Want to make $6,000.00 in one day....no scam

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I checked these guys out and I am pretty sure it will work well for an O/O...with my structure, I am not so sure.

Basically you put your coupon price up ...$69.00 for 3 rooms..or whatever
They sell as many as they can in 24 hours and you split the money 50/50....sound familiar??
They send you a check right away...money up front isn't bad.

At the very least you will get a customer to market to...or maybe even do MORE work for them on that job and make your money.

And my Evil mind says...they may never use the coupon or give it to someone esle who never uses it...this is a time I would put an expiration date on it.

Here is the link.
http://www.groupon.com/deals/the-steam-team

If I was an O/O...I would be all over it.
I am still considering a deal that will work for me.

Let me know if anyone tried it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Do you really think they can sell almost 200 coupons in one day/

I would think 2 coupons in 24 hours would be more realistic.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
They have "Proof" on their website where they sold that many for a few carpet cleaners.

This company has gotten national press through the news.

I think it will work.

-JB-

Name
JB
welcome to tonight's episode of....

"Short attention span theater"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron, LOL.

I just think it's a good way for someone to make money right away.
For my company, I am not sure it will work...partly because of what you just said but also because of my overhead.

If I was just starting out, it would be nice to get a check for 6 or 7 grand to increase cash flow.
It's not about lowering prices, it's about getting in the door with a real deal that you can build on once you make the contact.

If I put a coupon on there for maybe $125.00 for 3 rooms, it might be more profitable per job but I don't think I would get too many buyers.

Ken, is this a deal that your company can do? With your pricing, I would think it would work great for you...even if you only got 200 more customers. Maybe it's too "small potatoes" for your company?
You, might be able to offer an even better deal. Although I am not sure if they do it in your area.

edit: I was figuring out that if I did a certain deal, I would end up with about $3.00 per customer BEFORE any other work performed (Other work performed would be the part to hope for). And that's with the Tech taking a hit as well.
I actually got one Tech to agree to it so we will see if I can make it happen...and how it works out....I don't think it will hurt to try...I've been the test puppy before.

Walt

Let me get this straight.

You pay someone 34.50 so that you can go can clean 3 rooms for $34.50. Maybe I don't understand this all that well, but no matter how you slice that it sounds like a rough deal. The only way this could work is if you are able to up sell like crazy on at least half of the coupons and not have them to far apart.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
You might as well clean for free and make it up in volume.

Let's see, The marketing company makes 10 times the money you'll make on each job.

I would think a smart businessman should make atleast 10 times what the marketing costs.

Not the other other way around.

There are much more cost effective ways to find new customers.

(I often get well over 100/1)

Also, remember low price clients often don't make very good long term clients. They will drop your company for the next lower price.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Coupon or Gift Certificate doesn't always mean "low price" custy.

The idea is to get into the customers home...we all pay for advertising....except Dave Y. :roll:
Most will have more than three rooms done and I am sure they have other things to do if you offer the service.
How confident are you with your skills?

Again, this isn't for everyone but it could be a good kick start to a small company...and maybe for other companies too.

Everyone is so quick to shoot down an idea before it's even figured out. Jeese.
I wouldn't do it unless it's cost effective.

You make your own deal with them...depending on how good that deal looks to the potential buyer and whether or not you make money is what counts.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Running many successful businesses Gift Certificates were great because only about 30% got returned. So I don't know where the info Ron and Yoakum come up with is coming from. Plus if I cleaned as badly as Yoakum I could only count on the one time sale, so I see his point from his position. it is a very interesting idea one that I wouldn't be interested in but if you had the time it could work out.

I do love the people who say don't make money but make it up in volume and then go out and do demonstrations. Atleast I get paid for my demos when I waive the minimum

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There is a 6 month expiration date as well...so the clock is ticking.

I'll let everyone know when I get set up and I will send the link to the page where it lists how many are being sold.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Thanks for the info. Brian. You can always count on this place to shoot down an idea. The company Chris has in his avatar does just the sort of thing you are talking about and they keep 6 or 8 trucks rolling in my areas every day.

And they do pretty good cleaning, too.

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's me ... Rob Allen.

Since Chuck and Odin have been on Jimmy Ladwigs computer the past few days, I figured there was nothing wrong with me being on Marty's.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm working out the details with the girl now...crap, I'm kinda getting excited about trying something new....I can't wait till it hits.

Chris A

Name
Chris
It could be a great way to store up some nuts for winter...

Tahoesteve

Hey Brian,

I notice they don't offer Sacramento/Roseville in their list of available markets. Are they adding one for your campaign?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
No I am doing it in the Dallas area first.

Should be hitting early next week...their words.

I sent some images over and areas and details...typical pain in the ass ad stuff.

Great thing is if it doesn't sell, I don't pay a dime.

The numbers work out ok, but if we do more work on some or all of the jobs then it just gets better.
I still think it will work better for an owner operator.

Edit: And...Call me evil if you want....their is that 6 month exp date...it they don't use it..."free" money.

Name
Nate W.
Brian Robison said:
No I am doing it in the Dallas area first.

I sent some images over and areas and details...typical pain in the ass ad stuff.

The numbers work out ok, but if we do more work on some or all of the jobs then it just gets better.

Edit: And...Call me evil if you want....their is that 6 month exp date...it they don't use it..."free" money.

Any relations to the people from Nigeria sending bogus money orders to unsuspecting people? :mrgreen: There are a lot of miss imformed people out there, you're bound to make money off it..... :lol:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Brian Robison":1faxapd8]No I am doing it in the Dallas area first.

Any relations to the people from Nigeria sending bogus money orders to unsuspecting people? :mrgreen: There are a lot of miss imformed people out there, you're bound to make money off it..... :lol:[/quote:1faxapd8]

Lol, it't legit....we will do the work if they schedule it.

duckster

Tahoesteve said:
Hey Brian,

I notice they don't offer Sacramento/Roseville in their list of available markets. Are they adding one for your campaign?

Nothing in the Eugene Oregon area either. Portland is 110 miles away making jobs there geographically undesirable. Maybe they are expanding at some point. We'll see.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yea, they are trying to grow.

Got a couple of proofs a few minutes ago...made some changes...They have been pretty on the ball about the whole ordeal.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yea, that's how I found out about them.

I'm feeling ok about it...we'll see what happens.

I have been talking to a few of my networks about it to see if they could benefit from it.
Some are looking into it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom