waste tank smells bad!!!!

fleming234

I was dumping at a car wash and it stinks so bad a little girl walked by and I thought she was going to puke. Do they all smell like this or have I sucked up something rotten. I washed it out when I got home with a hose, any ideas on what would make it smell better.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Yeah, cleaning up animal shit or piss. Or not emptying out at the end of the day. Most likely the latter.

clean one

How often do you wash the tank out ?
Mine gets the hose in it at the end of ea day when i get home , run the drain hose in my yard and flush it out.
Never had a odor in mine

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
John, as i have reminded most here....remember what we do for a living and WHAT is removed from yor custys carpet!
The fact that the human body sheds approx. 35 to 40 lbs of dED skin cells a year times the number of people in the household divided by the time actually spent in the home should be the first clue as to why yor waste tank smells like a dED body...then throw in the boogers, snot and the various OTHER body fluids that are present......and you has yor answer!
Yes, they do all smell like that!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
doesn't smell as bad as your most comfortable chair though, does it Bawb

Able 1

Name
Keith
Very nice baWb and you don't sell mattress cleaning at the whorehouse?

Keith

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
fleming234 said:
I washed it out when I got home with a hose, any ideas on what would make it smell better.

Besides cleaning/rinsing it out regularly,
Never let carpet nectar sit the waste tank over night
Leave the drain valve open (or remove the tank lid) at night
Park in a manner that facilitates a thorough draining.
Example; most car washes slope to the drain, pull in so that you use that grade to your advantage.
Same at home, if there's a slope/grade to your drive, use it to your advantage.
If not, some carpet nectar will be left in the tank to ferment.

..L.T.A.

G

I wash mine out with Sani-512 By MPC; After Katrina we cleaned out sewers, telephone underground tunnels, flooded homes, streets, and the restrooms at the Super Dome. It kills ANY smell. It also leaves a sanitary clean after smell; even in a sewer!!

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
Throw a couple 3 inch chlorine pool cakes in the bottom of the tank every couple weeks.
Since I've been doing this mine hasn't smelled at all.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Two word: Nose plugs

The nose plugs are for your well being.
Earplugs to tune out the public complaints.
And lots of coffee so you don't fall asleep from sensual deprivation.

Cheers.
Let us know how it works. Remember, your heard it here first.

If this improves your life as well as expected don't forget to send Mikey a donation.

d-day

I vacuum mine at the end of each day with a shop vac and rinse with fresh water. That doesn't keep the water from working up a good stench on hot days or on days with urine jobs, but it does keep things fresh most of the time.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
At the end of every day I drain, remove, disassemble, shot blast, and autoclave my rinse tank.

John Buxton

I thought of installing jets and hoses inside the tank with a QD on the outside of tank to kinda pressure wash the inside without having to remove the lid, and do it manually. If you put enough jets at the right places it would rinse the tank out pretty good.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have a 10 car driveway that slopes down I park midway downhill and run the hose to my drain valve and leave it open for a while then I spray it out with my fill hose. The stuff coming out is always gonna stink unless your have a weak TM that isn't sucking everything out

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom