping circles to help compensate for the side shear of an OP machine. And they last practically forever under a rotary... Unfortunately, the manufacturer won't do the stitching I want for me unless I order 3k pads... I just dont have the scratch to make that order just yet. Maybe we'll all get lucky and JonDon or the Hanks Bros. will steal "MY" innovation & drop ship for me... LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yes I admit I am a closet "Shampooer"

In the morning when I get up I look into the mirror...............and I apply my ruby red lipstick.............and then I think of more people to put on my DEAD POOL list.

And if any of you punk asses want to talk to me just call me......1 402 289 2895

And please excuse my lisp..............you see I am a hairlip.

And Marty I just have to DISAGREE wit chu.

LOOZERS ALL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shane Deubell

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I called that number and some guy started cussing and yelled at you and then me for calling and then he hung up on me.

What was that some hate hotline? :eekk:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yes I admit I am a closet "Shampooer"

In the morning when I get up I look into the mirror...............and I apply my ruby red lipstick.............and then I think of more people to put on my DEAD POOL list.

!

You should come up with a top 25....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And who ever calls make sure I get your name down on my DEAD POOL list.

Sorry mARtY......................LOVE!

NOT HATE!

GO TIDE!

DOWN WITH A&M!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom