Wands: Performance vs Ergonomics

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Which features do you consider most significant to make a wand easier to use, (back, shoulders, and arms friendly)?

Please rank in descending order:

Weight

Tube diameter

Head width

Swivel

Glide design

Whip hose diameter and length

How much performance are you willing to sacrifice for ease of use?

Much obliged.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Straight wands more efficent airflow and longer strokes

sassyotto

Name
Paul
1- Head width Simply because the wider the head, the more water your trying to suck with the same amount of vacuum. Hence, smaller head more efficient vacuum. 12 -14 inch for me

2. Length (I know, it wasnt on the list). But Im 6 foot 8 and can use some type of longer wand for ease of use. The Devastator wand was perfect.

3. Hose whip. There should be none. If you have a tube diameter less than 2 inches, then you should make the wand hook to a 2 inch hose. Thats what I like about my Prochem Tri-jet.

4. Weight Im getting old so if I need a longer wand, I dont want it to weigh a ton

5. Tube diameter. I think Toms Devastator has proven that you can have a wand with a smaller tube that gets great drying times.

6. Swivel could care less about a swivel. More parts to break.

7. Glide design One that doesnt leave grooves in the carpet that you need to aggressively groom out. Tried Toms Dev wand and that was one negative.

Im actually looking for a new wand so suggestions welcome. The Devastator wand would be my choice, but didnt like the whip hose, swivel and the glide left deep grooves.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and Johnny

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
1- Head width Simply because the wider the head, the more water your trying to suck with the same amount of vacuum. Hence, smaller head more efficient vacuum. 12 -14 inch for me

2. Length (I know, it wasnt on the list). But Im 6 foot 8 and can use some type of longer wand for ease of use. The Devastator wand was perfect.

3. Hose whip. There should be none. If you have a tube diameter less than 2 inches, then you should make the wand hook to a 2 inch hose. Thats what I like about my Prochem Tri-jet.

4. Weight Im getting old so if I need a longer wand, I dont want it to weigh a ton

5. Tube diameter. I think Toms Devastator has proven that you can have a wand with a smaller tube that gets great drying times.

7. Glide design One that doesnt leave grooves in the carpet that you need to aggressively groom out. Tried Toms Dev wand and that was one negative.

Im actually looking for a new wand so suggestions welcome. The Devastator wand would be my choice, but didnt like the whip hose, swivel and the glide left deep grooves.

Thanks, Paul. I also am looking for a lightweight wand. Considering:

PMF Mach 12 (nine pounds),

PMF-made 12" Sapphire Scientific Titanium (twelve pounds)

Devastator 12" and 14" heads. Anybody know the weight of the Devastators?

The Devastator website has said "currently out of stock" for all its wands for the past several days.

Any comments on these or any other wands?

Much obliged.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Since my bros Steven Hawkings and Shawn Forsythe passed away All I have is Gary Busey and Madea to work on tech things.

BUT IT DOESN'T TAKE ROCKET SCIENCE TO KNOW THAT A STRAIGHT TUBE WILL FLOW AIR BETTER THAN A " S" TUBE WAND!

RACIST BASTARDS!

steve_64

Mike's point is that there are many more curves and restrictions in any one section of vacuum hose than the restrictions of a wand itself.
But the wand matters even more on longer hose runs because of those restrictions. Why pinch off the airflow at the wand where it matters most.

Name
Scott Turknett
Tom’s wand is made so the tube can thread directly into the head, so that solves your dislike of the swivel. Also if you carve back the Teflon bridges in the glide 1/8” into the channel then you stop getting lines.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom