WajadueMonday?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Chamber Of Commerce Event... I helped oraganize & plan the event and even brought some seasonal decorations (a giant 70 lb pumpkin I grew). Anyway, the main draw was a Charity Auction that helps fund 2 educational programs for kids. I even had a helper & myself on hand early to help people get set up...

We generated just under $4k at the auction and a few hundred more in cover charge & raffles... Total was $5400 or so. I'm proud to say that the 4 gift certificates I donated gift certificates that generated $615.00 in support for the programs. I also bought a GC for a pizza party which will be great for my kids birthday party and a GC for a full body massage that I'm sure my wife will love... Any way total $785 in funds from my BDCC ass...

I also handed out about 90 bottles of spotter, a few hundred business cards & flyers and every booth space recieved a coupon for $50 off hard surface floor care or $75 of commercial carpet cleaning... We'll see if it pans out.. Even if it doesn't it's still a good program to support. I'd do it for free... but hey if you can make a dollar or two while you're at it.. Why not?

If you don't get much benefit from your local Chamber of Commerce perhaps you aren't actually investing enough (ANY) of your time. The work I get from chamber members has been the difference between failure & keeping the doors open... If you just pay your dues & call it good there is no ROI.

You have to utilize it for networking and promotional purposes. And by networking I mean solving problems for other people. Don't look at it like what's in it for me. The "How can I help you?" mind set is so much better & you get to feel good about it too.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
:shock: Everyone is looking & no one has shit to say... :lol:

I suppose I hit a nerve with the you actually have to get up off your dead ass & do something part of the post...

Able 1

Name
Keith
Not very exciting today... Cleaned a recliner for a guy that has MS freebie.. Helped another cleaner in town on some apts... And my last job was 5 rooms a hall and stairs. It was a good break from the last two weeks and a very nice day temp. wise.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Did three floods. Came home and cooked dinner - breaded chicken legs, mashed taters and corn. Watched a few movies, and now just hanging out before bed.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Only did 5 jobs today.
The wifey made her bad ass black bean soup with chipotle corn muffins.
Oh good lord in the morning that was good.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
In the shop for a couple drop off’s & cleaning then....

picked up 4 rugs soaked with dog urine and matted with dog hair
picked up two rugs for cleaning from a nice old lady
Gave a bid for alteration to a local dealer for a Nepalese rug
Installed 11x17 rug in a new high-rise condo
Gave an estimate from cleaning and alteration of a large rug
Picked up a rug from a funny old guy who I’ve done work for in the past but he swears we’ve never done work for him?
Delivered 2 large Tibetan rugs and cleaned a basement carpet full of cat piss, a sofa +17 cushions
Delivered back and installed Tibetan 7x22 Tibetan in an elevator lobby

Walt

I must be getting old. I'm having a hard time remembering.

3 rooms at the trailer park
whole house in sw Portland
enormous sectional in lake oswego
apartment on the 10th floor

I'm glad my helper will be back from vacation tomorrow!

G

The wife and I took our 15 year old daughter to Reno for a Dr.'s appointment, booked 2 jobs, and then went to the Atlantis for lunch, today was our anniversary. 13 years.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
good for you Jeremy

I do a donation for ALS every year. This year I gave out 2 cases of spotter, over 50 $20 discount cards and my gift certificate sold for $350 which had a 6 month exp. date

8 months later I haven't heard from any one of them

John Watson

The Job today was actuly part 2, last week for this client we cleaned and protected a huge 2 piece sectional with 12 throw pillows, Cleaned and protected approx 800 sq ft of carpet, 15 oversized stairs, took 3 ori's into shop.

Today we returned and reset the 3 cleaned rugs, Restretched a 45 yd bedroom a seperate master closet, cleaned and protected approx 750 sq of carpet, cleaned 2 leather chairs and a leather ott.

Sure wish we had more jobs like this one every week or so. Helen and I are slowing down because of health reasons, besides what the economy is doing to us. Last week I had to take Helen to the ER at 5:30AM, after blood tests and a cat scan still don't know for sure what it was, Later that day Helen helped me clean rugs in the shop.. Wow what a girl. Tuesdays and Wed we get to watch Quinten, our 3 month old grandson. We schedule our jobs on Mon, thurs, and Fri. Special appoints on Sat and Sunday..

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Spent most of the day with a large loss adjuster and a cause and origin investigator on a fire we are doing. Part of that was digging through my dumpster and about 50 bags of debris that we had pulled out of the attic, looking for parts to the bathroom exhaust fan :| Found em! :)

Chris A

Name
Chris
I had 4 jobs scheduled, ended up only doing 3 because my "office manager" sent me to the wrong house. Came home and slept all evening, think I've got the flu.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
3 Rooms and a hall plus sofa and chair
area rugs throughout a house and master bedroom
Banquet area in Yacht Club
termination letter to customer who hasn't paid in months dropped off while I picked up equipment
picked up check for $2350 from client who i terminated then reinstated with 15 day terms and a slight increase in charges
returned all calls and booked several jobs, booked an inspection for 8:15 this morning and another at 3 this afternoon
put the kids to bed then rocked the house

steve r

repeat customer small job
property manager whole house
2 one bedroom apartments
5rooms referal
truckstop every month

booked several others

Back
Top Bottom