Vortex Lettering 90% complete

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Did everything with a $300 eBay plotter. My wife and I did all the work, had allot of fun doing it
Did a complete 180deg on the ideas we originally posted, and stuck with the "Less is more" idea (Thanks to my wife)

YES it will have Wheel Simulators, they should be shipped out by tomorrow morning (Wheelsimulators.com)
View attachment 1742View attachment 1743View attachment 1744

Forgot to take a picture of the back and side door, both have the bullet points.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Thanks. Already have the money set aside for a new one.

The current one shifts beautifully of you manually select 1st, 2nd.
I suspect the valve body is out.

Mikey P

Administrator
I really like it.

I saw a very similar design on a furniture truck yesterday. They had a very slight grey'd out image of a chair to the right of their logo as well.

Very sharp.

I bet once you get spinners your walk ups will surprise you.

hopefully you are easier to understand than the prior owner. :eekk:

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I really like it.

I saw a very similar design on a furniture truck yesterday. They had a very slight grey'd out image of a chair to the right of their logo as well.

Very sharp.

I bet once you get spinners your walk ups will surprise you.

hopefully you are easier to understand than the prior owner. :eekk:

Thanks Mike, and everyone else for the kind words.

Simulators will be delivered today, hoped to have them on already, we are cleaning every stitch of every textile in one of the nicest houses in Lexington (IMO) today, we do this twice a year:

beagleboy

There must be a lot more carpet being installed in U.S.A then in Canada. Very few new homes where I live have any carpets except for the pain in the ass stairs and the old homes have had all the carpet ripped out. I also notice on the U. S. t. v. I watch how many commercials there are for Empire carpet stores and other big stores. There is never an ad on Canadian t v for carpets .

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Wheel simulators installed, they really set everything off, absolutely in love with this truck.

ema8ehaj.jpg
taqu3yra.jpg

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Ashley, can you briefly explain the process of putting the black vynil on ??? it really looks good. I have a small box truck I'd like to do something like that with.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
It's just like laying wallpaper if you have ever done that.

We made a solution of water w/20% alcohol and a few drops of soap in a pump up sprayer, spray the substrate, peel backing off of vinyl, apply vinyl to box and it will "float" around on the box because of the spray, allowing for movement and adjustments, once you have it where you want it , just squeegee out the water with firm movements,( we used a Teflon squeegee just for this application.) this sets the adhesive and it's not going ANYWHERE after the water is pushed out.
There where maybe 4 bubbles I couldn't budge, so an exacto knife came in handy.

This box was very easy due to not having rivets, if it had any it would have taken a heat gun and a "rivet brush" to form them tightly around them.

Reactions: BLewis
Name
BradFenstermaker
Look up Wabash Trailer in your area. They may have a cheap alternative to covering the beat up chrome corners. I had planned on using something to just recover them and rebolt in same holes.

Looks GREAT! I like it alot. You interested in doing some design on my new van?

hogjowl

Idiot™
I realize the correct thing to say is "it looks wonderful", but I'm sorry. I just have to tell you the truth. It looks like a hearse in an old western movie.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Close up pics look nice, although the blue on the dark background doesn't pop out to good at a distance.
I would probably with a lighter colored phone # and a bit larger.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
We used a "uscutter mh871 34inch cutter"
$300 on eBay and included free shipping and lots of extras and software to get started and some vinyl to practice with.

Its by far from a high production machine, but for our needs it's perfect.

Reactions: dealtimeman

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
I have the same exact truck. its a work horse. i put a cargo truck box under the box behind the battery. very handy holds a ton of stuff.

Dave Rampage

I don't know because I bought so many parts. You can call Vlad or Ted and they will be able to quote you. Mine would have been more expensive because they are taller.

Dave

Name
Ross Martin
What size vinyl (width) did you use?

Hard to see in photos, did you butt the vinyl or overlay?

Is the color matte?

My truck has a million rivets!

I have a P-cut cutter from US Cutter, about 5 or 6 years old. Never a problem.

Thanks

It's just like laying wallpaper if you have ever done that.

We made a solution of water w/20% alcohol and a few drops of soap in a pump up sprayer, spray the substrate, peel backing off of vinyl, apply vinyl to box and it will "float" around on the box because of the spray, allowing for movement and adjustments, once you have it where you want it , just squeegee out the water with firm movements,( we used a Teflon squeegee just for this application.) this sets the adhesive and it's not going ANYWHERE after the water is pushed out.
There where maybe 4 bubbles I couldn't budge, so an exacto knife came in handy.

This box was very easy due to not having rivets, if it had any it would have taken a heat gun and a "rivet brush" to form them tightly around them.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
What size vinyl (width) did you use? 30"

Hard to see in photos, did you butt the vinyl or overlay? We overlapped about 1/4, you have to look very close to tell.

Is the color matte? Yes, it is Matte Black

My truck has a million rivets! Check out this tool for wrapping over rivets: http://www.rollepro.com/

I have a P-cut cutter from US Cutter, about 5 or 6 years old. Never a problem.

Thanks

Reactions: GreenTechAgain

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom