Was your post secondary education useful to your trade?

Bob Foster

Many of us have come the far way around to our trade. When you look back did it give you anything useful for being a better trades person or business owner?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I took an Electrician class that helped me re-wire my Buffer when it needed it...or maybe a vacuum.

Rex Tyus

One year of electronic engeneering technology. 1 semester 4.0 second semester 0. Academic probation to retail management to carpet cleaning.

So no, it hasn't helped me at all.

Gary T

My major was Building Construction Technology. Threw in 2 years chem, a bowling class(hey you could smoke during class), electrical theory, + the BS classes they made you take. Installed tile during college and since.

The chem classes help a bunch. The countless tile seminars and industry classes, experience give me a huge edge over the competition.

TimP

I finished 2 years of college and got a AA degree......went back just as I started up my biz....decided it had been too long and was for the birds. Better to focus attention on my biz. My wife is a few weeks from finishing her degree in Business Administration. (need it for the paperwork for my biz and possibly owning her parents biz later). I think I've made a good decision pushing her to get into it.....has helped in our marketing already as we advertise in areas which are recommended quite heavily.

We hope to take the SFS class next year...economy and openings in the class permitting.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Welding and auto tech.. Didn't really know what I wanted to do. The welding has helped alot and I enjoy it but just couldn't do it everyday.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Physics major, math minor. Experimental research on Vacuum's, metastable helium atoms, Flow Tubes and Senior Project on Trebuchets! da pumkin launchin ones!.. So its helped out alot.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
only when i started to do crime scene clean up...i use to work on an ambulance in Ireland

Scott

Robert Hodge and I are both experts at fighter aircraft bomb and missile delivery systems.

I don't know about Robert, but I learned everything I need to know about customer service from being in the Air Force. Just do the exact opposite and you'll be a great customer service provider! :eek:

Walt

Musician and graphic designer. The first is good for nothing except having a little fun. The second, gave an eye for detail - I hope that is true.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
My dad was an electrician and I grew up in a farm area, so I learned to turn a wrench, wire and plumb, and how to "work".
Have a BSc in Marine Biology. The microbiology, chemistry, and botany have really helped a lot. Plus biophysics.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
electrician most my adult life....licensed for about 8 years.....Trained electricians for about 3 years...worked on may different types of complex machinery in different types of plants...

hogjowl

Idiot™
Mine taught me how to delve into the deep dark recesses of your mind and figure out why you are as screwed up as you are.

It's helped me to avoid being like you. (Any of you ...)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom