Vortex box heater

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I finished installing the coolant heater in the Vortex yesterday. I installed it with a thermostat and remote temp probe to get the heat where I needed it.
DSC_0555.jpg
DSC_0557.jpg

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Ron

Is that the heater from FMI? Does it have a fan?

please let me know how well it works, I am considering purchase one

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I bought the heater kit from Blueline. The heater has 2 fans, keeps the box nice and warm. Call Chuck Cushman he can send you everything you need to install it. :wink:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i bet ummmm yea one of those cataloug places has them cheaper....

like jcwhitney.com

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Anthony, I don't notice any drop in water temp. Any heat I would loss with the coolant would be made up by the exhaust heat exchange.

Greenie

Ron,
At what point in the coolant system does the heater come into play, before liquid HX or after?

Doug too funny.... not everyone wants it cheaper, some want support and additional service with their purchase.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Jeff, The heater is plumbed in right after the coolant exits the s/s coil in the bottom of the fresh water tank. It pulls the water through the heater then returns it to the loop, to the liquid heat exchange. I will probably have both the Vortex's at Winterfest, you can get a better look at the heaters then.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Greenie said:
Ron,
At what point in the coolant system does the heater come into play, before liquid HX or after?

Doug too funny.... not everyone wants it cheaper, some want support and additional service with their purchase.

Bah.....these things hook up just like the one in my 86 chev suburban....an IN and an OUT with a red wire for power and a black wire for ground....

yea but i want it easier....

that picture looked like a cluster to me..

now i need to get off my arse and put one in my self.. :shock:

Greenie

So what is worse, knowing how and sitting on your arse or paying someone 2X what it is worth and getting it done?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom