VLMrs and Porty guys, I want to see your vans!

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Bike Porty.PNG

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I have a little Sebo crb and a 175 when I need more aggression. It gets the grunge out quite well

I found the Sebo's to be too light to be effective enough at a mere 11 pounds.

90+lbs on a 175 is too heavy for everyday use especially when going remote.

Oreck machine at 35lbs is just right for 90% of what you come across, and offers the additional versatility of also encapping, pad-capping, post-padding, stair work and much more, in addition to scrubbing with pads/brushes.

Guaranteed your Sebo and 175 won't see too much more action once your all smitten for an Oreck.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Not often I use the 175, but ol' Rusty, my 15 incher is the oldest most reliable machine I've ever owned. I'm gonna look at the Oreck though.
Geez Mikey - come to Canada and get a brand new Dodge Caravan for $15421.10 usd. Why they charge 22k down below the 49th with our buck only 77 cents is beyond me.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Pick-up trucks with covers work just fine for VLM. Get crates for chemicals, buckets for storage of towels, etc. We have a Chevy Colorado, F150 and Ford Ranger. Each has its own tasks.

IE: Colorado / F150 handle Carpet/Upholstery/Rug/Tile/Drape jobs - Jobs of 4-5 rooms or more.
Ranger handles apartments 2-3 rooms.

All 3 handle large commercial jobs together, 6,000sq. ft. of carpet or more.

commercialtruck.jpg

commercialtruck2.jpg

commercialtruck3.jpg

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Just a short comment on the issue of "room" in a van; in other words, do we require larger space to carry all our tools.

Zee, above, has a list of items which logically demands a Storage Facility; or perhaps an isle in Wal-Mart!

I like Desk Jockeys van. Why? Because as successful business people, it should be our place to be as efficient on a daily basis as we possibly can. That may mean proper scheduling on what items will be used that day. For example, does a Carpenter bring all his 20 hammers+ and 10 saws to every job? Does a Building Contractor haul all his dump trucks, back hoes, steam shovel's, etc to every job when he only has to build a simple deck?

Smaller vans; better organization; better planning means a much lower expense and more money in your pocket.

Smarter too.

Just my opinion, Gentlemen.
Ed Valentine
cross-American corp.

Reactions: Mikey P

rick imby

Name
Rick
Wow Art, I didn't realize you had a short narrow box. I can understand using that only when the Van is being worked on. Getting it done with just exactly what you need to have with you and nothing more.

Mikey P

Administrator
Dang Willy that Caravan has more cargo space and HP than the new Ram, Transit or Nissan

I see some low mileage used vans for $15kish

rick imby

Name
Rick
I have a caravan and my son has a suburban. We argued over who had more storage---Suburban 140 Caravan 166. It isn't even close.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Dang Willy that Caravan has more cargo space and HP than the new Ram, Transit or Nissan

Passenger vehicles can often lack the cargo HEIGHT found on commercial vans, and can be a big factor in equipment layout and storage, so be sure to consider it.

Rotary machines handles may not be able to remain upright, and your OG Ninja will most likely have to lay on it's back.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
great thread, lotsa good ideas. just saw this thread...i posted inside van pic's in another thread, so sorry that i'm double posting them.

20150603_162531.jpe
20150603_162437.jpe
20150603_162447.jpe
20150603_162458.jpe

Reactions: Pmatte

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Hacks? Nope. Wiser people realizeing they don't need to send money to Saudi Arabia to have a vibrant and successful business. But there's always those lost in the dark ages.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'd guess that being almost totally commercial he just uses the Cimex or the Orbot to scrub or pad.

We rarely use a 175, we have an assortment of them but either one of the above machines can takes it place on commercial work.

rick imby

Name
Rick
I am surprised Derek isn't still dragging around his favorite old Challenger?

Derek---+Master of the Dark Side.

Desk Jockey---Master Hack for both the Dark Side and Wet ones I mean HWE....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom