wand glides good or bad?

stopped by local supplier today to take a look at a new wand, current one getting old, i asked him if he carried wand glides and he said '' man them things heat up your blower since the airflow is being restricted causing the ring in the blower to melt''. so, that got me thinking are wand glides efficent for the unit, or there more helpful for the operator pushing the wand. please, someone more knowledgeable explain this more clearly? ps this statement came from someone who builds units for a living.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
In all my years working as a cleaner and as a glide manufacturer I've never, ever received a single report of this happening. Glides do not restrict airflow, they increase airflow when the wand is on the carpet.

Take care,
Lisa

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, Lisa is dead on.
Even if they over heated the blower a little it would be worth it to use them because of the increase in productivity.
But I am sure they do not...and this isn't even something I know a whole hell of a lot about.

Mike Draper

time to look for a new distributor :roll: What causes more restriction? A wand perfectly sealed to the carpet, or a wand with a glide that retains airflow for superior dry times? :lol: If your distributor doesn't know that, I wouldn't ask him for any more advice on TM's.

that's what i was thinking you guys, this is also a guy when he was cleaning carpet he would use zep degreaser running through his machine to avoid using prespray, he no longer cleans carpet but builds truckmounts.

A

amazingcleansc

prestige cleaner said:
this is also a guy when he was cleaning carpet he would use zep degreaser running through his machine

:shock:

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I often find that a opinion on any tool/chemical is strongly related to the profit margin he can make from said item.

ie.... Why sell you a glided wand he can only make $50 on when that POS unglided wand will earn him $150? He won't have to clean with it.

Olsen and others on the board may be the exception.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Nothing like having a wand lock down on a commercial carpet with a 59 blower behind it, and no glide. kinda gets the sweat rollin'!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
prestige cleaner said:
causing the ring in the blower to melt''.

forgive my ignerntz...but what "ring" in the blower will "melt"??

a blower is one of the most durable components on a TM.
as long it's maintained and runs within manufacture's operating specs, you get lots and lots of miles out of it....glide or not

..L.T.A.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Like Larry, I'm wonder just what "ring" this guy's theory made up out of the thin air.

Probably the "free flow" kneeder bearing ring jacking the anterior johnson rod.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Shawn Forsythe said:
Like Larry, I'm wonder just what "ring" this guy's theory made up out of the thin air.

Probably the "free flow" kneeder bearing ring jacking the anterior johnson rod.

Quit jerking me off Shawn, tell it to me in layman's English.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
Did he tell you your wand was old after 3 years? MIne is over 20 years old an going strong an if it ever fails me i have another one the same age just waiting to be used.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom