Waste tank lid seal.

Mikey P

Administrator
I tired the rubber strip/glue kit from BlueLINE.

Didn't stick real well. Some areas the strip has moved.

I like how the new 7000s used Beatty's idea and put the seal on the tank rim instead of the lid.

Any ideas short of welding on how I could get a makeshift seal on my old tank?

I'm thinking of cutting a thin hose down the center and sliding it over the rim.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
mike just take you lid to your local rubber company and they take measurments on in a cut you a nice rubber buna n gasket then have the inside of you lid sandblasted, then clean it with healthy amount of acetone and use a good contact cement and glue it back in place. i know it sounds like alot to do but shouldnt take you but about three hours to get it all done. when you buy the rubber buy the contact cement from them as well just tell the what materials your are trying to bond and they will get you the correct adhesive. by the way it only cost me about 45 dollars per lid and it seriously only took a few hours to do.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I must be missing something here. We took the best flat foam rubber gasket(self adhesive)we could buy from autozone, used some spray adhesive on the lid - let it dry until it was tacky, and stuck the gasket onto the lid. It lasted about a year and cost $20.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Mikey the hose trick will work but is a pita to line up everytime you remove the lid.

Micheal has a good suggestion, cheaper than sending to blueline for repair.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Mikey:

It was long, black and made of synthetic rubber.

(Gettin' ya hot, huh...?)

Seriously, it's steel reinforced channel, basically like a bunch of staples set in a row and coated with rubber, and with a rubber tube running all the way down the length of it.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
$3 per foot.

And if I remember correctly, the tank on your system is 3 ft. in diameter. So, you need just over 9 feet. Round it up to 10 feet, for a margin for error.

Just in case I'm wrong on the tank diameter. it's a good idea for you to confirm it before ordering.

Thanks.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I've tried many automotive weatherstrippings. Doesn't last.

Best I've found is anti-fatigue matting from Lowe's. Grey, about 36" wide, about 1/2" thick, high-density foam in a large roll, they cut to whatever length you want. Cut and glue to the full dimentions of lid with Goop.

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Mike, This was not hard. Order the ring, gasket and adhesive from Chuck. Take a Saturday morning three hours, and be done with it.
100_1276.jpg

Name
Nate W.
ronbeatty said:
Mike, This was not hard. Order the ring, gasket and adhesive from Chuck. Take a Saturday morning three hours, and be done with it.

I think that's the hard part. It should have a kama'aina price. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom