Vortex Vs. Power Clean Genisis DXT Update

V

vegijohn

Job Site 1: 5 story office building in San Francisco. Usually we us the Vortex and triple wand running 700 ft of hose. total flow 18 to 24. Heat and suction great.

Job site #2: 4 story office building with 3000sq ft less than Job site #1. Yesterday we had to clean job with the DXT because the Vortex was in the shop. Could only double wand. When flow was 18 the DXT could only maintain 140F heat. I changed wands and dropped flow to 12-- temp got up to only 160F.
Suction was still great but with lower flow and heat the job took 3 hours longer.

I still like the DXT for residential but will always have a Vortex on hand. The DXT is cheaper to operate on a day to day basis.

Bottom line is: Detroit makes trucks that can tow an airplane but Japan makes cars that save gas. Which do you need?

Greenie

I see a 175hp engine vs: a 52hp engine. I also see Pre-heated water supply on one unit, and not the other.

Can you turn the rpms up on your DXT, more fuel burnt means more heat.

btw: those numbers seem a bit low, even with two 09 flow wands.

DevilDog

Have not used the DXT but something seems really odd with those heat numbers. I realize you have pretty good flow there...but even then those numbers seem really low.

My Ford Genesis 59 could easily handle that and not drop below 220.

Heat is the most overrated part of cleaning...it is so easy to make up for heat with better cleaning agents, just a bit more dwell time, or some slight agitation. That is not to say heat does not help...but it is the least needed out of the cleaning pie.

V

vegijohn

I get 240F- 260F with my DXT on residential jobs when running only 1 wand--6-9 flow and 150ft at 1500rpm. I was running 1700rpm at Job Site #2.

Walt

you need to turn the RPMs up. Dual wanding we run it between 2300-2500 rpm. Heat stays right around the 220 with 24 flow. Commercial.

V

vegijohn

Walt said:
you need to turn the RPMs up. Dual wanding we run it between 2300-2500 rpm. Heat stays right around the 220 with 24 flow. Commercial.

WOW that's high, Thanks Walt---I'll give it a try.

Greenie

Walt saves the day. Put him on speed dial.

Seriously you have to burn some fuel to make some heat, so let her burn on that dual wand stuff.

The Preacher

DevilDog said:
Have not used the DXT but something seems really odd with those heat numbers. I realize you have pretty good flow there...but even then those numbers seem really low.

My Ford Genesis 59 could easily handle that and not drop below 220.

Heat is the most overrated part of cleaning...it is so easy to make up for heat with better cleaning agents, just a bit more dwell time, or some slight agitation. That is not to say heat does not help...but it is the least needed out of the cleaning pie.

ToDD must not be choking his chicken as much these days as his post makes good sense, must be getting more blood to the brain!!!

TimP

Walt said:

When I first read his post I thought the same thing. Must not be upping the RPM to dual wand with. But I wanted to wait for someone in the know first.

R

R W

vegijohn said:
I get 240F- 260F with my DXT on residential jobs when running only 1 wand--6-9 flow and 150ft at 1500rpm. I was running 1700rpm at Job Site #2.

Doesn't a diesel run cooler than a gas engine? I run my old genny 59 (03) Ford carbed engine, at between 2000-2500 rpms, depending on hose run and what tool I'm running. I can maintain 240 with the Ti wand and an upholstery tool running full tilt. That upholstery tool get mighty HOT!

DevilDog

Oh...chicken choking is in overdrive...my fiance is still in Manila...but both of my brains are working really well right now...hence the sense I am making.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
except the heat part....

I did a job the other day, and my propane was running low....was bouncing around prespraying, watching the chimp, checking machine etc...

As that heat went down, so did the cleaning...what a pita....

changed over the tank and BAM back to hot cleaning...

tell me its the most underated....its the most important, you can have a bad dilution of chem, and still clean great, you can not have agitation, and it still cleans great....you loose that heat...you can see a HUGE difference

Rex Tyus

floorguy said:
except the heat part....

I did a job the other day, and my propane was running low....was bouncing around prespraying, watching the chimp, checking machine etc...

As that heat went down, so did the cleaning...what a pita....

changed over the tank and BAM back to hot cleaning...

tell me its the most underated....its the most important, you can have a bad dilution of chem, and still clean great, you can not have agitation, and it still cleans great....you loose that heat...you can see a HUGE difference

You can do other things to compensate for a lack of heat. You can increase your detergent concentration, agitate more aggressively... But WHY. Just turn on the heat and clean it man. I agree Doug, Cleaning cold sucks.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
adding a kero burner mounted on a wheeled cart hooked inline with the hoses, should allow your DXT to kick ass over anything the vortex could do, imagine that, all for 80k less money

V

vegijohn

steve g said:
adding a kero burner mounted on a wheeled cart hooked inline with the hoses, should allow your DXT to kick ass over anything the vortex could do, imagine that, all for 80k less money

Thanks but that's Illegal in this town. I'll just turn up the RPM's like Walt said to do.

I'll turn up the RPM's even though it hurts my "LADY PARTS" LOL

V

vegijohn

Mikey P said:
Todd is right,.

Heat is so 1990's

I need heat because my custys want me to use weak or no chems. Too lazy to agitate. This town is just crazy.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
vegijohn said:
steve g said:

Thanks but that's Illegal in this town. I'll just turn up the RPM's like Walt said to do.

WHAT??????

you cant have a cook out???

thats about the extent of the emissions it puts out...

ok then get a propane one on a cart

Greenie

I have this vision of a 300K diesel burner sitting on a sidewalk in downtown San Fran.

The homeless would be having a weenie roast.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
vegijohn said:
steve g said:

I would move then, strange how a vortex that sounds as loud as a jet on takeoff, would be legal, a kero burner could be mounted in the van and ducted out the roof, now that shouldn't be illegal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom