Vortex Mileage question

hogjowl

Idiot™
How many gallons of fuel per hour is my 2004/6008 supposed to burn?

How many miles is 1 hour of production supposed to put on the engine?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Very close to 2 gallons an hour.

Every hour on the truck in pto mode you can figure 50 miles on the truck and trany.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I went 66 miles on my last tank.
I spent 7.3 hours cleaning on that tank.
I put in 16.587 gals to fill the tank.

If I figure my machine using 2 gallons per hour, then 7.3 x 2 gallons = 14.6 gallons used while cleaning.
If I subtract 14.6 from the 16.587 gals needed to fill that comes out to 1.987 gallons of fuel used to go 66 miles.
66 miles divided by 1.987 = 33.21 mpg
Can't be right!

F

FB7777

sounds more like you are burning 1.75 gallons per hour which as Adam says is "very closeto 2 gallons"

would you prefer to burn more while cleaning?

hogjowl

Idiot™
That sounds more like it. That 1.6 figure would give me 13.469 mpg.

I'm probably going to have to spend some time figuring what I really burn per hour cleaning.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
according to the papers that Ted faxed me when I got my truck and was setting up a tax fuel credit ..it says 2.6 gallons per running machine hour...

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Fuel usage depends on so many things. How much time its under load. Some guys run their truck at 1500 rpms or 1600 or 1700 rpms etc. That makes a big difference. 1.75 to 2 gal. an hour is what most guys told me.

Name
Lee Stockwell
It will take more than one tank full to get an accurate peg on it. When you've got an all day job would be a good time to get a handle on PTO mode fuel economy. Likewise a day of just driving around would give you a more accurate "normal mpg" number.

I have the same problem with the 405's. A calculation of MPG means nothing when you are doing a lot of cleaning. I had 7.8 mpg last tankful, but I know I get 14 on the highway.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
boazcan said:
Jim Martin said:
according to the papers that Ted faxed me when I got my truck and was setting up a tax fuel credit ..it says 2.6 gallons per running machine hour...

Jim, refresh me on this fuel tax credit stuff. Please.

When we first got the equipment it was pretty easy to do....Just keep track of the mileage and machine hours and fill out the paper work and turn it in....this last year or so they have changed some things around....added a few more rules...about 4 or 5 different papers to fill out...took the nice person out of the office and added some old bitch that is always PMSing every time you call.........it got to the point to really it was just not worth the hassle any more for a few hundred bucks.........

joe harper

Name
joe harper
AdamHale said:
Fuel usage depends on so many things. How much time its under load. Some guys run their truck at 1500 rpms or 1600 or 1700 rpms etc. That makes a big difference. 1.75 to 2 gal. an hour is what most guys told me.

That is very strange...... :!:

My Everest 650 hp....burns almost the exact amounts of gasoline...per hr..
We burn 1.28 gph...single wanding...1.78gph...in high ...2gph..D-wanding..

1.6 liter Hynduni...

Able 1

Name
Keith
Erik said:
1.6 gal. per hour 45 miles for 1 hour @ 1500 rpms.

:shock: Well I have put 50,000 miles on my van and my TM has 3000.. So if I had a DD I would have around 200,000 miles on my van and trany? Kinda crazy... I'm guessing by the miles on the beat down vans at my local supplier 100,000 miles on a van with a DD is about it before major problems start? So around 6000 hours on the DD? Diesels would last much longer I would guess.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
My npr gets 11 mpg and the BLueline burns 1.3 gph. It runs in dual most of the time. Separate tanks make the figuring easy.

Gene

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
admiralclean said:
I went 66 miles on my last tank.
I spent 7.3 hours cleaning on that tank.
I put in 16.587 gals to fill the tank.

If I figure my machine using 2 gallons per hour, then 7.3 x 2 gallons = 14.6 gallons used while cleaning.
If I subtract 14.6 from the 16.587 gals needed to fill that comes out to 1.987 gallons of fuel used to go 66 miles.
66 miles divided by 1.987 = 33.21 mpg
Can't be right!
CLOSE ENOUGH! I see you are struggling with the obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Island Boy
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS There IS help available. But not here.

F

FB7777

In 8 years of running Butlers and 21 years in Business, I haven't once tried to figure out van fuel consumption or machine hour fuel usage

I've been told the Butlers burn anywhere from 1.25 - 2 gallons based on some of the factors mentioned here. Being armed with the knowledge of actual usage isn't going to change how I operate the machines so IDGAS

I just take the off road tax credit and am satisfied that the revenue being derived from the system usage is worth filling the tanks eveyr other day and doing it year after year :mrgreen:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
did you fill your gas tank all the way to the top each time

we can't pump our own gas here in Oregon, so I pay attention to the guy who fills the tank. If you stick the nozzle all the way into the tank then the nozzle clicks off when the tank is 3/4 full unless you then top it off

this is one of my older posts, machine was run at 1500/1600 rpm most of the time cleaning
5112 miles
166 hours @1.7 per hour fuel consumption would be 282 gallons of fuel used
609 total gallons purchased

so
=327 gallons used to figure MPG

so
5112 miles
divided by 327 gallons
= 15.6 MPG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom