WANDING THE STAIRS (again)

breathe72

A rental job.

beausage001.jpg

beausage002.jpg

Scott Rogers

Chris, Stairs look good.

If you take a bottle with 40% (your fav encap) and 60% water a quick spray and brush on the edges will clean those filtration lines right up.

Scott Rogers

Hey Mikey, there is some pretty substantial fiber damage there. I was thinking it was probably that and lighting giving it that look.

Pictures can be pretty deceiving compared to the actual finished job.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
You're all hacks, do it right with a stair tool.

All of you should be ashamed, go sit in time out.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i use an upholstery tool on stairs is that acceptable practice? it not as fast but i can get into the corners and on the edges better.

what do you think?

Greenie

I thought it was just the camera making them look dirty still, that flight of stairs is asking for a pre-vac and a quick pre-scrub.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Greenie said:
I thought it was just the camera making them look dirty still, that flight of stairs is asking for a pre-vac and a quick pre-scrub.

Either that, or a post-scrub with the 175 and one more rinsing with the floor wand. And a toweling off to expedite drying and remove those scratch marks That's what I would do. It looks hackish and awkward but a floor wand (and a floor machine) cleans much more efficiently than a stair tool and a hand brush. Think of the worst traffic lane in a house (which stairs usually are). Would you rather use a 5 inch wide .02 flow hand tool, or a 14 inch wide .12 flow glided Ti wand?

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
A wand does not clean more effeciently than a stair tool. I can clean stairs 50% faster than a guy on a wand, with my stair tool. Now, I agree, that overall, a wand does better than a stair tool, but not on stairs.

A good stair tool, would be a regular wand, shortened down to the non-hackish height.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
We always pre-spray the steps wit the wand... then wand the flats one time ....then go on the risers and the flats again wit the hand tool......

OH i don nick up the sides wit yor tool....either!

Greenie

The new stairwand I put together recently has a 2" vac tube and a 9.5" wide head and high flow jets, that sumbitch cleans as good as any 012 flow wand. It's 39" in length and doesn't have a stupid forward assist handle so you can slide it under beds and such easily.

Now to get Dist. to stop selling those other crappy wands I see all over.

ps: Speaking of crappy wands, the recent generation of prochem titanium wands have taken a serious step down in quality, I'd be pissed off if I was a prochem dist. and I had to defend the quality issue and the pricepoint for such.
If you got an oldie, hold on to it.

Greg Loe

A good stair tool, would be a regular wand, shortened down to the non-hackish height.

That's what I did. I took a full size wand to a welding shop and for $40 bucks they did a great job of chopping it down.

And why do people put light colored carpet in a rental? :shock:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The new stairwand I put together recently has a 2" vac tube and a 9.5" wide head and high flow jets, that sumbitch cleans as good as any 012 flow wand. It's 39" in length and doesn't have a stupid forward assist handle so you can slide it under beds and such easily

show me a pic and show me a price..I am in the market for a new stair tool and a new uph tool.............................

Spurling

step tool

Hey Jim,
Go to ebay .. type in carpet cleaning or carpet cleaning truckmounts ..nice stair tools ..they're like mini AW29 wands ..works fantastic ..$159

Spurling

stair tool

Hey Jim,
I went on ebay .. after typing carpet cleaning in the catergory..it pulls up 252 items .. go to 3rd page .. shows a little kid with a red shirt wanding...thats the one you want .. its $149 ..works awesome.. if I were a midget ..I'd use this all day long..the 1st page show a $99 one but has no splash guards.. you want splash guards when doin open staicase with piano or grandfather clock in foyer.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
wanding stairs makes you a hack???

I s'pose wanding uph would really be bad then :shock:

throw on your hole glide, turn down the PSI and watch a Ti wand make short work church pews.
Detail the front and very top with uph tool

hack or not, it cleans great, is FAST and kicks azz in general

and yep, we've even done that with certain pieces of uph when the custy isn't home.

AND....we do it all-de-time in a group home for mEntAl patients.
The upl is always TRASHED

..L.T.A.

..L.T.A.

breathe72

Greenie said:
Is that vinyl on top of that carpet at the bottom of the stairs?

Its one of those cheap runners Greenie.

I pre-vacced AND pre-scrubbed these, lol.

This place was so disgusting, I had to.

If you think the stairs cleaned up like shit, then you would have really groaned when you saw the rest of the house.

Its a rental that belongs to a lady who teaches with my wife.

Greenie

Ain't nothing personal, but I wouldn't buy any tool off of ebay.
If you liked the mini-aw29 you would really trip on the new 39" tool.
I'm not fond of double bend stairtools on risers, and I like to stand while doing stairs not bend.

I'll put up a pic on monday, I have PMF make part of the tool and I finish the rest off GG style. This is the 2 jet, I'm working on a single jet as well.

Farenheit251

I would like to have Greenie chop down a Greenhorn wand. That would be the ultimate tool. Thinking it would be a bit pricey for a stair tool though.

lance

Jeff, counldn't the assist handle just be turned to the 9 o'clock position in order to go under a bed? Or is the handle itself too big?

Do you use one of the spiral heat guards on the wand near the head?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom