Warps, Wefts and Randy Hyde

Mikey P

Administrator
-What came first carpet cleaning or rug cleaning and how and why would a smart guy like settle for being a glorified janitor?

-Do you have a photographic memory or are you an incredible cheat when it comes to IDing rugs?

-How many employees do you have and what are their duties?

-Where was your biz five years ago and where will it be in another five?

-You and Koets in a rug pit, who would win the ID challenge and could you pin the little guy down?

-What other hobbies do you enjoy?

-Would you buy another Vortex?

-In your nirvana who would be President of the United states?
Vice Pres?
Chief of staff?
Head of State?
Treasury?
Defense?
IICRC Pres?

-If someone offered you a free Moore would you take it?

Ron K

Mikey stop it..... his head is so big already it won't fit through my shop doors.
He is almost the smartest guy I know when it comes to Oriental Rugs.
And I am trying to get a match between him and Nate... having met them both
I think Randy would win as I said before, his head is bigger.
Hey Randy whats your address I need to send you that $20
X's and O's

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Has he made it on "THE TOP 25 LIST" yet? He definitely would be one the smarter guys on here.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
-What came first carpet cleaning or rug cleaning and how and why would a smart guy like settle for being a glorified janitor?

I started out being a “glorified” UPS driver for rugs but the company I worked for did carpet, rugs upholstery, hand repair, machine repair so in 8 years I’d done most everything rugs where a personal interest to me. I’m not here to impress anyone I’m here to make a living doing something I love…don’t you ? By the way I find the term “janitor” deeply offensive I prefer money whore.

-Do you have a photographic memory or are you an incredible cheat when it comes to IDing rugs?

I can’t really explain it other than everyone has something they excel at this is my “super power” you can’t really cheat I’m sure one here or there but not on every rug.

-How many employees do you have and what are their duties?

3+ myself. A shop helper that just took the IICRC test yesterday, a rug repair/ office person, a second repair person/ book keeper I’ve rug as many as 6 employees

-Where was your biz five years ago and where will it be in another five?

Five years ago I had 1 employee 1,400 sq ft shop
We are looking to buy or build a shop in the next few years.

-You and Koets in a rug pit, who would win the ID challenge and could you pin the little guy down?

LOL… Nathan’s very knowledgeable often we agree on rug Id’s I’ve never viewed this as completion and I’m not out to best anyone except myself.

-What other hobbies do you enjoy?

Is there anything other than rugs ?
Hunting big game and brids ..i should invite you up for a good’ol duck hunt!
I almost became a chef so I do a lot of cooking, BBQ, bread baking, homemade pizza, beer brewing… home made Pizza tonight

-Would you buy another Vortex?

Not the new one there’s no space for rugs otherwise yes.

-In your nirvana who would be President of the United states?

Anyone not affiliated with the two party systems this country needs honesty not smoke and mirrors as for the rest it’s the president’s job to appoint his cabinet. Maybe it’s just time to violently overthrow the government..who’s with me ?

- IICRC Pres?

perhaps another violent overthrow?

-If someone offered you a free Moore would you take it?

I have a Moore washer in storage and I paid money for it so it wasn’t even given to me perhaps I’ll utilize all or part of it someday. If you are big enough to utilize one you are in a whole different market & profit level Ken & Bryan are likely cleaning in a week what I clean in a year and most of these guys are making 6 figure salaries there’s something to be said for that. Ken would have you think I’m pen pals with Ted Kazinski and seek to have us riding horse and tilling the land by hand. I stand by my point that they don’t get rugs what I consider clean regardless there’s room for both.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
"I have a Moore washer in storage and I paid money for it so it wasn’t even given to me perhaps I’ll utilize all or part of it someday. If you are big enough to utilize one you are in a whole different market & profit level Ken & Bryan are likely cleaning in a week what I clean in a year and most of these guys are making 6 figure salaries there’s something to be said for that. Ken would have you think I’m pen pals with Ted Kazinski and seek to have us riding horse and tilling the land by hand. I stand by my point that they don’t get rugs what I consider clean regardless there’s room for both"

Huh? How did I get pulled into this? Did I say/post something that made you think I have anything but respect for you? Why would you think we do not get rugs clean? As far as I know you really know nothing about my business as I don't about yours.
Ken

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
What do they say Quality not Quantity. Quality is always more secure than quantity . BUT from what I see a name is a name until someone better steps in. I am not putting anyone down. But being attentive is much more better than mass production . Sorry.

Harry Myers said:
What do they say Quality not Quantity. Quality is always more secure than quantity . BUT from what I see a name is a name until someone better steps in. I am not putting anyone down. But being attentive is much more better than mass production . Sorry.

Well put.
Like comparing a Corvette to a lamborghini.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Ken Snow said:
Huh? How did I get pulled into this? Did I say/post something that made you think I have anything but respect for you? Why would you think we do not get rugs clean? As far as I know you really know nothing about my business as I don't about yours.
Ken

come on Ken, lighten up! It was a reference to post “First full day in the pit.”

Ken Snow said:
Our roll a jet is far superior to our old brush machine for sure. Randy I was not trying to insult you or imply that other methods are inferior, just point out that with good automated equipment production can be greatly increased by a magnitude of 10-20 or more and quality at least equaled or surpassed. Another analogy would be horse drawn carriages vs steam driven then internal combustion engine driven vehicles. Or how about a farmer plowing a field with a horse driven implement? He could possibly handle a few dozen acres of land by himself and 1 horse, but load him up with tractors etc. and he can handle 100's or thousands. Not necc better just more efficient.

Ken

Walt

After seeing Randy H's work and comparing it to the other locals he is by far and away the best in town.

And to top it off he's got a great sense of humor.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
LOL- Mike you get my text about the backing material today?/ I would buy a whole roll, make 1/2 or more back on that job and then have 75% of it left for future jobs.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Mikey P said:
Ken and I were talking about Randy a few weeks ago.

I think he used the term idiot servant was used a couple times.

just a couple times eh , at I’m least smart enough to know the difference between Servant & SAVANT
I bet these kinds of low brow grammatical F-up’s don’t happen on the Allen’s board

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom