WAR OF THE WORLD OF TRUCKMOUNTS !!!!

KevinD said:
Beautiful, Clean looking machine although I am not sure of the in your face exhaust tip.

Kevin,

One of the advantages that Judson has in the market is the versatility of our installs. Each unit can be custom-designed to fit the operator’s needs. This particular unit is going into a box truck. Box trucks tend to have the unit sitting higher than if it were installed in a van. Actually the top of the control panel is over the operator’s head, when installed in a box truck, so the best place to have the exhaust is up, if possible. Exhaust has a natural tendency to rise and dissipate. The chrome exhaust tip in the photo is actually a mini glasspack. It actually made a substantial difference in the exhaust sound level. Plus, the fact that it is insulated with fiberglass makes it possible to touch the muffler while the equipment is operating without getting burned.

fred boyle said:
Hey Les,

How many gallons will that Stainless waste tank hold before it shuts off? DO you have different options for a larger waste or Aux if needed ? and what size?

Thanks
Fred

Fred,

The shutoff level of the recovery tank is between 130 – 135. To give you larger capacity in a recovery tank, we could add depth to the bottom, and give you between 150 – 175 shutoff capacity, but the unit would have to be mounted in a box truck due to the increased height of the unit.

bob vawter said:
Les...i got one word...Paraplate unloader....

ok two words!

why not?

Bob,

Judson has used a lot of paraplate regulators through the years. They are good, but they are not as common in the pressure washing industry as you might think. One of the most important things with a Judson is having common parts that can be found locally like at a pressure washing supply store. The pump on this unit is a Emperor pump, so we decided to go ahead and buy the Emperor pulsation dampener and regulator to keep the unit parts as common as possible.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Les...my question is....why don you use a stainless Paraplate unloader instead of that brass one.......and what are the perimeters of that brass one...? thanks

braddaddy

MAN..... !!! 2 12" wheels in front and 2 18" wheels in back and a handle...? That would be the awesome'ist porty!!

AdamHale said:
Everything looks really nice but the exhaust messing my wonderfull hair up has got to go.

Make a #5 blowered one and I will get one next year.
Adam,

I know you have really nice looking hair, and I don’t want you to get it messed up. There are a lot of different exhaust configurations we can provide with our units. The blower that we are using produces 550 cfm and will produce a sealed vacuum of 15 inches of mercury. If you feel you need more performance than that, I guess we could bolt a larger engine and blower on there for you. Thanks for the positive post you made about our equipment. In the Judson book you are a big deal in the industry. I don’t know about anybody else.

bob vawter said:
Les...... the Paraplate 13020 SS billet regulator @ $120.00 would be an awesome upgrade?

THANKS BOB IS THIS IT ???

1674.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Leslie Judson Jones said:
KevinD said:
Beautiful, Clean looking machine although I am not sure of the in your face exhaust tip.

Kevin,

One of the advantages that Judson has in the market is the versatility of our installs. Each unit can be custom-designed to fit the operator’s needs. This particular unit is going into a box truck. Box trucks tend to have the unit sitting higher than if it were installed in a van. Actually the top of the control panel is over the operator’s head, when installed in a box truck, so the best place to have the exhaust is up, if possible. Exhaust has a natural tendency to rise and dissipate. The chrome exhaust tip in the photo is actually a mini glasspack. It actually made a substantial difference in the exhaust sound level. Plus, the fact that it is insulated with fiberglass makes it possible to touch the muffler while the equipment is operating without getting burned.

what about it blowing into a building??? if you have pulled up, by the door???

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Leslie Judson Jones said:
[quote="bob vawter":xo2p2rqa]Les...... the Paraplate 13020 SS billet regulator @ $120.00 would be an awesome upgrade?

1674.jpg
[/quote:xo2p2rqa]
No Les..i believe that a is a dampner....the pressure regulator looks lik this....

parap.jpg

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Greenie said:
with a Roots 56 or similar, is you wouldn't notice any change in vacuum.....but it would allow runnig the blower slower, and having a lower pitch for the same CFM....

But Greenie, Adam's comments are not surprising to you, are they? Isn't that what most cleaners want now? The ability to get the max CFM's for the least amount of engine/blower noise or engine wear as possible? There was a thread a couple weeks ago about guys complaining about running their lawn mower engines RPM's too high, blowers screaming so loud.

I think most would say, given the choice (even if it meant more $$) of running a smaller engine balls to the wall to spin their 47 blower vs. a larger engine able to spin a bigger blower at a lower speed to get the same CFM result.. most would choose the bigger option. I'm guilty of wanting bigger, better, more too.

Compared to my tired old Powermatic 1150A with a 23/45, the C4 or whatever Judson model this is, would be Nirvana for me... but that doesn't stop me from wanting more. That's human nature I guess?

Adam said it, but I was thinking it too.

Greenie

WJMorgan3 said:
I think most would say, given the choice (even if it meant more $$) of running a smaller engine balls to the wall to spin their 47 blower vs. a larger engine able to spin a bigger blower at a lower speed to get the same CFM result.. most would choose the bigger option. I'm guilty of wanting bigger, better, more too.

Bill, that is a valid point and good observation.

Allow me to clarify my point.

First, there is absolutely nothing wrong with running a "bigger" machine. Now that that is said let's look at the details.

With raw performance and cost and weight aside, and it's agreed there isn't much difference in net output between the two scenarios, then there really is only one issue remaining, Noise.

Granted the scenario "could" be pretty extreme with the vision of one machine screaming away with a high pitched whine and the other "loping" along with a moderate hum from both blower and engine.

But...for Single wand use, what if said smaller machine wasn't really "screaming" along at all?

I think there is some "room in between" the two examples.

When you run Mike's TNT-500 (LunchPail) at 2500-2900 rpms it's quit a bit quieter than it is at 3300-3600. And it's still making 15"hg and More CFM than you could ever cram through a 2" glided wand.

So...for a guy who isn't going to dual wand routinely, there just isn't reason to spend the extra money on the more expensive setup. Keep in mind those 4 cyl. water cooled engines have things like expensive computers on them that control EFI etc...

That is really my point. If "less" can be more, then enjoy it if you are a single wand kind of guy...most are.

That said...you still have the reserve to Dual occassionally with a "reasonable" noise level, it's really not that bad 30' from the truck, it's just not, and once again the weight, purchase price, and running cost, and replacement cost considered, there is a LOT of bang for the buck.

And for some more money it can be made quieter without necessarily going to larger componenets.

Now....I'm not gonna say to do it tomorrow, but the new 35hp Big Block that Les is using on the recent TNT-500s could turn that 56 blower just fine at 85% if that is what a guy wanted, it would just have to be a custom order from the ground up.
And like I said, it's my opinion, there wouldn't be a lick of net perf. difference, I really don't want to under sell the T-408 blower it's a nice piece of kit.

But Les's rule...he who pays the money gets the machine he wants.

C

cucu

you just have to keep making the best units out there .............dont you

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Greenie said:
Allow me to clarify my point.

Thanks for the explanation Greenie, that makes more sense to me now.
I'm new to all the different variables associated with engine size related to optimum blower size.

What's the difference between Mikeys TNT 500 and the C4? Is C4 just a slightly tweeked/revised version of the TNT model?

Bill

Bob Foster

TNT has a 120 gallon tank (which is still larger than most slide ins) with a Roots 45 blower and a 18 hp engine

The new one Mike has, the C4 (Lunchpail) runs a Sutorbilt 408 with a 150 gallon waste tank with a 30 hp engine.

Greenie

WJMorgan3 said:
What's the difference between Mikeys TNT 500 and the C4? Is C4 just a slightly tweeked/revised version of the TNT model?

Bill

I like the TNT 500, (cause it's just a bigger version of the time tested TNT), some others liked the c4 name because it's "naming convention" was in line with TNT, both being explosives.

Technically it's not been official yet, very few of them out there.

Mike has the 30 kohler, but I think in the future you will see the 35 briggs standard.

Either way that T-408 blower is a winner with it's 500+ cfm potential.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Bob Foster said:
the C4 (Lunchpail) runs a Sutorbilt 408 with a 150 gallon waste tank with a 30 hp engine.

Thanks Bob,

So is the 35hp engine a special order? Maybe I missed it, but what size blower is attached to this system? To revisit Greenie's explanation, if the C4 with a 30ph engine can spin a Sutorbilt 408 to perfection, then why build one with a 35 hp engine using the same size blower (if it is the same size as the C4/Lunchpail) if it's not going to really add significant benefit? Unless the benefit is to have a slightly bigger engine not being pushed as hard as a 30hp?
Thansk for helping me understand.. even if it is a little spoon feeding !dork!

Just saw your post Greenie, thanks!!

Bill

Greenie

Just for the record Bill, you could probably support that t-408 blower with a 27hp engine just fine, we don't "need" the 30 or the 35, but a few extra horses just allow us the option to run in the Torque range vs: the Max horsepower range without the governor kicking in all the time under load....yes these means less fuel consumption possibly (no test yet), and a little reduction in noise. We don't want to run them too slowly because they are air cooled, the cooling and drawing in of air over the fins is directly associated to the rpms of the engine.

But...the main reason the 35 looks good right now, is it runs smooth as silk.

Now go tell someone about the Classic TNT year end special, at a real cost under $7K, that is the deal of the year.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
The problem with the 30 hp is it cannot run the blower at the full 3600rpms and 15 hg. You really need to go with a 35hp briggs or a 38hp kohler to get the full performance of the 48 blower. I know because my 30 hp kohler direct coupled(1 to 1) to the 47 blower its pushing can only do 3100-3200rpms with the hg at 14. My 30 is set at 3750rpms and drops to the 3100rpm with the glided wand on the carpet. A bigger engine is always better if you want the most out of the available blower.

Greenie

That may very well be true, but the advantage of Belt drive is you can easily run the blower at 90% and the engine at 100% if you want, you'll still get 3240rpms from the blower and the engine wouldn't skip a beat...and it would actually be quieter.

It's great to have options.

bob vawter said:
[quote="Leslie Judson Jones":2errayqv][quote="bob vawter":2errayqv]Les...... the Paraplate 13020 SS billet regulator @ $120.00 would be an awesome upgrade?

1674.jpg
[/quote:2errayqv]
No Les..i believe that a is a dampner....the pressure regulator looks lik this....

parap.jpg
[/quote:2errayqv]
Bob,

Now I know what regulator you’re talking about. We offer these regulators if someone wants one. You can see it’s on this Nordic One unit we just built here in Greenville with Terje. The reason it’s on Terje’s unit is that when you release the trigger the pressure doesn’t climb as much as with other regulators. This is very important on an electric machine to keep the amp draw down. To answer your question why it’s not standard on our units…we want to have the most common parts possible so they can be found locally.

PictureorVideo033.jpg

P

Phoenix Phil

How come the Judson team can build a reliable top quality truck mount in stainless steel that's affordable and very few others (no major manufacturer) can?

Every new machine they build I want. I would love to see a diesel or a 4 cyl. with a 5 blower type machine from them.

They could put Prochem out of business.

Great Machine...again!

we can make anything you want.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom