Wall paneling.

Name
John
On a clean water loss with paneling on walls would you remove paneling or just remove baseboards drill holes and dry.. Or dry with heat and not remove anything?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Depends on what is wet. Is there wet drywall or wet insulation behind there?

Wood panel is pretty resistant if that is all that is wet i might just move air across it. If its trapped moisture then you'll need to get more intrusive.
If you have wet insulation and wet dry wall with wood panel covering it then yes, heat will expedite the drying.

Name
John
Just drywall behind paneling on one side and the other side is just paneling attached to studs... At this moment just removed baseboards and drilled holes

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
on the panel with drywall make sure to use probes when monitoring to ensure dryness. Skip the axials on the walls. Use snails which have more static resistance and will push air in further.

Good luck!

Reactions: dealtimeman

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I would have high static pressure hitting that wall and an Etes feeding those fans would be setup, or have a couple of the exhaust from Dehu feeding the intake of those fans.

How high up did the water go?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree, all depending on the severity of the situation.

The situation dictates how much is needed. No insulation no dry wall those walls should easily dry over night. However drywall with panel on front is going to dry slower maybe a couple of days. Add wet insulation and then you will need the additional aid of lower grains or the rapid movement energy creates when applied to the moisture.

Heat comes at a price so, is it needed for the situation at hand? Only John knows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom