wash pits?

West

Name
Clint
Just wondering if anyone here on the board had any recomendations on where to find/buy wash pits, grates, drying racks, etc...I do know some of the obvouis sites, just seeing what else might be out there that I do not know about. Websites, costs, and pictures would be great. This is for a small operations, so no huge big dollar dusting/drying machines. Also I know alot of people build there own, so let me know, thanks.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I think washpits may be over rated.

I'd rather clean rugs on the cement pad next to my house.

To dry i bring them into the garage and insert a few blowers under them.

IMAG0358.jpg

Bob Foster

I see you use the 2000 year old method of drying rugs on a hot sunny surface. A day out there and I bet they're almost completely dry.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
here in new mexico they're dry in about two hours flat.

The wool rug i flipped face down and baked about 45 minutes at 100 degrees.

I try to move them out of the sun as fast as i can so they don't get sun faded.

Bob Foster

4 2"x 6 " of which 2 are 11' long and 2 that are 14' long and a heavy vinyl tarp

lock the 2 x 6's together and drape the tarp over it and fill with water

Cost - under $100 and it stores in a stack of 4 boards and a folded up tarp.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
don't laugh too hard... nevermind,,, laugh all you want. :lol: :lol: :lol:

here's a pic of the wash pit i built using pvc and a pond liner.

It does the job and easy to store when not in use.

recently, I soaked a pee saturated rug in there for a few hours using vinegar and water which did a respectable job of knocking out the odor. Unfortunatly, i didn't rinse good enough because the rug still smelt like vinegar after it was dry. Had to wash it again :-(

on the second wash i used Judson's Quat which did a fantastic job and left the rug smelling clean and minty fresh! (Lippold also kicked me some of Judson's stuff which was odorless. I think it was quat too. thansk ron!)

The pit is handy to have and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to build.

as far as grates for dusting, I just vacuum the hell out of both sides of the rug. If it's real dusty I'll flip the rug upside down and insert a couple blowers until i get the "wave" action going and let it run for 30 mins or an hour. you'd be suprised how much dust comes out that way.

as for drying, after cleaning big rugs put a couple/few blowers underneath. That dries them pretty fast. the smaller rugs i just hang over the rack i built in my garage using a 4 inch pvc pipe with a long 2x4 board inside for rigidity. A couple I-bolts and a few pully's from the ceiling and you got yourself a drying rack on the cheap. you can add as many racks as you got ceiling space and joists to anchor to.

063.jpg

For delivery, once everything is dry and ready for delivery.

I got a giant roll of white butcher paper from sams club and i roll up a huge carpet dobbie that cheech and chong would be proud of.

customers love it when you walk into their home with a huge carpet doobie!

156100.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom