Wand vs RX20 vs Zipper

Name
Marcus
I am a sole owner and plan on keeping it that way!

I started with prochem 12" no glide -
added wheels w no glide - then added glide
Went to Ti wand with glide and wheels
Used Rx20 for all commercial - then added glides(4-5 years now it sets in garage)

Now I have just purchased the Zipper......
Those that have used 2 or more of these what is your Conclusions?

thanks
Cap

than

Mikey P

Administrator
My conclusion is that anal operated cleaning businesses need all of those tools.

Not so much to wow the customer but to help reduce the likelihood of repetitive motion sickness and to keep your mind preoccupied of the mundaneness of sucking carpet day in and day out and into the grave.

Yes, a big wand and a small wand, yes a RE, yes a drag wand if you HWE lots of commercial.

and yes, you need two or three hand tools too.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I have them all. Early on I went with the original rotovac for residential and the rx20 for commercial. Now for residential I use a crb/ ti wand combo or crb/ rotovac or hoss. For commercial I am prescrubbing with a cimex and then using the zipper as my extraction tool. My problem with rotaries on commercial carpet is the swirl marks are next to impossible to completely remove. You will find on a trashed carpet you need some sort of agitation whether it be a 175, crb, cimex, or rotary. I love my zipper but if I don't have the agitation I'd pick a rotary instead.

Reactions: JS41035
Name
Marcus
ea
I have them all. Early on I went with the original rotovac for residential and the rx20 for commercial. Now for residential I use a crb/ ti wand combo or crb/ rotovac or hoss. For commercial I am prescrubbing with a cimex and then using the zipper as my extraction tool. My problem with rotaries on commercial carpet is the swirl marks are next to impossible to completely remove. You will find on a trashed carpet you need some sort of agitation whether it be a 175, crb, cimex, or rotary. I love my zipper but if I don't have the agitation I'd pick a rotary instead.
Yea I don't like the
swirly whirly curlies on my rx20 even with glides...this happens on homes and some comercial
it has set in my garage for years.....

I have found with more heat(kero) more vacuum and more water flow(010...012 total)
you can clean just as well.....

I tie off the trigger(no trigger use in years) and few dry strokes...gotta make this job easier
or we will work ourselves to death.

I just cleaned a resturant with my new zipper...set the wand down but didn't use it as the
zipper did a better job.

the captain

Name
jack zerkie
Yep I have all the toys. The first roto vac, RX-20. rotary dri unit zipper and lots of wands. I.m using the rotary dri on a large commercial job about 12K and will switch with the zipper. The nice feature about the zipper No power cord , keeps it simple and less to move around. I had been use the Cobb two jet mytee with the steel glide, but it doesn,t glide easy. But it does dri the carpets better. some berbers are back breakers due to the type carpets, so I now using a Cobb two jet with a glide an wow easy no limits on how much carpet I can clean. Iv.e thought about a 360 i but I.m going to wait maybe later. jz.

Name
jack zerkie
This is a follow up of above thread. I cleaned about 6 K of very dirty commerical glue down, in a large community.This is the second time I cleaned it. The first time I encapped the job and it was fair. This time it was filthy and lots of food stains. I used tthe truckmount and LOTS of prespray. I started with my Rotary dri unit and with the power cord it was okey. I then tried the Zipper and it was easier to clean with and easier to move and cleaned very well. The purchase of the zipper was a good investment for open carpeting and really saves my back. jz.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom