Walking tour of the Dwell Pro Portables

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I stopped by and checked out the Dwell and the improvements that he made to the vac motors made it a nice machine. I was very impressed with the vacuum on it compared to the one I used last fall.

Reactions: Mikey P

LeeCory

Hi Mikey! You seemed to be a popular guy! I sure hope you didn't pick my name on #36 in the drawing. I had to leave at the beginning before it even started to drop off our car and catch my plane by 5.

I had a great time in Vegas this time and renting a car is the way to go. Valet parking everywhere and minimal traffic.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Too many cords, too many hook ups, looks like some things would be difficult to fix.
Oh well I'm sure the porty crowd is drooling over it.......perhaps because of better performance?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I don't think pushing a porty over to a toilet to dump every half hour or dumping in a bucket and carry that bucket- would be any easier than turning on a pump out.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Rico...this pump out on the Dwellpro is fine.
I'm sure it its. It looks built very well. I don't like that pumping is my only option. I'd like a 15-20gallon waste tank on my dwellpro. :biggrin:

Its possible in some commercial settings waste water disposal is going to add anther level of complexity.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
the problem with these and other machines like the steaming demon and the rotovac cfx is that sometimes there is no tap to hook up to or a toilet or sink to put the waste line. Even a lot of new condos have faucets that you can't hook up and hose to. Very limited capabilities.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
the problem with these and other machines like the steaming demon and the rotovac cfx is that sometimes there is no tap to hook up to or a toilet or sink to put the waste line. Even a lot of new condos have faucets that you can't hook up and hose to. Very limited capabilities.

That's not entirely accurate...

If you will be pouring a bucket of water into a porty, then you could just drop the hose into the same bucket to siphon the water, instead of pouring it in the machine.
Same thing with dumping. You can just dump into the bucket.

Last edited:

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
Pretty hard to beat hooking up to a hot water faucet and running direct to your rotary tool, even if you have to run extended lengths of hose. Bucket brigades are so last century. Same as dumping waste. Where there's a will theres a way.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The dwell pro has a pump capable of siphoning from a bucket. The cfx and steaming demon don't. Are you telling me that filling a 5 gallon bucket and siphoning out are easier than filling regular portie? Let' say you are doing highrise hallways and the room to get hot water is in the sub basement. Are you going to run 500 ft of fill and dump hose? I think not!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
The dwell pro has a pump capable of siphoning from a bucket. The cfx and steaming demon don't. Are you telling me that filling a 5 gallon bucket and siphoning out are easier than filling regular portie? Let' say you are doing highrise hallways and the room to get hot water is in the sub basement. Are you going to run 500 ft of fill and dump hose? I think not!

I'm not following it... What are you saying?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Think about it. Several of my jobs are 30 plus floors. The only place to get water is the janitors room in the basment. There's is no way you are going to connect 500 ft of hose winding up the staircase. If you want to you use extraction cleaning, you have to fill your portie, clean however many hallways you can and bring it back down to the janitors room to dump and refill. To do the same will a dwell pro, you will have to bring up at least 2 5gal buckets of hot water and have 2-5gal buckets to dump in. Talk about a bucket brigade. The dwell pro is only useable where you have easy access to water

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I don't know...I don't view -disconnecting hoses, power extension cords and then bringing an entire porty all the way down to fill and dump- any less work than grabbing two buckets and make the trip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom