Wand Swirl Marks - Turbo Hybrid

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
IMG_3088.JPG

Today after doing some Mexican tile cleaning I left some wand skip marks...Not good...Maybe happening more as lighting in the home can be a real issue, however, my vision even with glasses might leave your areas unsightly...I run into this problem when moving too fast, or uneven edges of tile and grout...

Kinda sucks when you make a difference on someone's floors and leave any of these marks...Most don't even alert you to let you know of these problems...Looks like I'll be making a trip back to this home clear across town, or potentially lose a client...

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Michael, take this with a grain of salt, but here's what I have done when the elves left similar marks (only with vapor steam). To correct that, I suggest using a 175 with an abrasive maroon pad (like you use for dry stripping). First, spray a good cleaner like Venom Peroxibrite and try using the center disk by hand on a small section, to see if it removes the remaining patina. If it does, you'll leave it looking like new with the 175. Then rinse with a wand. Follow up by sealing with Cobb's Ultraseal.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Michael, take this with a grain of salt, but here's what I have done when the elves left similar marks (only with vapor steam). To correct that, I suggest using a 175 with an abrasive maroon pad (like you use for dry stripping). First, spray a good cleaner like Venom Peroxibrite and try using the center disk by hand on a small section, to see if it removes the remaining patina. If it does, you'll leave it looking like new with the 175. Then rinse with a wand. Follow up by sealing with Cobb's Ultraseal.
Good Advice. Trying to minimize the work, unfortunately, it backfired me back to the job...175 is always great on natural stones first...You see, I put the 175 in the deepest part of my van and too lazy and old to crawl for it...I already miss my box truck...I think I'll end up trying the Oreck Orbiter since it's within arms reach..LOL

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Don't think it's pressure etch-- it would reveal much darker clay. I have done it on Spanish tile.

This is why I like old turbo...use could adjust spray angle for more rev and less impact

Yup - mono time

Reactions: Old Coastie

Mrice

Name
Mat
It must just be me, but it looks just like spinner was moved across the floor too fast and it didn't have a chance to rotate enought times to completely clean under the shroud. It looks like it's still dirty.

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I've actually had that happen to me once. I cleaned and sealed a few years prior. I went back to clean with the turbo and got that look. A crb or 175 would do wonders.

Reactions: Mikey P

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Believe it or not, I went and fixed this problem with an "Oreck orbiter and white pad" I had sitting in the garage...I knew the problem, just couldn't see it till the floor dried...

Reactions: Stephen D. Gillett

Chris Brown

Name
Chris Brown
I have had similar marks in the past. The nylon brush ring on my spinner tool had worn down below the outer black rubber ring. Easy fix. Trim the black rubber ring down as much as possible. This will greatly extend the life of your nylon brush.

Stephen D. Gillett

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Gillett
I'm with @Old Coastie on this one. I've had the best success with pavers using a 175 and 5 minute dwell time with Deep Clean (High Alkaline cleaner). A Tampico Brush works great to agitate as well.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom