Was wondering........

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
How many Older model Vs do we have in the forum? Wanted to know if any of you would like to upfit or "remodel" and revive your V with new more accuarate gauges and sensors, complete "updo" the bow of your V with cosmetic and mechenical upgrades that will make your V run, perform and look new. I am almost finished with mine and wanted to know if anyone was interested in a "how to" accompanied by a full step by step list of what and how to do it. I will include a list of suppliers and manufacturers of where to find all parts and even come up with an apoximate price on parts and equipment.

I ask this because i would like to guage you all interest and find out if anyone is actually looking into upgrading thier V without the $90,000.00 price tag.

Please list your Year and model V and what ideas you might have on what you would like to do.

Here are some pics of mine about 70-80 done please chime in on what you all think.

IMG_5336.jpg

new pto drive shaft with new pillow blocks and and new u joints and belts.
DSCF0779.jpg

DSCF0771.jpg

this is my new exhaust to water HX no oil! very similiar to aerotechs.

DSCF0767.jpg

This a my new panel same as a 700hat but with updated gauges and new sensors and all new wiring.

DSCF0766.jpg

Quick disconnects for in line vac filter box

DSCF0755.jpg

DSCF0765.jpg

New all SS filter box with 2 3" lines in and to 2.5" out

DSCF0764.jpg

DSCF0756.jpg

DSCF0743.jpg

Installed carpet and insulation and some hooks for storage.

DSCF0768.jpg

Night View of panel
DSCF0745.jpg

DSCF0770-1.jpg

DSCF0762.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't think mine is considered to be a older model ( 2004 )...

But for what I paid for it and the things I have changed, moved, pulled out,threw away, and/or just completely redone......I am still way ahead of the price tag of a new one.....

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i am almost finished tallying up the total but it is under ten thousand and about 250 hours of my helpers and my time. But on my next truck (which i hopefully get next week) i will know exactly how to do what i want to do and how to do it. If everything goes like i want it to, the next truck will turn out perfect and just how i want it. I will let you know exactly how much it was next week i am installing the water softener today and have a couple of details to finish up.

P

Phoenix Phil

How about some exterior pix.

Vortex/Aero are still super trucks. Proper maint. can keep them running indefinitely. City buses semi's etc. run 500K miles. I think a Vortex Aero could do some higher hours and miles then we've seen. I'd love to have one!

PS what year is your new/used Vortex?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom