Wands??

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Russ, A 2" wand and 2" hose will make a difference in drying time particularly for a smaller blower. And so will small improvements in the whole set up as others suggested.
The switch to 2" will not make it easier, as the 2" hose is more cumbersome and the 2" wand is harder on the hand and the trigger squeezing motion. (Some jokes are sure to follow.)

When choosing a wand, larger coverage, ease of use and ability to reach under furniture is the main issues for me. There may be slight performance improvements between different wands but they are not huge. To improve drying time, I compromised on some ease of use by going 2". I did get the 14" TI wand which is lighter (at the end of the day it does make a difference), has a very good flow and coverage and reaches the best under furniture.

Since you seem to do a lot of cleaning, buy the best wand you can afford, it will be a good investment and will last many years. There is no other tool in your arsenal, you'll use as much, unless you go rotary.
Test and find the best wand for you, it will be the best investment you can make in your longevity as a cleaner.

Reactions: Russ T.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I have two of those.
I want to cut one down into a stair tool and have the other converted to a 2 inch cuff.

I cut mine down to use at some theaters i do on their stairs.....HUGE improvement over a standard length

now on normal resi stairs....its kind of a pita...I like the single jet 1.25 flare to 1.5 wand....

but am thinking i may want a straight stair wand

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The evolution chatters on commercial so I'm told, I like my Ti on residential don't use it on commercial I use my quad PC with a holed glide feels like it dries better.

I agree with modifying what You got tell you can get something better.

2 inch hose over 1.5, ya I only use 1.5 for my stair tool and its a 3 foot whip, works great for drying the nose on steps, I flood then pipe.

Talked to a guy a MF9 using a powermatic running 1.5 inch hose getting 6 to 8 hour dry times.

When I said I was getting 2 to 3 hour dry times, He couldn't believe it. Dry strokes, fans and some rooms are dry to the touch when I leave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I use 2 inch 15 foot flex hose I bought at dultmeier.com for my lead hose up to my 16 inch modified castex wand.

Splash gards added and angled to hit the back of the SS glides.

Recently put 110 degree jest all across the 4 jet manifold for even spray.

Now looking at a 24 inch drag type wand for commercial areas.

About $400 VS $1400 at interlink.

Mikey P

Administrator
That was my experience as well, when I switched to 2 inch hose. And, I was really impressed.

But my customers didn't notice.

how do you know they didn't?

Don't tell me you called each and every for 6 months after.

In reality most customers know the carpet won't be really dry until the next day and plan accordingly.

You guys who go way out of the way to provide 1 to 2 hour dry times are setting yourselves up for disaster.

As you grow andor get old, dragging in Airpaths/fans, twenty dry strokes, post padding and all the rest just isn't doable when you want to move beyond 2 jobs a day.

BUT, the more water you can get out in a reasonable amount of time, the cleaner the carpet will be.

Mikey P

Administrator
Have you tried this Jimmy?

showimg.php?image=aw01.png

Name
jack zerkie
Iv,e purchased just about everything that has come out. I still have the original rotovac, hydramaster rotary dri unit, RX 20 and a zipper that I used yesterday on 4500ft of carpet. I have about 8 wands in the garage. I have two of Larry,s wands one has two jets with bend and glides. The other is the cheap Mytee with a steel glide two jets for short people like me. I use the Mytee all the time cleaner & drier The disadvantage is it hard to use on some berbers, but is great on other carpets. jz.

Rotovac

Name
Nick
Call Rotovac for a 2 week trial of the new 360i. It now comes with either a 12" standard head or a special new 15" head with Teflon vac ports that produce amazing dry times. Ask for Mike Linderman and I will include the freight if you decide to buy it after trying.

Name
BradFenstermaker
I 2nd the PMF 802. I have 2 on the truck at all times. Most every residential is 8-10 hrs tops. Airmover win needed and dry strokes. Thinking about the PMF 703 for vacants and commercial.

Nice quality built wand that will last for yrs and yrs. Nice price too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom