Wand Jets........

woodsey

I run thermalwave and a judson TNT both with 2.5 hose and 9 flow at 220deg and 450 psi. I can honestly say that when the wand is on the carpet I cannot tell the diff between the two. The thermal wave has the bigger blower set at 15vac and the TNT has the 45 blower with a bayco set at 15. Most of the time the bayco is cycling at around15 seconds telling me I am getting 15 on the vac. Both clean great and dry times seem the same. I would have to do a bit of testing to tell any difference and if I have to do that then it does not make any difference. 9 flow is just about right for me as it cleans well, has good heat and my fresh water tank will last longer than blasting out 12 or higher flow. I do like 12 flow but my tank does not. Woodsey

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
exactly.........I will take good heat over high flow......I tried the higher flow and was not real to impressed with it.....all it did was drain my tank and fill the waste faster....and did not clean any better then lower flow and good heat.......

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I like the 18 flow over the 12 flow. The hot water comes to the wand faster and the flushing of the prespray is more thorough. I haven't noticed heat loss using my CDS. I'm sure White Magic would say to use no more than 06 flow. If only they could say anything.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I like my ti with 18 flow but on really nasty carpets and a slow flush pass, I get a streak in the middle. Only with the temp set at 250. The ti is glided and jet extenders.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
woodsey said:
I run thermalwave and a judson TNT both with 2.5 hose and 9 flow at 220deg and 450 psi. I can honestly say that when the wand is on the carpet I cannot tell the diff between the two. The thermal wave has the bigger blower set at 15vac and the TNT has the 45 blower with a bayco set at 15. Most of the time the bayco is cycling at around15 seconds telling me I am getting 15 on the vac. Both clean great and dry times seem the same. I would have to do a bit of testing to tell any difference and if I have to do that then it does not make any difference. 9 flow is just about right for me as it cleans well, has good heat and my fresh water tank will last longer than blasting out 12 or higher flow. I do like 12 flow but my tank does not. Woodsey

I thought that was the entire design concept behind the judson machines vs. regular heat exchanger technology. The judson blower is ran straight with nothing to bog it down, except a pressure pump, while a slide heat exchanger machine has to run a bigger blower because the exhaust is diverted towards a heat exchanger which pulls down on the performance of the blower, hence needing the bigger blower to compensate.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the blower on my thermal wave goes straight out. it doesn't go to my heat exchanger. they did make some changes on other models. without the glide your not pushing the wand back and forth for long with mine even on olefin. the last guy i hired said glides are for girls , that lasted for about 10 minutes and he put it back on.

gene

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
lol....you did read he runs his everest on low right :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

i still am in shock of that comment

floorguy said:
lol....you did read he runs his everest on low right :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Doug we run on high dual wanding the majority of our jobs.

If we single wand, we run on low or medium depending on the size of the job.

The cleaning is identical whether on low, medium, or high.

Low has plenty of heat and suck (10 times what any portable will dish out).

It just depends on the job.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
should i say thread hijack

daniel, here is little food for thought. the stronger the vacuum the deeper into the carpet you will draw dirt from, hence a cleaner carpet. yes i know, you get them clean either way. try this , take a white towel and cover the end of the wand that connects to the hose. now slip the hose over it so that it filter water as it passes. RECLEAN slowly a small 1ft section and vacuum it dry. now look what you left behind. probably not as clean as you thought. now try the same test with the higher vacuum.

gene

Able 1

Name
Keith
I like 9 flow also on my ti.. I run 110015's with 1" extenders on mine.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
The Magician said:
I found the sweet spot on my T wand 6 #100015+=9

Just measured my new 03's (always an 03's) with extenders on my greenhorn. It puts out 7 qts (1.75 gal) of water per minute. Tested both wands on both hose reals three times. I like.

Able 1

Name
Keith
boazcan said:
The Magician said:
I found the sweet spot on my T wand 6 #100015+=9

Just measured my new 03's (always an 03's) with extenders on my greenhorn. It puts out 7 qts (1.75 gal) of water per minute. Tested both wands on both hose reals three times. I like.

Thats interestng... I tested my ti with new .015 (9 flow) jets, and came to just under 2gpm. I would have to guess the jet size matters as much as the plumbing(restrictions) on the wand. At some point putting bigger jets on your wand will just change the force that the water hits the carpet. imo

Able 1 said:
boazcan said:
[quote="The Magician":4znd1mug]I found the sweet spot on my T wand 6 #100015+=9

Thats interestng... I tested my ti with new .015 (9 flow) jets, and came to just under 2gpm. I would have to guess the jet size matters as much as the plumbing(restrictions) on the wand. At some point putting bigger jets on your wand will just change the force that the water hits the carpet. imo[/quote:4znd1mug]

Keith that is exactly how I see it.

I tested an 8 flow bentley wand. It just did not have the cleaning power that my 6 flow wand had. It felt like it was misting the carpet. My wand cut stripes through it. The guy says wow this wand sure does move some air and put the water out. I told him his stock glide was restricting air flow. The wand was not that bad, but it will not clean like mine. All the greenhorns at Mikefest had the same effect. It felt like they were not putting the water out as hard.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
Able 1 said:

Thats interestng... I tested my ti with new .015 (9 flow) jets, and came to just under 2gpm. I would have to guess the jet size matters as much as the plumbing(restrictions) on the wand. At some point putting bigger jets on your wand will just change the force that the water hits the carpet. imo

Keith that is exactly how I see it.

I tested an 8 flow bentley wand. It just did not have the cleaning power that my 6 flow wand had. It felt like it was misting the carpet. My wand cut stripes through it. The guy says wow this wand sure does move some air and put the water out. I told him his stock glide was restricting air flow. The wand was not that bad, but it will not clean like mine. All the greenhorns at Mikefest had the same effect. It felt like they were not putting the water out as hard.[/quote]

lemme see a pic of your wand.....

ill tell you why you think its not putting out as much...

its not spraying RIGHT AT THE CARPET...its giving it a shearing action rather then beating the shit down into the carpet.....take a pic of your wand head and post it, from different angles of how the jets are hitting

akgolfpro

Able 1 said:
I like 9 flow also on my ti.. I run 110015's with 1" extenders on mine.

I would like to pick up this setup for my Ti wand! I also use a glide! what spray patterns do I need and where do I get them! right now my outside jets are spraying beyond the wand slightley with the stock setup, I think my jets are done!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
floorguy said:

Doug you do know you get NO benefit running it on dual wand when you are only running 1 wand right? You just burn more fuel. Dual wand is there to up the torque curve to meet the extra load.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug

i run it on mid...while dualing..unless its over 250, then its high...

but never on low for wanding

Back
Top Bottom