Wand Jets........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have a wand that has 4....11003 jets.....

I have another wand that has 6 jets.....I want to take the 6 jet wand and re-jet it.. so that it is equal or sprays the same as the 4 jet wand....so....I will need 6 of what size jets...........?????

Scott Rogers

u need 02's then

4 x 03=12
6 x 02 = 12

the degree 110' or 95' or 80' etc depends on the spray bar design and distance from the carpet what degree jet is on the 6 jet now?

Scott Rogers

Jim Martin said:
so 11002 will also account for the flow of the 2 extra jets.......
whats on the 6 jet now? the 110 is the spray pattern . do you have 110s now or 95s?

You are running 16 flow?

What's up with that?

You need 6 jets 2.5 flow for 15 flow.

I use 80's on the outside of my 4 jet with 110's in the middle.

Unglided I run 95's on the outside and 110's in the middle.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the 6 jet wand was my T wand that I was always using and was set up for the Vortex.....I want to set it up for my new unit to see how it works...if I am not happy with it I am going to get rid of it and keep using the one that came with the unit which is a upgraded west pac wand......

Scott Rogers

danielc said:
You are running 16 flow?

What's up with that?

You flunked math class didnt ya. LOL

4 03 jets = 12 flow 6 02 jets = 12 flow how did you get 16??

Scott Rogers said:
danielc said:
You are running 16 flow?

What's up with that?

You flunked math class didnt ya. LOL

4 03 jets = 12 flow 6 02 jets = 12 flow how did you get 16??

My bad.

12 flow is not so bad, but that is still a lot of water.

I use 6 flow wands.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
OK.thanks to Scott calling me and getting me straightened out I am going to set the T wand up .

left to right...or right to left..which ever....

this should give me good heat and no streaking.......

Scott Rogers

your missing a zero in each number Jim

80015 95015 110015

(80, 95, 110) is the degree .015 is the jet size

This will give you a flow rate of 9

6 x 1.5 = 9

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jim Martin said:

I have another wand that has 6 jets.....I want to take the 6 jet wand and re-jet it.. so that it is equal or sprays the same as the 4 jet wand....so....I will need 6 of what size jets...........?????

uhhhh so if you have 4 03s which = 12.....why are you going to 6 1.5s, which = 9??? thought you wanted it the same...

Fudge Daniel are you serious 6s???? OMG

I am running 15 with my everest...remember heat wise i have a fuel burner...but 6s wtf???

Scott Rogers

floorguy said:
Jim Martin said:

uhhhh so if you have 4 03s which = 12.....why are you going to 6 1.5s, which = 9??? thought you wanted it the same...

Fudge Daniel are you serious 6s???? OMG

I am running 15 with my everest...remember heat wise i have a fuel burner...but 6s wtf???

After talking with him on the phone it turned out he already had O'2 on that wand, and he wasnt quite happy with the dry times/heat loss. So I suggested the 015's to help dry times and ease the demand on his heat exchangers but still offers a significant flush. 9 flow is still much higher then most CC's use.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ahhh

hence dans 6s :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i think i may cut mine back when i switch out from 5 03s to 02s

I have never run anything but 6 flow and never had a problem getting a carpet clean. I run unglided on most jobs, 400 to 500 psi, one pass, and fast dry times. I also run on low 80 percent of the time. 2-4 hour dry times are the norm. If I need more heat (200 plus) I crank the rpm up. If we dual wand, we run on high with great suction and decent heat. I love my machine.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Jim the better way to get better dry times is to slow down the dry stroke and over lap a little more

if I remember right the Thermal Wave is only rated for a flow of 6 so you are still gonna get heat loss with 1.5 jets, that is the only thing I didn't like about the machine

you are in a warmer climate so that should help the heat loss, it was bad here in the winter months with the Thermal Wave

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I have never run anything but 6 flow and never had a problem getting a carpet clean. I run unglided on most jobs, 400 to 500 psi, one pass, and fast dry times. I also run on low 80 percent of the time. 2-4 hour dry times are the norm. If I need more heat (200 plus) I crank the rpm up. If we dual wand, we run on high with great suction and decent heat. I love my machine.

now i know why so many customers ask how do we get the carpets so much cleaner, we use 16 flow.

gene

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
steve frasier said:
Jim the better way to get better dry times is to slow down the dry stroke and over lap a little more

if I remember right the Thermal Wave is only rated for a flow of 6 so you are still gonna get heat loss with 1.5 jets, that is the only thing I didn't like about the machine

you are in a warmer climate so that should help the heat loss, it was bad here in the winter months with the Thermal Wave

Baloney on the heat loss! Do some real world testing. I have a freaking CDS, running a 4007 blower.. non salsa package. Tested I went from 155 degrees at the carpet running 6 flow stock. To 160 at the wand running 12 flow and stuck jet extenders.. to 167/170 at 15 flow on a greenhorn wand.. the greenhorn with 02's and 10 flow was getting about 162to 165.

This was on a 60 degree day. If I could ever figure out how to loop these videos together and edit them, I would post it. If you can't get better heat to the carpet fibers with increase flow ..

you run a woosy machine! 8)

I should know.. I think mine is kinda of woosy at times.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have a local sales guy who thinks the CDS is the god of TM's and would always give me crap for buying the V

His dog pissed all over his carpet and he couldn't get the demo van so he asked me to come clean his carpets

he soaked his carpet down with OSR and I hooked up a medium size water claw to 2.5" hose for him, when he seen the claw latch itself on to the carpet he realized he was so wrong in his opinions

I CRB the rest of his carpet and flushed it with 270 12 flow soft water with no chemical, best his carpets ever looked, dried to the touch in minutes with a airpath, all this was done while he was water clawing his urine spots

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I was not having any type of heat loss till I started using the T wand...aside from that my heat has been fine....also noticed that the dry time was off with the T wand also..but was good with the west pac....figured I would change a few things on the T wand to see if I could make it work for me...if not.... then instead of having it lay around I am going to just get rid of it and just get another west pac for a back up....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
steve frasier said:

True..even the Vortex would loose some heat in the winter.....the thermal wave seems to be giving up about 20 degrees when it gets cold.....pretty standard across the board.....

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
That was my point.. He has a fricken thermal wave.. he shouldn't be having heat loss. I'm happy if I can get my machine to blast out 230 at the truck on a hot day. But even on 15 flow with good slow strokes and nice slow dry drokes, 500 psi even non air path most medium weight nylons dry in an hour. And with the right chemistry and scrubbing I the cds does just fine.. but I do run 2.5 hose with a 2" whip to a 2" wand....

That being said.. I whole heartedly expect a thermal wave or a vortex to outperform a cds.. so if the thermal wave was not.. Kinda of makes me sad.. what do I have to look forward to? :|

:mrgreen: I'm a performance junkie. If I had enough Money I'd have to a fire breathin super sucker.. alas.. we'll have to trade the CDs.. some day. ... Ivebeensold

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I ran a brand new CDS with all the bells and whistles for about 2.5 years.....I ran the vortex..probably longer then I should have......I have been running this Thermal wave for about...5 months......and I can honestly tell you.....I wish I would have done this in the first place........

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
do you have a Thermal Wave or the Thermal Wave II

I had the II, it would hit 240 and drop to 220/210 with 9 flow TI wand, in the winter wouild have a hard time keeping 210 but I get what ya all are saying

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
GeneMiller said:

now i know why so many customers ask how do we get the carpets so much cleaner, we use 16 flow.

gene
DIT-FREAKING-TOE

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
steve frasier said:
do you have a Thermal Wave or the Thermal Wave II

I had the II, it would hit 240 and drop to 220/210 with 9 flow TI wand, in the winter wouild have a hard time keeping 210 but I get what ya all are saying

Thermal Wave II Vortec........

Back
Top Bottom