WARNING! Truckmounts Depreciating at an ALARMING Rate ??

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Re: WARNING! Truckmounts Depreciating at an ALARMING Rate !!

If this was my TM....and I was NOT going to put it in service.... :!:

I would sale the unit for 10k..With a 90 day warranty..or 100 hours..! "whichever came 1st."

With MY maxium out of pocket expense...NO TO EXCEED..$2500.00. :!:

Both parties would have some protection...in this deal... :idea:

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin

Local guy here I ran into while he was powerwashing a grocery store. I can't remember which unit, but it was a big ass BL. about 3 years old and low hours. He got the unit, 16 ft. trailer, kero-heated pressure washer, and about everything you need to do carpet cleaning and powerwashing for $7500 from another biz that went out.

Something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.

Judson before attempting to put words in someones mouth you should take your foot out of yours. I never made ANY CLAIMS as to what the depreciation is on Truckmounts. I did however say what the machine was worth TO ME. See Harpers Post. He pretty much said everything but then again you should know that.

Next time use someones elses name to try to start shit[/quote:2u13hntp]
John, I would suggest that you read my post one more time. Where does it say I accused you of making claims on the depreciation on truckmounts other than the one in question? Seeing that you are an authority on Blueline Thermalwaves and they are the top of the line truckmounts on the market,

I thought you knew what you were talking about when you said it was worth $6,000 less per year. I’ve never started a post to start some shit. I started this post to find out if ALL truckmounts are depreciating at this same astronomical rate.

John Olson

Name
John Olson

John, I would suggest that you read my post one more time. Where does it say I accused you of making claims on the depreciation on truckmounts other than the one in question? Seeing that you are an authority on Blueline Thermalwaves and they are the top of the line truckmounts on the market,

I thought you knew what you were talking about when you said it was worth $6,000 less per year. I’ve never started a post to start some shit. I started this post to find out if ALL truckmounts are depreciating at this same astronomical rate.

Umm Les you should read what you wrote. Here let me help you

John Olson claims the machine is going to depreciate at $6,000 pr year sitting in the showroom for sale with no hours being put on it

and once again my post was what I would PAY for it not how much it or any other machine depreciates. Your a buisness man and you know or should know the longer something sits on your floor the more money your losing. Basic accounting.

You put it out there for sale and I made an offer. Make me wait and my offer depreciates. Nothing was said about the machine depreciates.

steve g

Name
steve garrett

Leslie Judson Jones said:
[quote="John Olson":2m7kw59v][quote="Leslie Judson Jones":2m7kw59v]I feel this is an issue that needs to be addressed, seeing that most of you guys on the board own truckmounts. I started a post to help Jeff Woods sell his Thermalwave that was just out of warranty. I repaired this unit and got it running in perfect condition.

The asking price was $10,000 which was $2,000 - $4,000 under market value. John Olson claims the machine is going to depreciate at $6,000 pr year sitting in the showroom for sale with no hours being put on it. I just have a really hard time believing that anything can depreciate at that rate.

Most all truckmounts use the same parts; blower, pump, engine, etc. So most truckmounts unless they have design faults should hold their value at about the same rate.

One thing about our truckmounts that makes them hold their value is that they are all stainless steel construction, which is a bonus as far as depreciation goes. I know the new Sapphire truckmounts are all stainless steel frames which should also help those units retain their value. Is anyone else on this board seeing a depreciation on truckmounts at this astronomical rate?

Judson before attempting to put words in someones mouth you should take your foot out of yours. I never made ANY CLAIMS as to what the depreciation is on Truckmounts. I did however say what the machine was worth TO ME. See Harpers Post. He pretty much said everything but then again you should know that.

Next time use someones elses name to try to start shit[/quote:2m7kw59v]

I thought you knew what you were talking about when you said it was worth $6,000 less per year. I’ve never started a post to start some shit. I started this post to find out if ALL truckmounts are depreciating at this same astronomical rate.[/quote:2m7kw59v]

when you start a post just to call someone out for something they said, most people take that as combative.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
If the offer is not what you want or need to get for the unit then politely decline and wait for the next offer. IF you think you might reconsider later then call back at that point, but don't assume the offer will still stand or it will be the same as it was previously.

Just like selling a used car to a dealership instead of a private party, the dealership needs to buy at a lower price in order to turn a profit selling at full retail and building in the cost of possible repairs. A private party will pay more, but less than full retail because they are not getting the (warranty) and do not know if the car has been well-maintained/repaired. They also pay more for the peace of mind that if something goes wrong with the deal or the claims they are dealing with a larger company that will be much more likely to back up the deal and not be unreachable tomorrow.

Maybe there is more to this than meets the eye, but I don't see the issue. If you don't like the offer - decline. No harm, no foul. You are free to sell elsewhere and have no obligation to sell to John, correct? Likewise, John has no obligation to pay a particular price for anything he buys. He can offer you 1 dollar or 1 million dollars, it's up to him, what he thinks it will sell for in his market, how precious his floor space and capital is to him right now and the demand for this particular machine.

Don't take it personally. I don't think it was intended as any sleight to the Judson name or history.

Take care,
Lisa

Take care,
Lisa

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bravo...Lisa... :!:

Women can remove the "TesTeRonE"...from the EQUATION.... :wink:

Soon all will be well in...."HooTerVIllE".... :D

joe harper

Name
joe harper
:D
admiralclean said:
Oh, shut up, Harp!

You're starting to remind me of Foster.

Sucky, sucky, sucky.

You should make an offer on this BL..."since you sold your ...LawnMoWeR...TCS..." :roll:

Then you could HaUl the "Pig'S" to the market in the "V"....... shiteatinggrin

Bob Foster

I just love it when everyone is so pissy...

I stayed home today just so I wouldn't miss a a single useless thing Marty said.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jay DeLaughter said:
It's "Hootersville" according to Lisa Douglas.

thank's ED... :lol:

Now ..! "back"..to Mr. Douglas & Mr. Hanney's.....traCtOr purchase.... Ivebeensold

If...Mr. Ziffle... :roll: can controll HIS piG... :shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Able 1

Name
Keith
I got this in the mail today..... There selling it "new"! :evil: And the 405 has over 6000 hours. :shock:
003-2.jpg

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Wow. The 405 even stripped blasted re-painted $7500. 8k tops. I'd turn that machine for 6800. I'd give 3500-4500 trade in depending on how much cancer it had. Now I don't know what all they did to that machine nor it's history but the parts for that engine are scarce. I need a head for an A15 right now and it's $1300! So it might be worth 9500 to someone that has to have a 405.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Stripped and repainted LOL... Thing looks like it was dragged behind a truck.

truckmount girl said:
If the offer is not what you want or need to get for the unit then politely decline and wait for the next offer. IF you think you might reconsider later then call back at that point, but don't assume the offer will still stand or it will be the same as it was previously.

Just like selling a used car to a dealership instead of a private party, the dealership needs to buy at a lower price in order to turn a profit selling at full retail and building in the cost of possible repairs. A private party will pay more, but less than full retail because they are not getting the (warranty) and do not know if the car has been well-maintained/repaired. They also pay more for the peace of mind that if something goes wrong with the deal or the claims they are dealing with a larger company that will be much more likely to back up the deal and not be unreachable tomorrow.

Maybe there is more to this than meets the eye, but I don't see the issue. If you don't like the offer - decline. No harm, no foul. You are free to sell elsewhere and have no obligation to sell to John, correct? Likewise, John has no obligation to pay a particular price for anything he buys. He can offer you 1 dollar or 1 million dollars, it's up to him, what he thinks it will sell for in his market, how precious his floor space and capital is to him right now and the demand for this particular machine.

Don't take it personally. I don't think it was intended as any sleight to the Judson name or history.

Take care,
Lisa

Take care,
Lisa

Lisa,

What you said is all well and good if this post was about an offer being made on the truckmount in question. This post is about a statement made by John Olson who is an authority on Blueline Thermalwave truckmounts.

John Olson states that $10,000 is the market value of this particular Thermalwave. This particular Thermalwave is no different than any other Thermalwave that I know of other than the fact that it has been maintained extremely well.

To me, this is a big concern for the truckmount manufacturing industry because this Thermalwave is less than 3 years old, and it sold for $28,000 when it was new. If this is true then the depreciation rate of this unit is over $6,000 per year, according to John Olson.

So I started this thread asking a question about the value of other truckmounts and if they are dropping at the same astronomical rate. I see that someone has posted that you can buy a brand new Thermalwave for $19,999.00 which is what what I started this post about in the first place; at what rate are truckmounts depreciating at these days?

Greenie

I will sell you a brand new SS 370 for $7K....cause that is about what it is worth in the current economy, whadda ya say?

Evaluating TM threads is almost as productive as pricing threads.

How about a near new Vortex for $39K? I'll include a full tank of diesel.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've used many trucmounts but have only owned a Butler, a Vortex and now a Judson.

Not being the easily impress by flashy graphics and bright buttons sort of guy that I use to be, I can now say that the most important feature in any truckmount should be the least amount of proprietary parts as possible.

Second is it's vacuum, next is ease of use and maintenance followed by it's waste water capacity, fifth would be heat and 6th would be it's sustained value.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Woodsey...needs a buyer...

Les needs his money for repairs ...and the machine off his floor...

John has a buyer....and is looking for a profit....

John gives Woodsey his buyer for a 10% "bird dog fee" $1000.00

Woodsey gets 9k for the unit..minus $400.00 to Les for repairs... $8600.00

Les gets to help out a cleint...make a little Juice on the shipping... gets paid for repairs...
and maybe sell another unit to Woodsey..!!! "and do a good deed" :wink:

And the new owner...should be happy with his new machine....!

Isn't CAPITALISM a great concept... :!:

G

Mikey P said:
I can now say that the most important feature in any truckmount should be the least amount of proprietary parts as possible.

Is that what sold ya on the recoil???

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
my brand new steamgenies have NOT ONE proprietary part..
STANDARDIZED PARTS all the way.....every one!

G

bob vawter said:
my brand new steamgenies have NOT ONE proprietary part..

Then why you say it's hard to find driveshafts???

Name
John LaBarbera
Mikey P said:
I've used many trucmounts but have only owned a Butler, a Vortex and now a Judson.

Not being the easily impress by flashy graphics and bright buttons sort of guy that I use to be, I can now say that the most important feature in any truckmount should be the least amount of proprietary parts as possible.

Second is it's vacuum, next is ease of use and maintenance followed by it's waste water capacity, fifth would be heat and 6th would be it's sustained value.

Mikey,

When you listed the TM's you've owned you left off the recoil. Shame on you!

Mikey P

Administrator
I wish Willy would show up in Nashville and show us how to run a Resoil off a truck with 200 of hose.

With out a booster.

Ed said I could.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Long Duk Dong said:
[quote="bob vawter":1dnhi8fu]my brand new steamgenies have NOT ONE proprietary part..

Then why you say it's hard to find driveshafts???[/quote:1dnhi8fu]
OLD NEWS CHUCKIe.... i have located a pallet full of them..a little pricey at a GRAND a pop....HOWEVER my machine shop(space age) is making them a LOT cheaper!
I sell every unit that i make.....but...

THANKS FOR THE PLAY!
bestfrontmachine.jpg

machineinside-1.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
bob vawter said:
[quote="Long Duk Dong":33fi8sno][quote="bob vawter":33fi8sno]my brand new steamgenies have NOT ONE proprietary part..

Then why you say it's hard to find driveshafts???[/quote:33fi8sno]
OLD NEWS CHUCKIe.... i have located a pallet full of them..a little pricey at a GRAND a pop....HOWEVER my machine shop(space age) is making them a LOT cheaper!
I sell every unit that i make.....but...

THANKS FOR THE PLAY!
bestfrontmachine.jpg

machineinside-1.jpg
[/quote:33fi8sno]

HOLY MOSES.....My PM alarm jus went off.....sorry THAT Steamgenie is SOLD already...
BUT i gots two more comeing down the pike.....the first will be a refurbished/used one...we'll call it a EconOgenie...
However the SECOND ONE is gonna be full tilt KILLA!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
admiralclean said:
You didn't make that very clear, you old coot.
FUnny, it was clear to me. I've seen many posts about used tms, that have 1000's of dollars in parts, even mounted in a van, and when its asked on here "how much is it worth?" some BD says its only worth half of what someone wants, less than a 1/4 of what they paid for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom