Vortex hydraulic heating problems

richd8980

Purchased used about a month ago. Not heating up at all temperature gauge was bouncing all over the place before it I lost heat.

Anybody have a Vortex and are they worth having?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Re: Vortex 6008 heating problems

could be a number of things..to be honest to try to trouble shot this with just a few details will be hard....
a few things off the top of my head to start with would be....

check valve went out.

unit is scaled up...

temperature probe went out so it is not calling for heat...( they did not put thermowells on any of theses so I cant see them being accurate and lasting like they should )

First thing I would pull is the temp probe and see if it is damaged..could explane the gauge bouncing ...

6008 IMO is the best vortex out there.....it has most the bugs worked out from the later models and does not have most the complicated BS from the newer ones.......Makes this one a lot easier to deal with....

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: Vortex 6008 heating problems

6008 IMO is the best vortex out there.....it has most the bugs worked out from the later models and does not have most the complicated BS from the newer ones.......Makes this one a lot easier to deal with....

I agree.

and If I had to buy another today it would be the Aerotech which is essentially a 6008 minus the Xentherm

If Legends continues with the V project you should expect to see the V revert back to the 6008 minus the noise is my guess.

Back
Top Bottom