Vortex fresh tank float valve...

Walt

I melted down two of those on my old V before I replaced it with a simple old toilet style. Brass with a plastic float. It's probably got 2500 or more hours on it with no problem.

Pretty sure it was 1" - but who knows, the builds varied.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
On mine both the square P.O.S. tank and the new round tank were 3/4 inch and were reduced down to 1/2 inch at the float.......

don't waste your coins.......the movement of the water is just going to screw it up anyway it is not protected from the slamming of the water...........not like the so called baffles did any good......

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Mike, I just spent 30 minutes going through last 2 years of repair parts receipts because I purchased one just like you show. But, I couldn't find the dang receipt. As Jim said mine lasted about 3 months and (I assume) vibrated off again.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Get the 1/2" one.
Every fill valve I have ever seen on a TM mount application has been 1/2".
Worst case scenario, you will have to buy a bushing to reduce it to 1/2".

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
floorguy said:
KevinD said:
Lee Stockwell said:
The float shouldn't have been inside the tank.

Where is it suppose to be?

Glad someone else said it...cuz i was thinking it... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If anyone else had said it I would of jumped all over it but seeing how it was Lee..I figured it was just a senior moment and just let it go.....

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
1" Hudson Valve

I have went through several, get them from the inground sprinkler supply store. Suppose to have a pressure regulator. Haven't had an issue with it since I installed the regulator.

Name
Lee Stockwell
My fresh water tank inlet has the float valve in a section of 4" ID pvc pipe outside the tank, connected with 3/4" hose to the main tank. No sloshing.

An earlier version had it inside a perforated section of pvc pipe inside the tank, but it was more awkward because of my heating coils at the time.

....senior moment my ass.

:-)
Lee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom