Vortex colonoscopy.

Mikey P

Administrator
After 4 years It developed a fresh tank drip.

See the crack?

I can't either, but its there

vortex005.jpg

Both my baffle walls fell over in the first year on my Aero Tech built tank. I had a local welder re tack them in. the sides worked loose but the top and bottom welds are holding. AT had nothing on the bottom holding the walls down. :shock:
vortex003.jpg

vortex004.jpg

HX pipe from the radiator

vortex002.jpg

Redoing the lid gasket while I'm in there.

vortex007.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
I had Nordik1 install that HX pipe Vince.

You can read more about Nordick1 in the mini hot seat currently going on in the Clean ®oom.

G

You know it was only a matter of time,why do you think I been razzing that Vortex inventing mogul in the past.

Walt

How many times have your replaced the float? I had to do mine 3 times. The first 3 (including the original) melted and sagged over time. Replaced it with a copper one- much better.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/pr ... =Floats%2C

might be le$$ to contact Olson and see what he gets for the brass(?) float ball used in your PM water box.
I know they're not cheap, It's been so long since I bought one, but think they were close to $70

Those cheap seamed copper ones don't hold up well from my experience

the valve in the V tank is a Roberts float valve?????

looks like these??

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/pr ... =Valves%2C

I wonder why the valves don't hold up well for you V dudes?
Maybe too much water sloshing around in the large tank??

They're pretty well bullet proof when used in small water boxes (3-4 gallon)

..L.T.A.

Walt

The brass one I got was much faster to fill as well. It's larger than the standard toilet sized one - but looks very similar. Zero plastic except for the float.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
AT has a SS toilet tank float, which is what I have. Attaches at the top of the tank through a hole. Simple yet effective - as long as you are on even pavement!! Just so happens that is all we got around here!!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
there are 4 bolts that hold a plate on the port hole and the float attaches to it.....Just unscrew the plate and the whole assembly pulls out.......Big difference is when yours breaks in the square tank it is easy to get ..when it breaks in the round tank....forget it....that port hole is the only access into the entire tank and it is only about 6 inches round.......

100_3406.jpg

the broken one is the old one out of my square tank and the new one is the AT float.....
The AT float broke about 2 weeks after I put the new tank in.......

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Jim, what broke on it? Not a whole lot to break on that thing.

By the way, your photo library must be on a 100g hard drive. You have pics for everything, and most often they come in handy.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
they snap off at the brass...where the plunger is..I have just learned to fill it with out one...One of these days I will fix it and not have to worry any more about it..probably use a pressure switch....or a magnetic float switch...

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have no float. That particular float was found in pieces in the bottom of my tank. I now have a brass one, just like the one Jim showed, but I have not put it in yet.

Greenie

Geez...a baffle or two around the float area would shield the float from all of that sloshing, it's obviously killing the float levers (after they degrade a bit).

The plastic Hudson looks like a winner from a stability point. Mike, what causes them to "oblong"? Just the hot water in general?

Mikey P

Administrator
Yep, the outer black shell cant take it for more than a few months.

Even the stock pvc pipe that attached to it oblonged like mad.

Greenie

btw: I haven't a clue why AT & BLUEline haven't sourced an ALL stainless float/shutoff with a rod that is larger than a drinking straw? Just makes sense to use stuff that will last and actually support the weight of the SS float under vibration and water sloshing, it's carpet cleaning, not rocket science.

Les, here is another one for ya, let's find a better shut off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom