Walked from this one.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I called the tenant and told her I couldn't/wouldn't clean it and that replacement was well justified. She was not happy. Said she would talk to the landlord. Apparently a new tenant is moving in tomorrow. Why the tenant is involved 1 day before the new tenants are moving in is beyond me.
Damn Damon she just lost her deposit hahahahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
He's looking to add some more reviews..

I don't walk from many, but it's always in my mind that the people who live like that aren't going to respect you either

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
He's looking to add some more reviews..

I don't walk from many, but it's always in my mind that the people who live like that aren't going to respect you either
We do become slaves to the whole review thing. I was wondering if the woman was going to slam me for walking. People like that can be unpredictable. On the phone I told her the carpet should be replaced and she acted surprised. I then said, “Have you ever seen that carpet?” I then immediately bit my tongue. It just slipped out of my mouth. But she was acting so shocked the carpet and odor was so bad, I almost wasn’t sure we were talking about the same place.

F

FB7777

I would if it was February.
Seriously?

what would your process be? And how much do you think you could get paid ?

I can’t image the combination of residual fragrances between piss soaked underlayment , pad coupled with sanitizers

$200 min ballers with 10s of thousands of dollars worth of rug equipment on order should leave this to the bottom feeders

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Seriously?

what would your process be? And how much do you think you could get paid ?

I can’t image the combination of residual fragrances between piss soaked underlayment , pad coupled with sanitizers

$200 min ballers with 10s of thousands of dollars worth of rug equipment on order should leave this to the bottom feeders
You really hate that $200 thing. I don't

Edit: Seriously though, I would have walked in Feb also :) I just don't enjoy jobs like that or people with expectations like that anymore. My body and shoulders sucked the fun right out of it. I don't even enjoy doing free work for family and friends anymore. It's a job and my body is paying the price. I need to be compensated.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
Actually I’m rather impressed

I have a deposit here with 16 checks and 5 of them don’t meet your baller requirement

on the positive side, my Square credit card total for the month was $6,245 with a job average of $390

What’s crazy is my area we deal with a lot of older people and almost all payments are with checks

I always get people calling too lower my credit card rates but they’re already low.

Thing that’s annoying is my bank charges for cash deposits!

Reactions: FB7777

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

I have a deposit here with 16 checks and 5 of them don’t meet your baller requirement

on the positive side, my Square credit card total for the month was $6,245 with a job average of $390
If you're upselling a lot on min charge calls, that's great. Some of us have higher minimums to weed out the jobs we don't want such as end of month move outs where there is no potential for an upsell. Most of the people I turn away because they find my minimum to high are people with limited upsell potential. If I had employees, I might rethink that a little.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

Fred, I lose a lot of jobs. At first I thought maybe it was a mistake but it’s worked out well. I’ve been able to fill in the gaps with people that are willing to pay the minimum. Pulling from my list of 1200 customers with reminder and referral request cards has really enabled me to be a little selective. Its nice being at the point when someone calls me to clean their boat or motorhome and I can tell them “No”.

I still give people deals here and there. Like the lady I sold gift cards too yesterday. She was buying them for her mother for Christmas. I gave her $200 worth of gift cards for $150 in the spirit of Xmas. I did my house for free, Ha.

My 101 year old customer, I clean her whole house for $90 because each time I know it might be the last.

There are days when I drive around all day doing the PM little jobs, but it eventually evens out.

My PM minimum is $125 due to the volume. The $200 price shopper minimum has saved me considerable pricing negotiations over the phone and headaches upon arrival. I guess its all about your personal tolerance level. Mine is $200. The line in the sand gets drawn and they either go for it, or call SS. My accounts receivables are sitting at $7600 right now. My focus lately has been on reoccurring quarterly commercial accounts over $300 per pop. The goal is 120 accounts. The list is building. I see that as a way to build predictive income that later I can drop an employee on while I play with my rugs.

Someday I’ll be a real baller and have my nice cusion of rental property and AAPL Stocks. I enjoy seeing you and the other guys on this board success. It keeps me going for that gold ring.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I’m doing a smallish local job tomorrow, the first work since the end of October. I expect to be physically drained by noon. Nothing booked after that.

If you are over 50 and have not yet had the Shingles vaccine, you are gambling like an idiot. Shingles is like having mono while someone pours boiling water over your broken ribs.

Boy, am I glad for my pension now!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ok, since I’m jittery with coffee and sitting in church, I’ll also ad I’ve stopped giving occupied residential estimates unless its over the phone with a lot of disclaimers. I got tired of showing up to Bristor-Holes losing jobs to people only interested in price and nothing else. Let them use the guy that doesn’t even use a vacuum, prespray,or dry passes. Not kidding.
Yes, I could take the time to educate them why I’m better. But I’ve seen the glazed look in the eyes often enough now to just not waste my time anymore.

Lets go encap something.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I’m doing a smallish local job tomorrow, the first work since the end of October. I expect to be physically drained by noon. Nothing booked after that.

If you are over 50 and have not yet had the Shingles vaccine, you are gambling like an idiot. Shingles is like having mono while someone pours boiling water over your broken ribs.

Boy, am I glad for my pension now!
Damn Steve. Really sorry to hear this. You gots me worried.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
If you're upselling a lot on min charge calls, that's great. Some of us have higher minimums to weed out the jobs we don't want such as end of month move outs where there is no potential for an upsell. Most of the people I turn away because they find my minimum to high are people with limited upsell potential. If I had employees, I might rethink that a little.
Same here. I would and will lower my min if I ever get to where I can send an hourly employee out alone. I would be more volume focused. Oh, what a fine line.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Same here. I would and will lower my min if I ever to to where I can send an hourly employee out alone. I would be more volume focused. Oh, what a fine line.
Because we have some many condos here, I can see advertising $99 specials for 1 bedroom condos, looking to upsell on upholstery, tile or vertical blinds, etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom