Want a job in Oklahoma

Jamesh921

Name
James
Growing company needs high-energy (young), DEPENDABLE carpet cleaning tech to start immediately.

Ability to do restretches/repairs preferrable (will possibly train the right person).

Ability to learn tile cleaning a must (training provided).

The right person HAS to have the SMILE we want to hire. Ability to interact with the public in a positive, upbeat manner and do "soft-sell" upsells. No high pressure sales techniques accepted.

Full time work YEAR ROUND (no starving during the winter).

VERY LITTLE after hours work - mostly 8am - 6 or 7 pm. Many times you get home earlier.

Pay dependant on attitude, experience, ability and most importantly - character. If you're not trustworthy and DEPENDABLE don't bother applying.

References a must. Drug testing a possibility - probability.

Knowlege in WDR helpful but not a deal killer.

Interested parties should contact me via PM.

Uninterested parties should....well....go have a beer with your buds. shiteatinggrin

Burtz

VERY LITTLE after hours work - mostly 8am - 6 or 7 pm. Many times you get home earlier.

8am to when ever he means

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Jamesh921 said:
Growing company needs high-energy (young), DEPENDABLE carpet cleaning tech to start immediately.
ummmmm ... James? Last time I checked it is illegal to mention age as a factor in ANY hiring situation. I know we're among friends here ... well sort of anyway. I'm just saying.

Steve Toburen
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Glad to hear the business is doing well. I was going to apply for the position till I saw the "young" part. Maybe I'll tell Scotty Warrington though.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Youth and dependability rarely coexist. For a full time lead tech you’re probably better off hiring someone at least 30. They are dependable at that age because they have bills that must be paid so you better be willing to offer a good salary.

I would also say no fat chicks in the ad :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Chris A

Name
Chris
ACE said:
I would also say no fat chicks in the ad :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

LOL, someone told me to look for a family man/woman. Then the bills are REALLY important.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Want a job in Oklahoma

ACE said:
Youth and dependability rarely coexist. For a full time lead tech you’re probably better off hiring someone at least 30.

And its perfectly legal to discriminate on someone based on their youth.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

joey895 said:
ACE said:
Youth and dependability rarely coexist. For a full time lead tech you’re probably better off hiring someone at least 30.

Better get another opinion if you were told that.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Re: Want a job in Oklahoma

Ken Snow said:
joey895 said:
ACE said:

Better get another opinion if you were told that.

Age discrimination can only be applied to people OVER 40 years old. Its been about 10 years now so maybe the law has changed but I was neck deep in an age discrimination lawsuit and this came straight from the attorneys mouth.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Just by saying you want young u are risking discrimination against everyone over 40. That was my point.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.

Ken Snow said:
Just by saying you want young u are risking discrimination against everyone over 40. That was my point.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I agree. Maybe my point didn't come across. I was saying you can discriminate against young people. Legally there is no such thing as discrimination against a young person.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Exactly- it is saying you/they want young in the ad, ergo it is potentially discriminating against those over 40. Legally now you can not even ask an age on an apllication, but only ask if they are over 18, or 21 if the job involves serving liquor in states where the age is 21.

Pleas edit your post- we have a few nut jobs on this board who like to mess with pople sometimes.

Ken
Ps We get a steady stream of young, hungry to work people every year. It is who you hire not a generational thing. Hell, our some parents thought our generation was lazy and probably some people of every gen before that has said that. Amazingly the world keeps innovating faster and faster.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Hmmmm, edit my post?

When I said "maybe my point didn't come across" I was just being polite. What I really meant was you must not have understood my post. :)

Read the post I quoted and then read my post. Key word in my post being "youth".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom