• Total voters

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
should get one that has flow rates....# of jets.....how far off the ground

Name
steve snail
Anyone care to guess what percentage of total carpet cleaners use option 6. Me thinks this board will have a much much higher percentage of 2.5 users that carpet cleaners at large. A much more caring and smarter breed here.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
you forgot perhaps the most numerous wand out there the prochem quad jet which I believe is actually a 1.75" which I use with no whip hose, 2" strait to the wand is all anyone needs, using a 25' 1.5" hose just adds in a connector in the worst possible place, because that is the hose you are working with the most. it gets caught on corners and things and makes things harder not easier

A. wilson

I can run a few different ways. 1 1/2" wand w/ 20' whip, or 2" wand with the flexible 2" hose, or put a 2" X 1 1/2" reducer on the 2" and run the 1 1/2" wand. What ever is easier on each given job. Or even 1 & 1/2" to 2" enlarger cuff on the 1 1/2"whip to 2" wand.

what else am I missing?

TP

I actually run a 2" wand with 2" hose fifty feet out and then TWO 2" hoses Y'ed off at the door all the way to the van.

MUCH more power than one 2.5" hose.

Mikey P

Administrator
TP said:
I actually run a 2" wand with 2" hose fifty feet out and then TWO 2" hoses Y'ed off at the door all the way to the van.

Not if you have a Vanifold...

3 two inch hoses into one or two 2.5's then into one or two 2"

Talk about suck!

Greenie

It's funny to get the feed back on 4 to the door vs: the big hose, each side has their opinion.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
set up break down time, what a bitch....take you longer to set up the extra hose then it would to clean the damn place

Rex Tyus

It's funny to get the feed back on 4 to the door vs: the big hose, each side has their opinion.

I have done both as I am sure many have. The 2.5 had a slight advantage even before I got the 2.5 inch manifold. Now it isn't even close. The 2.5" straight off the truck rules the day.

G

4 to the door is not as good as strait 2.5 inch. Not with a 6008 blower. With 4 to the door I cannot get dry when I am done.

Dave

Name
Eric Valentine
Four to the door has in theory 28% more capacity than a single 2.5" hose. On the other hand, it has 60% more surface area (inside of the hose). It would make sense that 60% more surface area negates the advantage of only having 28% more theoretical flow capacity.

Rex Tyus

Four to the door has in theory 28% more capacity than a single 2.5" hose. On the other hand, it has 60% more surface area (inside of the hose). It would make sense that 60% more surface area negates the advantage of only having 28% more theoretical flow capacity.

Not to mention the restriction in the y itself.

TimP

I plan to eventually get the 2" wand and possibly some 2.5 hose. I know better but it's hard to part with the cash in this aspect when I need to spend it on marketing and getting into the homes. Plus I don't use my wand that often. My main tool is 2" though no whip. Eventually I'll be the 2" holed glided wand with 2.5 to the door. Oh and while I'm dreaming I'll take a vortex with the same setup.

Tim

TimP

Rx-20 I'm thinking about gliding it. It cleans a heck of a lot better than my wand. If business picks up I probably will glide it to prevent seam tears, as it is now if i see a seam I avoid it and wand the seam. Also for better dry times.

Tim

-JB-

Name
JB
Damn it Mikey!
Another poll I can't participate in!

Wands are for ...
044.gif

Real men use ...
thDEVIL.jpg

Rex Tyus

If business picks up I probably will glide it to prevent seam tears, as it is now if i see a seam I avoid it and wand the seam. Also for better dry times.

Tim

The way you are kicking my ass in Blountstown :evil: it shouldn't be a problem for ya. 8)

Greenie

I never minded competition takin' some work, as long as you take it at a higher rate.

It's funny how some industries are just more level in their pricing....called around today, actually Lisa did the calling, we need a trailer hitch installed on the Jeep, everyone she called was within $30 of each other with full installation including wiring harness. (and it wasn't cheap either, $400 range).

Try and get bids like that in cleaning. How much you wanna bet the hitch guys are making a good living doing what they do?

I'm going to get it installed in a few mins. Picked the closest one.

Rex Tyus

I don't mind it either. Tim is a breath of fresh air as far as start up companies go. He is going to do well.

Still sucks to share a market you have owned for 5 years. :evil:

DUSTY

Dalton GA and Prof. Testing labs

Yesterday I was in Dalton GA at professional testing labs.
I gotta tell you that they are blown away with the increase in airflow from the US cleaning products new wand.

Anyone here had the opportunity to use one yet?

After there remarks on the improvement I'm gonna get my hands on one of these babies!

http://www.usproducts.com/evolution/

TimP

Rex Tyus said:
I don't mind it either. Tim is a breath of fresh air as far as start up companies go. He is going to do well.

Still sucks to share a market you have owned for 5 years. :evil:

Well there was Ultimate Cleaning Systems, a lot of people liked him, and when they mention him they say he was wonderful. I just know that I wont have any problems pleasing them. I think he has been gone about 2 years and he move to North Carolina I believe. Then there was MacVac, and he did mostly down in St. Joe lived up here in Bristol but did most of his work down there. He went into teaching so that says something about his like for carpet cleaning. He sold his business and the new owner is trying to get into cleaning here but I never see him around. I hear he's doing most work of his in Tallahassee and he's basically doing it in evenings for apartments and such from what I hear from my sources. I would rather let him do the apartments work for peanuts in my opinion. Then there is Wizard, and I wont get into him. But I think as far as me starting up I've tried my best to do my research. I'm certified in 5 areas soon to be 6 maybe as much as 8 by the end of the year and 9 if you count journeyman status. In addition to that I'm a Certified Firm. So as you can see as a newbie I'm trying to learn as much as I can as soon as I can.

Rex Tyus

Yesterday I was in Dalton GA at professional testing labs.
I gotta tell you that they are blown away with the increase in airflow from the US cleaning products new wand.

Anyone here had the opportunity to use one yet?

After there remarks on the improvement I'm gonna get my hands on one of these babies

Yea it is a cute little wand. I still think it resembles a tinker toy compared to the Greenhorn High Performance Wand

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom