Want address for select neighborhoods? Easy!

Becker

Name
Becker
Thanks to Rob Sutherby ( Sticky ) I looked into Street Atlas USA 2009 Plus.

Bought it form Costco for $39.95

The program takes a little while to learn, but once ya figure out the commands you can easily select streets, then transfer the address and phone data to a save window.

The save window will only export 1000 addresses at a time.

So, here is what ya need to do after you have saved all the info to a text file.

You need to import it to excel.

Once you have the spread sheet up, highlight all the addresses ( only the addresses )
The under the home tab click on "conditional formatting"
Highlight, duplicates.
Excel will highlight all the duplicates so you are not mailing to the same address.

Believe me, some houses have 4 or more listings.

WOW, very quick!

I'm building a data base of 10,000 homes in select hoods to rotate mailing to.

Becker

Name
Becker
Good question,
I'm sure they are much like the phone book and release a new one yearly.

In any market if you were to use the "name"with out "or current res " you'd get a lot back.

For postcards like I'm doing now, I just use "Valued Neighbor" No name.

Yours ago, I use to use INFO USA.

Then when I updated my software I quickly learned that the program only came with some many exports. And the cost to reload was stupid!

tim

thanks for the advice, I too just purchased the program to target neighborhoods I want to do more business in. The problem I have is the info isnt as complete as it should be. I checked my street and no numbers were available and these houses are all about 5 years old and certainly in the phonebook. Oh well, some info is better than none :cry:

I'm glad that worked....they have a new addition every year. Make sure to get the PLUS version to get the addresses with names.....

Becker,
I'd suggest getting a large laminated map of your county. I have one and I pick the sub divisions I want to market to. I then upload the names and addresses from SAP to excell. I like the map so I can see the areas I am hitting.

Again I am going after high end work so I am hitting a very specific target market. If you want to do a large mailing its a lot cheaper to go to an outside company. But if you keep hitting very high end neighborhoods over and over again it should produce if you have good marketing material.

I think you can hit specific types of business. I'm planing on hitting adjusters and plumbers hard and heavy too. I really love restoration work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom