Waste Tank Concern

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Waste Tank Lid.JPG Waste Tank Crevice.JPG

I just got a new waste tank and Im curious if any of yous think this lid may give me trouble being on the larger than tank side. Also Im wondering if I need to worry about the weld job in pic 2. Looks like a missed area. Guy at the company I bought it from says it was tested and he dosent see my crack (crevice) in the pics I sent to him. Is the flexing of the tank going to give me problems down the road? He says Im worrying about nothing. How would you handle this issue?

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I think the gasket is good. It looks good.

Aluminum tank.

Im worried about the tank lid sliding back n forth with my driving skills. Didnt think of it bouncing off. I could strap it down.

Im most concerned with the weld job with the crack/crevice showing. Im worried that the flexing of the tank when suction is on may cause it to split then possibly cave since its right where the blower fits up to. I really dont know. Maybe the guy is right when he said,"I think you are stressing over nothing".

It sucks I couldnt just buy something I now have to worry about or possibly repair. I paid for brand new.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
He says heed take it back but Id have to pay for shipping. I really dont want to pay to ship it back. Not fair they sent me a crappy job tank now expect me to lose out on shipping cost to return it. Its one thing if I changed my mind but thats not the case. Its one thing I hate about long distance purchases. Dont get to check out stuff first.

Name
Nate W.
He says heed take it back but Id have to pay for shipping. I really dont want to pay to ship it back. Not fair they sent me a crappy job tank now expect me to lose out on shipping cost to return it. Its one thing if I changed my mind but thats not the case. Its one thing I hate about long distance purchases. Dont get to check out stuff first.

Tell me about it.......... You roll the dice and take the gamble..... I'd name the manufacture of said tank..... By the looks of it, I would have assumed it was Stainless Steel with no coating applied on it..... What was the real cost of not buying a name brand waste tank from a reputable buyer?

I've done my fair share of shitty purchases.... I lived, learned and weigh out my options more now....

J

JS41035

Sorry man that's a bummer. But I agree. Pay a local welder a couple hours to run over the welds. Probably the same cost as shipping.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I'd name the manufacture of said tank... What was the real cost of not buying a name brand waste tank from a reputable buyer?

I bought it from a reputable truckmount dealer who hasnt named the manufacturer yet - Ive asked who !! Still waiting !! He was a nice guy and very helpful with the purchase. I was just surprised he would ask me to cover the return shipping.

Tank was $1400 plus shipping vs $1550 from another vs $2000 from another and up.

If your really concerned about the welds, take it to a good local welder and have him redo it if necessary. Probably cheaper than the cost of return shipping.

If Im stuck with it I will definitely take it to have it re-welded cause once I install it I dont want to monkey around with it for at least 7-10 yrs. Hard to see the crevice in the pic.

I called the shipping company and because I dont have an account with them itll be $513 to ship back. Which is bull cause its not like I changed my mind.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Yes, is my short answer.. If I ordered that tank I would be VERY upset!! Why should you take any loss on this deal?

I went to tech college for welding, it was just a 1 year program.. I will say aluminum was the hardest thing for me to catch on to.. Aluminum doesn't show heat while you're welding so it is really easy to blow through it. He blew through the tank and there are already holes in your tank..

As Dan mentioned it was mig welded and mig is fine if your good at it, tig welding looks alot better..

Does your tank have baffles in it?

I you're stuck with it, take it to a good welder in your area like Shane said..

As your tank is right now I would not use it.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I am upset .. Ive been sold a rotten apple.

Yes it has baffles in it.

Over sized lid like a size 12 shoe for a size 10 man.

If Im stuck with it I will take it to a welder. Better to fix it now then pull things apart.

Once I find out the manufacturer of the tank I will share their identity. As for the TM dealer - Ill wait to see how he handles my issue before I share. I dont want to throw him under the bus. He was very helpful during the purchase. I dont blame him for the shoddy work performed by the tank manufacturer. Im just not sure why hes asking for me to pay to ship it back.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Did the manufacturer make any money on the transaction? If so I'd at least want him to pickup the shipping.

Even if he only picks half then you only pay half.

I would not keep it. You'll regret it if you ever have any problem with it.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Maybe some chipping with Flux core and stick(love stick for thick metal)..

The "grinding" was him just embarrassed of the look of his welds(happened a time or two for me):eekk:..

Reactions: Cleantechsk

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
It is a bad job period and you shouldn't be out any money.

The worlds are ugly but as long as they aren't leaking they should hold up fine.

The lid not fitting would piss me off the most. Does the tank have a horizontal ledge all around for the tank to sit on and make a good seal?

And how much FLEX does it have.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom