Vortex waste tank filter set-up

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
-Can someone please post a few pictures of the filter canisters on a Vortex. I am curious how they are mounted to the tank.
I am planning on adding a third filter canister and would like to see how it fits. We will be going to 2.5" hoses and I need to run 3-2" to the manifold to have enough vacuum. ( I think this is how Mikey's set up is).

Thanks!

Mikey P

Administrator
I actually do not use the lint filters.

Because the V tank drains so well I use a pool filter to catch the crud on the way out.

If I used my APO then I would have to pre filter.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
most I have seen only come with 2 filters hanging on it I am sure the way the tank is set up you can add the third one

each filter is independent on the tank
from each ball valve

I have removed mine also but if you got to the vortex web site there are pictures of the set up

I can give you pictures of how the filters look if needed but I don't have any of why they were hanging on the tank.....

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I have been all over the Vortex site and can't find any pictures of the waste tank and the filters to see how they are set up.
Since I have only 2 filters I'm sure the set up is different, and since I'm going to go to 3, I'd like to see how they are done.

Thanks!

Name
BradFenstermaker
That is someone else's truck but I think they are the filters from our industry. Either mesh screen or a sack filter.

I can find out if you like.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
I will post pictures of what I have currently( I will try to take them and post them tomorrow), perhaps that will clarify what I am trying to do.
Thanks for the help!

Tom

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
camerapics358.jpg

This is what I have done. I have the two 2.5" hoses and the one 2" coming from the tank going into a filter box. Then two 2.5" going out the truck. I have taken the elbows out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom